Emergency Gear

Num7

Administrator
Staff
What kind of emergency stuff do you have at home, or in the car?

What do you think about these things:
Privacy & Security

I especially like the small generators such as the manual one, or the pedal powered one. They're all about versatility and ease of use in any kind of scenario. The pedal powered generator generates an interesting amount of power, it's way interesting.

Do you have any kind of gadgets such as these?

TimeFlipper

Yep, i have an emergency fone charger that fits into my pocket...with a working fone you dont need anything else ::LOL:::D

TnWatchdog

I have two gas generators, both not working, as one has it's carburator screwed up and the other one needs repair from bouncing around in my truck after a sudden stop.
I do have a hand cranked flashlight and tons of candles so at least won't be in the dark.

label

Lets assume for a moment that you wake up and the world is ending... Would you really need to charge your phone because chances are the service provider would not work. I would rather invest in a "2 way radio" and a solar panel that can generate 12volts or better. But will you survive.

I am a very sickly dude i need medication and i cannot get my medication in bulk. So i will die... Sad but true i will not survive the coming of the zombies or any type of nightmarish reality. This is what you really need...

Water maker > water condenser system
FOOD > Long life foods (and a can opener) seeds for long term survival
Disinfectant > Anything that can clean a wound (tons of it) and books on (how to make your own)
Medical implements > Anything to stitch up a open wound and can remove tings like bullets (training is a good idea)

Basic electronics > Little radio, 2 way radio and 12Volt sun panel or crank system (crank system needs you to work and because it needs you to work it will eat your energy keep that in mind)

Fire starter kit > basically your metal and flint type deal but a few lighters will not hurt
Sleeping bag > if it gets cold your going to need one
Transport > Anything you know you can fix and doesn't need much fuel
clothing > Anything that is strong easy to clean

Guns > as many as you need and then add more hint knifes is long term solution so a sword of some kind.

Bunker > A place to call your own that you can defend and or hide in for days if not months... Compost toilets don't work... Just keep it in mind especially when you need to share it...

toilet paper > You can never have enough...

In a world ending event a GPS will be useless so rather get a good old map. Your tablet will be useless even with a offline map it still needs power... your new phone will not help much at all so rather invest in a AM transmitter.

But me i personally will not make it because my lungs are broken... so no point in me having all this stuff...

HDRKID

I have stockpiled what I think is necessary. Well, I do hope we avoid a nuclear war. Still, the deterioration of our nation is a gradual process. Here is what we mean. Look at the 60's versus now.

Freak Show

The world itself isn't going to completely end. it will be the world as you know it will. meaning, cell phones, internet, sports, electricity, water pumps. Things will go back to being as in the terms of living, like colonial times. So at that point think of things you will need to survive. Food, water, warm weather clothing, cold weather clothing, things for grooming yourself, including shaving, hair cutting, soap and water and something to wipe your butt with. You can have a gas generator, but when the supply runs out cause no one is making delivery's, then what. Or the gas in the tanks goes bad from sitting. We all know the 10% ethanol only makes things worse. Medical supply's. How many of you depend on your daily meds, and will your body continue to function without them. How many people do you know who need an oxygen machine, or are on dialysis. This of the sheer numbers of those who won't make it six months.. will be a big mess to clean up

Also remember, after about two weeks people will become dangerous. Those who aren't prepared will come looking. At first they will ask, next time they won't. I am telling you, even if you're not hip on having a gun, knife or some type of protection you had better get on board. And if you're not a good shot, either practice or buy plenty of ammo.

Last edited:

Negan

THE member
I used to be a survivalist, I still am but I'm not active in any online communities or actively buying new gear or practicing bushcraft / survivalism actively.

I have a ton of gear, some left over from my military days. (Backpacks, clothing, flashlights, ropes, misc. gear.) I have a ton of knives (ranging from cheap sub-50USD knives to expensive 200+ knives), axes, machetes, blankets, clothing, tarps, more rope, firearm optics (although I own no firearms since I'm in Europe), binoculars as well as monoculars, a couple of night vision products (a monocular and a Bushnell head set), rice (tons of the stuff), misc. food products such as canned items (some out of rotation and way past their dates), mylar bags for food products, I mean so much to list.

Medicine is something I've never been too good at stocking up on. I should probably get back into it all.

Freak Show

you should. not sure about in europe, but you can buy antibiotics they use for pet fish that are pretty much the same as for humans. my wife is a nurse, so we're stocked up good in that aspect of things.