Debunking Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean

Harte

This thread is to debunk and debate the following discussion:
Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean | Paranormalis
I wonder what motives this guy dr doreal would have to fabricate the translation?
He's selling the book, still.
I'm sure that he would have been influenced by the "white lodge" if this is true but to what means?
He hoped it meant more book sales.
The "white lodge," aka the "great white brotherhood" is a collection of paranormal beings invented entirely from the mind of an old, dead, but still lying con artist - Madame Helena Blavatski.

To cover something else up? To point us in the wrong direction? I need to find that original translation.
There was never but one "emerald tablet" and it wasn't written on any stone.
The Emerald Tablet has 14 lines and three different translations are given on wiki.

You should probably read what Jason Colavita has to say about Doreal's version.

Harte

Last edited by a moderator:

Suraska

I personally believe that humanity is not is an era of "Great Discovery" as said of all the technological and medical advances of the past few decades, but an era of REDISCOVERY. Something happened, humanity fell into darkness and ignorance, and evidence of mindblowingly advanced prehistoric civilizations was deliberately destroyed or suppressed.

Harte

Well, it seems, at least, that we must have fallen into ignorance.

Harte

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I wonder what motives this guy dr doreal would have to fabricate the translation?
I'm sure that he would have been influenced by the "white lodge" if this is true but to what means?
He hoped it meant more book sales.
The "white lodge," aka the "great white brotherhood" is a collection of paranormal beings invented entirely from the mind of an old, dead, but still lying con artist - Madame Helena Blavatski.

To cover something else up? To point us in the wrong direction? I need to find that original translation.
There was never but one "emerald tablet" and it wasn't written on any stone.
The Emerald Tablet has 14 lines and three different translations are given on wiki.

You should probably read what Jason Colavita has to say about Doreal's version.

Harte

I have owned a copy of Dr Dorea's "The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean" and other writings by Dr Dorea. I have owned his books for over 40 + years. I personally think you have never read his inform. Or you are very miss-informed on the subject.

Dr Dorea is not personally selling books, the the man has been dead for over 40 or 50 years.

Last edited:

Harte

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth-The-Atlantean: Dr. M Doreal: 9781598582420: Amazon.com: Books

Blavatski, too, is dead. Yet stll lying: The Secret Doctrine: H.P. Blavatsky, Michael Gomes: 9781585427086: Amazon.com: Books
If you believe there were 13 Emerald Tablets, then it is you that is misinformed.

You provide for us an example of selecting what you want to believe and refusing to put in any effort at all to check whether or not your belief is factual in any way.
This is typical for fringe believers. They go on and on about the "truth," they claim they know (or want to know) the "truth," while simultaneously refusing to look at the truth.

Hopefully, you don't believe in the "White Brotherhood???"

Harte

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Can you please explain Harte, why you are so negative on this subject. I personally have not read any of the books by Dr. Dorea, in over 40 years, furthermore I do not remember the information other than, I remember reading some of his books, they're very short , 10 to 40 pages long as I remember.

Harte

Doreal has claimed to have been informed by a collection of paranormal beings on how to translate 13 emerald tablets that nobody has ever seen and that were unheard of, even in myth, prior to his claim to have translated them.

Meanwhile, there is a REAL translation that comes from established writings from the 6th Century BC.

In my opinion, when a paranormal site's patrons decide to discuss alchemical texts, such as Thoth's (or Hermes Trismegistus') tablet, then discussing the actual tablet would be more productive.

Of course, Doreal's fraudulent claims might well deserve a thorough discussuion as well, but the OP here has posted as if Doreal's "tablets" are Thoth's.
Since that claim is absolutely demonstrably false, it is my opinion that such a claim should be addressed in a thread about the claim, not a thread about an actual, ancient, alchemical paper.

As an aside, I would ask you to consider this - how many posters here even knew there was a real emerald tablet of Thoth?

