F = 1/T -- Observing The vibrations of a guitar string. Determine the frequency of oscillations, & Determining the frequency of oscillations.

Harte

The conversation started immediately from the OP, and was on my favourite topic of Time-Travel and a Time-Machine, but how the hell does a vibrating Guitar String fit into time travel and time machines? :unsure: :D..
I agree.
I've only ever heard of them weeping.

Wait...

Threads like these make me want to cry!
SYNCHRONICITY!!

Harte

TimeFlipper

Noah_A_S

I think all of us, including myself and the OP, has overlooked this thread title, F=1/T Observing the vibrations of a "Guitar String"..Determine the frequency of oscillations, & determining the frequency of oscilations...

The conversation started immediately from the OP, and was on my favourite topic of Time-Travel and a Time-Machine, but how the hell does a vibrating Guitar String fit into time travel and time machines? :unsure: :D..

It seems the OP might have broken Paranormalis rules (off topic) by NOT mentioning anything about the guitar string and posts stuff about time travel, unless of course the vibrating guitar string has some esoteric purpose and concomitant resonance :LOL: :whistle:..

Please dont take me seriously over what i have posted, it was just a fun way of mine for bringing up the missing guitar string :LOL:, although strangely enough, both the D strings on my 12 string guitar (one of them is a standard D string, the other is a standard B string tuned upto D) went missing last week!!...Synchronicity perhaps?? :eek: :cool:..

The guitar string is mentioned in the link I posted. Sorry for the late reply.

Noah_A_S

Threads like these make me want to cry!
SYNCHRONICITY!!
I'm sorry about that, hah. It was an accident - It was really mentioned in the link I posted though, although in the next thread I make I will try more carefully next time.

Noah_A_S

guitar string and guitar body is a good analogy for scalar wave vibrations.
electrons = strings
nuclei = guitar
I mean I sort of posted the long mathematical breakdown without reading it so I'm at fault if I don't know if this is or isn't truly a good analogy or not. but I guess so. sure.

NaturalPhilosopher

the guitar is an atom
scalar waves are from nuclear oscillation(the guitar frame) from any thermodynamic energy.
mechanical, electrical, heat, photonic, etc

nucleus oscillates a tiny bit...termed 'nuclear recoil' in physics papers.
problem is the recoil they say is from the electron orbitals changing due to atom-atom collisions in materials. Which is true but the recoil starts exact same time as the electron orbital oscillations, no propagation delay. Means the nucleus moves instantly soon as the orbitals do. What causes that?

Protons are 2000x the size of an electron, their oscillation is highly dampened. Problem is...no propagation delay and NO photon emanated.
protons are charged particles, they HAVE to emit a photon if the oscillate. They don't.

So are they absorbing and emitting something else?

Last edited: