Favorite Classical Works

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
This thread is dedicated to Paranormalis members' favorite works in the Classical genre. Being a big fan of classical music for obvious reasons, I have lots of favorite pieces of Classical music, too many that I don't have a single favorite. But here's one of them:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Another one I like...Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Greensleeves performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Nice piece, although I don't think Greensleeves is by Mozart, and this recording I don't think is by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that tune was around long before Mozart, dating back to the Renaissance. And I doubt that recording was by Lynyrd Skynyrd, because Lynyrd Skynyrd is a rock band, and I would think they'd play that piece with rock instrumentation.

TnWatchdog

Another one I like...Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Greensleeves performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Nice piece, although I don't think Greensleeves is by Mozart, and this recording I don't think is by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that tune was around long before Mozart, dating back to the Renaissance. And I doubt that recording was by Lynyrd Skynyrd, because Lynyrd Skynyrd is a rock band, and I would think they'd play that piece with rock instrumentation.
I have that CD by Lynyrd Skynyrd...at the time I was so surprised they did a Christmas CD I bought it. It is a good one. I see the song was written prior to Mozart. I have a classical CD where he has done this song...thus my confusion...but Lynyrd Skynyrd does rock Christmas.

TimeFlipper

This is my favorite...Ludwig van Beethoven's piano solo Für Elise.
Damn it Dawg i was gonna post this tune :D..
Ah well, i will continue with another Hooked On Classical, this time a march selection...I was strutting around my garden with a piece of wood over my shoulder to simulate a rifle, much to the delight of both my neighbours, for the duration of the marches :LOL:..
@Classicalfan626 certainly knows his music Dawg! (y) :)