Ever done it?

Have you ever tried to hoax, or considered doing it?

• Yeah, I do it all the time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did it once to see what would happen.

• I've considered it, but never tried.

• Never have, never will.

• Total voters

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Ever done it?

Have you ever attempted, or considered attempting a hoax? You'd think it'd be fairly easy to get away with it if you knew when to "pull out".

My brother and I did one a while back on Above Top Secret.com just to see if we could do it and it turned out alright. I honestly never understood the enjoyment of spending your time thinking of ways to be deceptive, but it was interesting to try.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Ever done it?

Reading about hoaxes is a thing. Making them is another. It can be entertaining to watch debunkers trying to scrap a hoax, but I don't think I need so much attention. I don't have time to lose on creating insane stories. It doesn't mean that I don't respect hoaxers. In fact, they must be very clever to create a story that lasts. They are a part of every forums :)

Never say never uh ? :p

Num7

gonzogirl

This talk of hoaxes makes me think about Yardstick....This person tried to pull a hoax on this forum ..oh about a year and a half ago and he was called out...But the attitude he had was real funloving and cool..Some hoaxters are not so cool and get all kinds of pissed when challenged..
I know that I am not "smart" enough to answer questions off the top of my head..So I could never pull it off..but I have thought about it..Titor is King of the Hoax game...

Chip Lewis

Hoaxers are the vilest of humanity! These folks are too dumb to realize that they are working against everybody who takes interest in the subject matter. Removing integrity from the research thereof, and validating those who refer to certain investigators as the "tin foil hat" people! They re-enforce the skeptics, and make fools out of otherwise legitimate people who have had experiences.

The bottom line is obstruction! Hoaxers obstruct the real evidence!

No offence Webnower!

gonzogirl

Chip said:
Hoaxers are the vilest of humanity! These folks are too dumb to realize that they are working against everybody who takes interest in the subject matter. Removing integrity from the research thereof, and validating those who refer to certain investigators as the "tin foil hat" people! They re-enforce the skeptics, and make fools out of otherwise legitimate people who have had experiences.

The bottom line is obstruction! Hoaxers obstruct the real evidence!

No offence Webnower!

Wow..Great point and one I will be thinking about..
I guess I just assume that all TTs are a hoax because..wouldnt some scientists have come out and proven at least some of it to be true?
Scientifically I mean? Or....
Lotto numbers? Anything.....

Harte

gonzogirl said:
This talk of hoaxes makes me think about Yardstick....This person tried to pull a hoax on this forum ..oh about a year and a half ago and he was called out...But the attitude he had was real funloving and cool..Some hoaxters are not so cool and get all kinds of pissed when challenged..
Yardstick wished death on my children. I put him on ignore. If he comes back here, back on ignore he goes.

I get enough grief at the house. I don't need it from some punk idiot online.

Harte

gonzogirl

Harte said:
Yardstick wished death on my children. I put him on ignore. If he comes back here, back on ignore he goes.

I get enough grief at the house. I don't need it from some punk idiot online.

Harte

Holy Crap. He prolly should have been banned at least for a while..if not for good. That kind of junk just crosses the line. :( Sounds like Maggot......remember him?..The cage fighter!

Chip Lewis

gonzogirl said:
Holy Crap. He prolly should have been banned at least for a while..if not for good. That kind of junk just crosses the line. :(
Yes, as I recall, I banned him on several occasions. Entertaining as he may be, he was somewhat of a trouble maker...

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Ha, no offense taken! It was just an experiment to see how it all worked from the "other side". I've been on the receiving end of a hoax more times than I can count when TTF was around and it's annoying as hell.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

We've seen so many hoaxes over the years that when someone comes with new stuff, no one want to believe him.

It at least makes some interesting discussions. :)

Num7