Extremist groups celebrate hitler's b-day!

Crosstika

Extremist groups celebrate hitler's b-day!

Extremist groups plan to celebrate hitler's birthday! Wonder if the "minute" men are invited?

Crosstika

Re: Extremist groups celebrate hitler's b-day!

Thu Apr-07-05 02:19 PM
Original message
Extremist Groups Plan Actions to Commemorate Hitler's Birthday, Says Anti-

NEW YORK, April 7 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Extremist groups in the United States are planning events and heightened activity through the month of April, especially during the period of April 15 through April 24, at a time when they traditionally commemorate the birthday of Adolf Hitler. The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), which monitors the activities of white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups, has noted the plans for stepped-up activity by national groups such as the neo-Nazi National Alliance and local chapters of the Ku Klux Klan. Hitler's birthday falls on April 20, which also coincides with the Columbine shootings and other recent American tragedies. This year, April 19 marks the 10th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.

"While we are always concerned when racist groups threaten to step up their activities, the month of April is of special concern because it not only marks Hitler's birthday, but marks the anniversaries of a number of recent American tragedies, including the Branch Davidian standoff, the Columbine school shootings and the Oklahoma City bombing," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. "The anti-government extremists and white supremacists in the past have used Hitler's birthday to make threats, and to sometimes act out violently."

Among the events planned by white supremacists groups:

-- The National Alliance, a virulently anti-Semitic and racist group, is planning a nationwide literature distribution drive in April. The West Virginia-based organization, which has local units across the country, is encouraging its members and supporters to distribute copies an anti-Semitic flier with the headline "Support Our Troops." The flier demands that the United States government bring home all of the troops in Iraq and station them on the Mexican border to keep Third World immigrants out of the country. The flier blames "powerful Jewish lobbyists and advisors" for creating the war in Iraq as a way of protecting Israel.

-- The National Knights of the KKK will celebrate the birthdays of both Hitler and Klan leader Ray Larsen with an April 16 event in Osceola, Indiana.

-- The Northern Hammerskins will hold its annual hate music concert in Detroit, on April 23, dubbed the "6th Annual Adolf Hitler Birthday Bash."

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=45511

StarLord

Even though I am a peace loving man, I can think of no better place to test limited tatical 100mm nuclear shells than on a festive occasion such as this.

Darkwolf

Hey, free speech is free speech, no matter what the S(*tbags are saying.

StarLord

The nazi's gave up their chance for free speech when they decided to snuff millions of Jews. The new peices of crap that have sprung up here in the states are embarassing. Any person that chooses to set another race, creed, life style or religon below themself to the point of denying them the very same priviledges all of us enjoy pretty much declares the fact that they are the subhumans to be eradicated.

Darkwolf

While I would love to agree with you Starlord, I can't. Free speech as gurenteed in our constitution means free speech. You have the right to be a Nazi, Communist, white supremicist, black supremicist, or purple supremicist, and state your views as loud and proud as you like. I don't like these people speaking their minds, but the minute somone supresses them, they can likewise surpress us for our out of mainstream views. I would rather hear Nazi crap twelve hours a day than let that happen. I have enough faith in the american people that I think that they can be exposed to that without having it catch on in a big way.

CaryP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
While I would love to agree with you Starlord, I can't. Free speech as gurenteed in our constitution means free speech. You have the right to be a Nazi, Communist, white supremicist, black supremicist, or purple supremicist, and state your views as loud and proud as you like. I don't like these people speaking their minds, but the minute somone supresses them, they can likewise surpress us for our out of mainstream views. I would rather hear Nazi crap twelve hours a day than let that happen. I have enough faith in the american people that I think that they can be exposed to that without having it catch on in a big way.[/b]

I got to agree with Darkwolf here. A nation of laws applied equally to all, rather than selectively is the way it's supposed to work. Hey Phil. When did we become mainstream? LOL I thought we were kinda fringe-ish.

Cary

StarLord

I am not talking about taking their free speech away from them, let them proudly proclaim their beliefs from Greenland.

Judge Bean

Yet another thread of no moment, full of sound and fury by its founder (and signifying nothing), and of any interest only on account of the contributions of others discussing things in a civilized manner.

When do we blow the whistle on Crosstika's abrasive careening through the forum?

KiraSjon

My Dear Sir Paul,

The whistle has been blown. We're on it ;)

However, I believe most of the mods are leaving the threads open for debate/discussion should y'all desire :grin: