Debate Experimentation

Phil Wainwright

Well, the 10MHz oscillator is all together and running now. Isn't it mad how I can buy a full component set including components for less than I would spend on components alone without a case or PCB?

Anyhow that is done. I have printed a case for the (now) water cooled resonator.

The coils are all assembled, water path completed apart from the pump. I hope to use a high pressure fuel pump to run the cooling water. I can get one cheap from a scrap-yard :)

Completed all half of the connection wiring, Two screened RCA leads running 50ohm TG59 coax. These are for syncing timing pulses and allowing a range of waveforms to be offset by degrees. This means that I can rotate fields based on angles :) and by changing mark-space ratios and the combination of base and modulation frequencies, I should be able to produce contra-rotating magnetic fields. :D

The other leads completed today were the main RF power-leads... At least when I complete the hardware, I can connect it together.... (not confusing priorities, I just sometimes am waiting for components, so I will make the bits out of what I have in stock....)

In the middle of this, I have just taken on new offices today.... quadrupled the square footage of my office. I hope to get moved in to the new place over the Christmas holidays :D

Anyhow, more news when the next bits are done......

Phil Wainwright

First of all happy new year .
All the components are here Assembly will be starting next week :)

Tis all rather cool.

I am not back in my office until Monday. Not that I am a lazy sod, Tis that being based on a university campus, I have to follow term times to a degree :D

I have had contact from another Brit who has offered to fund some of the experiments :)

The chap has been reading my posts on here.

I have just moved into larger facilities at the uni :) so more room to work and develop stuff.....

I will post some pictures of the new office later today....

Phil Wainwright

Hi Phil,

Are you a Ham, "Ham Radio Person" ?
Not exactly HAM...... I was initially trained as a Radio Officer in the Merchant Navy...... I guess it is my constant ramblings about frequencies that maybe gave away my radio background? :D

At the same time, office1.jpgoffice2.jpg
By the way, the above photos are my new office.... Only been officially in for a day, and it already looks like a bomb site :D

A lot of what is on the workbench at the minute is frequency based equipment being assembled.

The tests of all of that should begin soon, along with the pics of the completed test rigs :D

Phil Wainwright

Just a quick further post....

First power up of the frequency generator. :D

This was done with a direct connection between my frequency generator and the scope. I have not had time to play with the lc network in the generator to give me a smooth squarewave, that comes next. The sine and triangular waveforms are ok. I guess I may just need to tune the harmonics out (or in, depending on my needs). waveform1.jpg

Tron1

how about a filament printer
double quartz antenna connected together by antenna
you need to bend time and space so how about this I waste my money on a portal that bends the fabric of it and I will send it to you. I got to build it first

Phil Wainwright

Well, before any rushing in to build stuff..... (other than the stuff I am rushing to build), how about we first work out what happens with the coils and power sources that are currently being assembled? We may find that we have other options...... for example:-

we know that three phase electricity in effect produces a a field that has a rotating force. This must be true, as the rotor of the motor turns..... so maybe we can create the same effect.

Now it is interesting that you mentioned quartz. Crystalline structure... so how about we change quartz for a piezoelectric crystal. We may find that the magnetic field will create potential across the crystal. And where there is a potential and a conductor (either the crystal as a semiconductor or surround the piezo with a copper winding). This would allow us the ability to introduce a third field direction within the coils at a very minimal cost.

I think before anything is rushed into, we need to simply find out what the kit does in it's current form (or what WILL be it's current form once assembled) before we look at introducing other variables.

Does that make sense? Bearing in mind, that I will be using piezoelectric crystals for another project, and will have the ability to create them to order in the workshop in the next few days......

Phil Wainwright

And you mentioned the filament printer....... Well, in the second picture shown above, you will see my little Replicator 3d printer (that is the wooden one next to the black paper printer......)

Poor thing, I do not think it has stopped for more than an hour in the last two months :D

ConvergancePoint

I k ow this is ancient and dusty history, and perhaps this makes me a "post" archeologist, but whatever happened to this guy? Where did his experimentatioon lead him?