Fasting and spirituality, and it's benefits!

Tree11551

Hello so, i was curious as to what someone thinks about fasting in general, i hear alot how it will accelerate or give out spiritual gains, is any of that true? and how will it serve me spiritually, will it help me Astral project, learn to meditate more efficiently, and how Deep will i get in meditation with fasting? i came accross a reddit post and basicly this guy is going on about the benefits of it, Basicly what i'm asking is, if we ignore the hunger aspect of it, how good would you think Fasting is of a method to help in meditation? and Psychic abilities.

BlastTyrant

I would imagine it wouldn't really do that much, proper food nourishes you in more ways than just hunger. I can imagine trying to meditate with a growling tummy lol

Meditation, doing good things, and releasing hate and anger and all of those negative emotions we hold onto is the best bet. The better of a person YOU are the brighter more effective your aura is, be at peace with your self and your surroundings, the more you wake up the better your third eye will be, practice small forums of meditation, eat healthy! do yoga and just overall be at peace the more at peace you are the less distractions you'll have.

In short, nah i don't think it would make a difference unless you're trying to lose weight or about to go on a spiritual trip.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Actually research into fasting has shown that it may help slow certain cancers

When you fast, it reduces glucose in the blood. Glucose is your blood sugar. Our normal cells and cancer cells are dependent on blood sugar for sustenance

So in a way you're starving cancer cells and slowing down their growth and spread

8thsinner

There are many methods for accelerating abilities, fasting is a damn good start if you do nothing else but fast and meditate.
At the very least intermittent fasting.
Maximum potential comes from a balance perspective. Get rid of all the toxins in you, don't add more new ones, keep your glands flowing and hormones balanced and the rest will show up very soon, unless there are energetic issues at play, they can take some time to work through.
You wanna super charge things on top of fasting, add sungazing, gamma wave induction, polyphasic sleep/meditation cycles for epsilon meditations and dark room therapy...
You will probably regret it though, theres no place for that kind of superhuman capacity if you have to live in this world. So its really a choice between living in a cave or not.
It might sound cool having telepathy until you hear how much hatred is going on in peoples heads, or seeing through walls until you can no longer see solid things, or even seeing reality for what it really is but I have too many friends that are constantly verging on insanity from that kind of development. You think it's bad seeing ghosts and the dead...thats only the start, there are more beings hiding here than you can imagine and there is a point where you can't undo that development. Choose very carefully.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm the party pooper. I'm hypoglycemic. I have to maintain an eating schedule or my blood sugar drops and I shake, get headaches, sweat, vomit, etc. I can't do any of this fasting stuff, unfortunately. I have very specific times I have to eat. Eating very large meals would fix it, but that's not good for you and who has time to cook in the morning and afternoon? I don't. I graze. So......I guess my participation in this conversation is moot. LOL. I can't even meditate. I walk in the woods instead.

8thsinner

I'm the party pooper. I'm hypoglycemic. I have to maintain an eating schedule or my blood sugar drops and I shake, get headaches, sweat, vomit, etc. I can't do any of this fasting stuff, unfortunately. I have very specific times I have to eat. Eating very large meals would fix it, but that's not good for you and who has time to cook in the morning and afternoon? I don't. I graze. So......I guess my participation in this conversation is moot. LOL. I can't even meditate. I walk in the woods instead.
Meditation doesn't have to be sitting like a statue, it's a state of mind characterized by a specific brainwave frequency oscillation, you can get there many ways from breathing, painting, and more but walking in the woods is a good one, especially barefoot.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Meditation doesn't have to be sitting like a statue, it's a state of mind characterized by a specific brainwave frequency oscillation, you can get there many ways from breathing, painting, and more but walking in the woods is a good one, especially barefoot.

Ouch. Not walking barefoot in my woods! But I do see your point.