Elvis Presley and John Lennon: Still Alive

TimeFlipper

Let's just say I hope John Lennon wouldn't look like Justin Bieber...as John has his image to uphold. Joking here...but John would be cool no matter what he chose to do with his hair.
Years ago it was, "cut you hair and get a job!" Now I say, "grow your hair and quit your job."

I get my son's head shaved all the time. He doesn't look like Justin Bieber. LOL. When he's a teenager, he'll probably refuse to get it cut, so I have to enjoy the clean look while I can!!! lol.
Dont you mean the Bruce Willis look Paula? your son having to live with that lol :eek::D

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Let's just say I hope John Lennon wouldn't look like Justin Bieber...as John has his image to uphold. Joking here...but John would be cool no matter what he chose to do with his hair.
Years ago it was, "cut you hair and get a job!" Now I say, "grow your hair and quit your job."

I get my son's head shaved all the time. He doesn't look like Justin Bieber. LOL. When he's a teenager, he'll probably refuse to get it cut, so I have to enjoy the clean look while I can!!! lol.
Dont you mean the Bruce Willis look Paula? your son having to live with that lol :eek::D

Most boys have that cut here. It's hot (weather).

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
@TnWatchdog - In my time travel-related historical revision, yes, both Elvis and John Lennon are still alive in 2016, and when they feel they are getting too old for performing, they will announce their retirement. Then, after their final concerts, whenever that may be, they will enjoy retirement until God calls them home, likely not at the same time, of course. :)

@Snake Plissken - The thought that Elvis is dead is actually a sort of matter of dispute. But that aside, whether they are really are still alive or dead at this moment in time is not the point I was making here when I started this thread. If you went back to the original post of this thread, you'll find that, given the assumption that they are dead, I have outlined a master time travel-related plan (complete with a series of events) to prevent their untimely deaths.

No offense intended at all, Snake, but you could have assumed this thread was not about a debate of whether or not they are still alive, but about a planned prevention of their deaths through time traveling/changing the past. This thread is listed in the topic "Time Travel Discussion" for Pete's sake!! :rolleyes:

@Num7 - If you find it absolutely necessary, you could move this thread to the topic "Alternate Histories and Timelines".

Apologies :(

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I think in a way, these two were such legends BECAUSE they died an untimely death... If they went on to live full lives, they might've came out with a bunch of crappy music and became has-beens... The same with artists like Kurt Cobain and the rest of the Club 27...
Wow, it's been over 2 and a half years since anyone bothered posting anything in this thread.

Anyway, I just want to point out that Chuck Berry, who died last year, was a legend, particularly among rock and roll enthusiasts, well before his demise. Similarly, Aretha Franklin was a legend well before her death last month, as was Michael Jackson before he died in 2009. So I'd assume the same thing goes for Elvis and John Lennon, so making them survive their untimely deaths and live longer would have no negative effect on their legend status; in fact, their legend would be even greater considering more musical output from those two.

Likewise, a case can be made for Mozart, who had an immense musical output before his untimely death in 1791 at age 35. Now, I don't plan on saving all legends from untimely deaths, because then there'd be a perfect world, right? So I feel I don't have to save Mozart, though it would be interesting to speculate on what amazing works he would have composed had he lived well past 35!

And I'll conclude this post with one more example. There is no question Stevie Wonder is a musical legend, and he's still alive. It is also true that he's blind, just like Ray Charles, another legend, who died in 2004 at age 73. :)

P. Jedi

I'm going to go ahead and reveal a little bit of what I'm going to change in history.

According to history after I revise it, Elvis Presley and John Lennon are still very much alive and well today. Allow me to explain a series of intricate events/scenarios that will make this idea a reality.

Elvis Presley

Elvis does not enroll for service in the U.S. Army in 1958. Two big reasons prevent him from doing this.
  1. Arnold George Dorsey moves from Leicester, England to Los Angeles, California on August 1, 1955. Mitch Miller signs him onto Columbia Records on September 1, 1956. On June 9, 1957 his producer/manager Joey Marcello (my creation, full name Joseph Alexander Marcello, born on March 30, 1918 to Italian immigrants in the Bronx) "renames" Dorsey as Engelbert Humperdinck. Engelbert experiences a sudden rise to a superstardom comparable to Elvis during the second half of 1957. Now that Engelbert is here to stay, Elvis must stay focused on his musical career if he is to prevent Engelbert from surpassing him in popularity.
  2. Elvis is married to his first wife, Mary Elizabeth Butler (also my creation, born November 30, 1935 in Memphis, Tennessee) as of her 17th birthday, and they remain married until their divorce in 1960. They have a pair of twins, James and Lucy (both my creation, born September 1, 1953 in Memphis). These family ties also keep Elvis grounded.
The U.S. Army I strongly assume is known for messing some people up mentally, so that they tend to indulge in food and drugs like Elvis did pre-change of history. So minus serving in the Army, and in addition looking to his rival Engelbert Humperdinck (no drugs, tobacco, alcohol, overindulgence in food) as a sort of role model, Elvis remains clean, and he lives very well past 1977, continuing to shape rock music.

John Lennon

Mark David Chapman has been known for having very severe mental issues, which caused him to use inspiration from "Catcher in the Rye" to go and murder John Lennon. Instead of murdering John Lennon, he seeks medical help from a psychiatrist, and he recovers from his very severe mental issues and does great things in life and society. Also, I have more people carrying guns in cities like New York, due to great pressure from opponents of gun control, including Joey Marcello, the same guy I have producing/managing Engelbert Humperdinck. The cities start repealing gun control laws in the late 1960s.

Marcello is also known for winning battles in numerous injustices, such as very severely mental people needing medical/psychiatric attention and corporal punishment to children and among spouses in the home. Joey Marcello starts these great efforts, and in the long run this prevents John Lennon's 1980 murder, and Lennon also continues to shape rock music.
Rino Gaetano in Italy passed too Young too. Best national singer. With his Il cielo è sempre più blu i Am always good, while listening to his Aida i don't know why i feel sad for the time had gone.