How many posters here, assuming I hadn't chimed in, would think that Doreal's tablets were the tablets that were spoken of in antiquity?
You don't mean to argue for ignorance here, right?

You realize, I'm sure, that the field of alchemy has plenty of it's own paranormal claims. Is it necessary to make up more? Has all of alchemy been used up, that we need to fabricate some more to indulge in?

Not at this board, it hasn't. That's an extremely deep rabbit hole and in all my years here I've never seen it even approached.

By the way, my statements in this post about my motivations would be similar concerning any other subject here you think I'm "negative" about.

Harte.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Thank You for your comments on the 13 emerald tablets. Now I have more insight into the subject and why you feel so strong about Dr Dorea's research.

Last edited:

Harte

Thank you for asking Opmur.

I fear I'm about to be banned for providing an opposing view in a thread not tagged as "debate."

Look, I probably shouldn't say this, but if opposing views, or evidence that indicates someone's view is simply wrong, must appear in a seperate "debunk" thread, then how is a discussion to take place?

Wouldn't that result in every thread (except the debate threads) being filled with nothing but concurring viewpoints?
The example I always use is a room full of bobblehead dolls right after a small earthquake - everyone nodding at each other.

I know the rules of this site, they caused me to leave once before. I feel like I'm skating on thin ice when I point out that Doreal's are not the authentic emrald tablets. I posted that (and a couple of other facts at this site) anyway because I don't like the idea of people being utterly ignorant on a subject then reading a thread and thinking they learned something, when in fact are just still ignorant on the matter.

I understand that people don't like their ideas shot down by the light of reality. As an educator myself, I know that education is a painful process.

But I maintain that, if one wants to discuss the paranormal, it is important to cull out the provably false claims from the unexplained ones. That way, one is actually conversing on the subject, and not on the frauds.

However, this is not my site, and obviously the site owner can do things whatever way he wants. I fully understand the strictures placed on debate here - the site had only three or four regular posters not that long ago (I was one of them.) Traffic is important to any website, and if I run off all the fringies, traffic here would drop back down to unacceptable levels.

On the other hand, anyone that reads this thread now knows about the REAL "Emerald Tablet of Thoth" and I think that is a good thing for paranormal discussions.

Harte

Harte

I prefer this translation from Wiki. Note that there are only 14 lines:
  1. This is true and remote from all cover of falsehood
  2. Whatever is below is similar to that which is above. Through this the marvels of the work of one thing are procured and perfected.
  3. Also, as all things are made from one, by the [consideration] of one, so all things were made from this one, by conjunction.
  4. The father of it is the sun, the mother the moon. The wind bore it in the womb. Its nurse is the earth, the mother of all perfection.
  5. Its power is perfected. If it is turned into earth,
  6. Separate the earth from the fire, the subtle and thin from the crude and [coarse], prudently, with modesty and wisdom.
  7. This ascends from the earth into the sky and again descends from the sky to the earth, and receives the power and efficacy of things above and of things below.
  8. By this means you will acquire the glory of the whole world,
  9. And so you will drive away all shadows and blindness.
  10. For this by its fortitude snatches the palm from all other fortitude and power. For it is able to penetrate and subdue everything subtle and everything crude and hard.
  11. By this means the world was founded
  12. And hence the marvelous conjunctions of it and admirable effects, since this is the way by which these marvels may be brought about.
  13. And because of this they have called me Hermes Tristmegistus since I have the three parts of the wisdom and philosophy of the whole universe.
  14. My speech is finished which I have spoken concerning the solar work

So, what do you think? What do you make of this?

Do you think there is a chance that Thoth existed and produced these lines? Do you think that it's "Thoth's" by tradition among alchemists to simply call it that?

What about Doreal? Have you ever heard of Theosophy? Do you know any of the circumstances surrounding Mdme. Blavatski?

See how much there is? And we aren't even talking about alchemy here. Yet.

Harte

Last edited: