Elon Musk Lands Deal to Take Twitter Private for $44 Billion

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Just in! Elon Musk is buying Twitter, it's happening!

Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk agreed to buy Twitter Inc. for $44 billion, using one of the biggest leveraged buyout deals in history to take private a 16-year-old social networking platform that has become a hub of public discourse and a flashpoint in the debate over online free speech.

Investors will receive $54.20 for each Twitter share they own, the company said in a statement Monday. The price is 38% more than the stock’s close on April 1, the last business day before Musk disclosed a significant stake in the company, sparking a share rally.

Musk, one of Twitter’s most-watched users with more than 83 million followers, began amassing a stake of about 9% in January. By March, he had ramped up his criticism of Twitter, alleging that the company’s algorithms are biased and feeds cluttered with automated junk posts. He also suggested Twitter’s user growth was inflated by bots. After rejecting an invitation to join the company’s board, on April 14 he offered to take Twitter private, saying he’d make the platform a bastion of free speech and dropping other hints about the changes he’d make as owner.

The ideas verged from the practical -- say, letting users edit tweets and combating the spread of bots -- to the peculiar, such as a proposal to turn the company’s San Francisco headquarters into a homeless shelter.

Read the rest here:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The left is irate. Some say freedom is illogical. I don't understand this world anymore. I'm looking forward to having my shadow ban removed. We can already follow more people at once without getting an instant restriction.

TimeFlipper

It's just a joke. People are taking it WAY too seriously.
I would really like it to be true Paula, Musk has already taken a firm stance against those pernicious scumbags of far left lunatics with their hatred of free speech, and threats against anyone who "DARES" to disagree with that scum!! :mad:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I would really like it to be true Paula, Musk has already taken a firm stance against those pernicious scumbags of far left lunatics with their hatred of free speech, and threats against anyone who "DARES" to disagree with that scum!! :mad:

Yes, but I meant the Coke tweet was a joke by him. He wasn't serious about that. It was a joke about the cocaine that used to be in coca-cola. He has a sense of humor, which the left hates immensely. (They more or less want humor banned). So, anything he says, just like Trump, they will twist out of proportion. This is why Musk pokes the behive and tweets strange things, just to get a reaction from them, and it's quite amusing.

TimeFlipper

Yes, but I meant the Coke tweet was a joke by him. He wasn't serious about that. It was a joke about the cocaine that used to be in coca-cola. He has a sense of humor, which the left hates immensely. (They more or less want humor banned). So, anything he says, just like Trump, they will twist out of proportion. This is why Musk pokes the behive and tweets strange things, just to get a reaction from them, and it's quite amusing.
Can you spot the Far Left Lunatic in this episode of the UK`s Dragon Den Paula?...These lot expect the Dragons to give them £150,000 for a business they havent even got, plus they have already lost £150,000...This Far Lefty Lunatic is the classic example of what they are all about!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Can you spot the Far Left Lunatic in this episode of the UK`s Dragon Den Paula?...These lot expect the Dragons to give them £150,000 for a business they havent even got, plus they have already lost £150,000...This Far Lefty Lunatic is the classic example of what they are all about!! :ROFLMAO:

The scared woman is the lefty. These dragons understand that she is participating in outright discrimination. And she knows nothing about business.

My company was started with zero handouts. No loans. No freebies. But the leftist mind often relies on other people to give them what they need.