Facelessman /Crypid footage on YouTube

Peregrini

My questions were more of a hypothetical/ rhetorical nature. They could only be answered if this man allows himself to be interviewed and examined medically and allow that info to be posted for all to see. Not a likely occurrence. He reaction to the camera in each video makes me suspect it is staged and not a random encounter.

PlanetGreg

The first thing I thought when I watched the first video is 'VOLDEMORT IS REAL! There goes my five bucks.'

After the initial reaction, I immediately felt guilty. He looks like an ordinary guy who's possibly been through recent trauma that's resulted in him losing the lower half of his mouth. I mean, it's not significantly unusual to find a disfigured person, not with all sort of accidents that can happen these days. I saw a woman on TV once that lost her mouth and one ear in an acid attack and she looked almost exactly like this man, though with a large amount of swelling in the chin area.

The title of this thread reminded me of a legend, though, of a faceless man who steals your souls and lives in shadows. I'm not quite sure where the legend stems from, but perhaps you've heard of him? He's called a Shadowman, or a Tallman in some parts of the world (the latter because some people say that he's unnaturally tall and slim, too). Anyway, the man in the video doesn't look like that, though, and I don't think he's an alien. Would an alien really walk around on Earth without bothering to disguise itself? And if it's intelligent enough to procure Earth clothing so as not to stand out, why not something that can cover its unusual face, as well?

Either way, Crethox's is right; these videos are probably a hoax, unless proven otherwise.

Yeah... I hear you... its interesting though; these videos have a certain... mystery... I'm more fascinated with them than I should be really. This faceless man seems... sad to me... I feel protective. I should probably get outside more!

PlanetGreg

So true. I've actually seen first-hand when a teenage boy whipped out his iPhone and took a video of an old man tripping over a curb and spilling his shopping bags. It was positively disturbing. I kind of just gave him a dirty look and helped the old man out, but it bothers me that these things actually happen.

Anyway, regarding the video you posted, it's interesting to me that the faceless man actually stares at the guy taking a video of him as opposed to reacting to it, whether angrily or otherwise. If it were me, and it did indeed bother me to be taped, I'd probably try to punch the guy's face. However, his lack of a reaction makes me suspect that he doesn't actually mind (and in fact, probably wants, to be caught on camera). Smells fishy. On that note, though, is it really considered 'bullying' if the person being hounded for a video doesn't actually mind it?

YES! That is a horrible story by the way -- cannot believe thats the kind of world we live in nowadays. I have a theory though surrounding cell-phone cameras... why are they hustled so much? I mean 10 years ago, one guy in the neighbourhood would own a video camera. Now every human being, whether on a cell phone, an mp3 player, a tablet, a laptop... has a camera on them at all times. Why? 25 years ago we only ever needed to take pictures of family events and suddenly we now should be documenting our entire lives?

Don't get it -- I have half a mind to think that this influx of "consumer cameras" is not really meant for our entertainment. Its meant as disguised surveillance. Think about the Vancouver riots that happened a few months ago... everybody whipped out the cell phones "for fun" and eventually started turning the footage over the police. Thats actually a GOOD thing mind you -- but think about the COMPLETE loss of privacy we now have. Anywhere you go there is a camera, anything you do could possibly wind up on youtube...

I can't help but think of the word "Big Brother" when the little green light next to the tiny camera built into my laptop screen activates...

Which leads me to this facelessman... I don't know whether or not he's in favour of being filmed; I don't get the impression he is -- perhaps he is just very patient. Maybe he's used to people rudely trying to record him in public... he'll only attack if pushed too far...? Seems sad to me, like I wrote above.

kurisu

What kind of strikes me odd is both persons posting the videos on youtube made an account recently. Besides that, both videos are short, filming the ground and apparently incidently they both catch the "faceless" man on film....?

Based on what I said I think this was staged, until proven otherwise :ROFLMAO:

I downloaded the video and, got it in the highest resolution then, slowed it down frame by frame manually so it wouldnt blur then, went over the first video with a doctor they said most likely scare tissue however since it does look smooth and, normal he probably also had some sort of laser surgery on top of it the second video looked fake so i didn't take the time to investigate it and, the third showed almost a 'hidden' camera view but, yet the guy starts off looking at the camera which tells me it was staged

Talraven

YES! That is a horrible story by the way -- cannot believe thats the kind of world we live in nowadays. I have a theory though surrounding cell-phone cameras... why are they hustled so much? I mean 10 years ago, one guy in the neighbourhood would own a video camera. Now every human being, whether on a cell phone, an mp3 player, a tablet, a laptop... has a camera on them at all times. Why? 25 years ago we only ever needed to take pictures of family events and suddenly we now should be documenting our entire lives?

Don't get it -- I have half a mind to think that this influx of "consumer cameras" is not really meant for our entertainment. Its meant as disguised surveillance. Think about the Vancouver riots that happened a few months ago... everybody whipped out the cell phones "for fun" and eventually started turning the footage over the police. Thats actually a GOOD thing mind you -- but think about the COMPLETE loss of privacy we now have. Anywhere you go there is a camera, anything you do could possibly wind up on youtube...

I can't help but think of the word "Big Brother" when the little green light next to the tiny camera built into my laptop screen activates...

Which leads me to this facelessman... I don't know whether or not he's in favour of being filmed; I don't get the impression he is -- perhaps he is just very patient. Maybe he's used to people rudely trying to record him in public... he'll only attack if pushed too far...? Seems sad to me, like I wrote above.

Good point on how everyone 'needs' a camera on every electrical, mobile device they own. I think people have always had the hidden desire to leave something behind, you know, to be remembered by. And once upon a time, this was mostly for the benefit of your own family, but since everything's become so 'convenient', we've begun to abuse it and turned everything in our lives into some sort of reality show drama. It's merely a misfortune for them that others are inadvertently caught in the crossfire.

As for Big Brother, I hear you, man... I mean, do we really know who exactly is watching us? Especially in videos uploaded by others in which we don't even know we've been caught in. As insignificant as it may seem, it does sound a lot like sly, manipulative surveillance. The fact that most people just think that's the words of a paranoid person just makes it so much easier to be done. Also, I've heard rumours that some laptops' webcams are constantly or at least sometimes, recording you without you being aware of it. In fact, there was some hubbub about a website that was specifically channeling webcams being used online and the people using them weren't even aware they were being watched by a third party! Creepy. Makes me glad I never use mine...

True. I think it's sad, too, a little, especially if it's something real and happening.

Crethox

Just letting you know I searched a bit around on another forum where they discuss these videos also. One point I found interesting was someone mentioned it could be some sort of advertisement for an upcoming movie called ""Intruders". If you would look at the trailer (which I did), you will see someone see losing her face.

Computerbug

The first thing I thought when I watched the first video is 'VOLDEMORT IS REAL! There The title of this thread reminded me of a legend, though, of a faceless man who steals your souls and lives in shadows. I'm not quite sure where the legend stems from, but perhaps you've heard of him? He's called a Shadowman, or a Tallman in some parts of the world (the latter because some people say that he's unnaturally tall and slim, too).
You're thinking of "slenderman" which has always been known as a fake since i wasn't even a secret that the pic that started the legend was for a photoshop contest.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
A new video!

I find it amazing how one guy can somehow encounter the same person (who is being portrayed as someone who would prefer to avoid contact with others) in a city that large on such a frequent basis.

They should have just done it once and left people to wonder.