Flat-Earth

TimeFlipper

Iam very relieved to know that if i do decide to go on a boat cruising holiday for a month, that i wont fall off the edge of the world when i get to it...The comments on this Flat Earth thread has really eased my mind, i think :unsure: :LOL:..

I simply can not keep up with this thread as much as I'd like to...Plus I feel like the thread moved to the moon landing being faked but this topic always gets mentioned in flat earth so it's probably unavoidable.

Anyways @nickrulercreator again I appreciate the responses....Question I have is I thought the van allen belt was stronger in FL where the shuttles took off? I've heard people make arguments that it would have made more sense for the space missions to leave at either of the poles (for health reasons) instead of Florida for a safer "less radiant" trip? What are your thoughts on this theory? I have no clue if it's true but seen it brought up a lot.
BTW do you have a scientific background ? Just curious...thanks

Cirrus

Why keep the tapes at all, then? Why not immediately destroy them, rather than wait 10 years? Hell, why even make them in the first place if you're going to put stuff on there that no one can see ever?

Because "reasons" :LOL:.

I have utterly no backing for this claim, but, I'm just taking it from a logic, political, and intelligence perspective. You wouldn't destroy the HD tapes if there was something on there that you didn't want the world to see. You keep the tapes and hide them. Then, you come up with a reason that people of the time might "believe". Most people didn't know shit about how much the magnetic tapes costs or NASA's funding at the time. But most people knew that the missions were expensive. If you tell the people that the federal government is saving costs by recording over the HD tapes while keeping a copy under a lesser resolution, people at that time likely would not care. If you tried that same argument now, however, it wouldn't work due to the proliferation and ease of access of information.

So, with regard to the tapes there's really three options for "the truth":

1. NASA cut costs by recording over the HD tapes.
2. There was something found on the HD tapes that the US didn't want the rest of the world to see.
3. The moon landing never happened and you could see the wires on the HD tapes.

I lean to the side of the moon landing happened, but I'm not so sure about the recording over of the HD tapes. If you're already spending a shit-ton to get to the moon, then what's another few bucks to use brand new magnetic film for future missions.

TimeFlipper

I simply can not keep up with this thread as much as I'd like to...Plus I feel like the thread moved to the moon landing being faked but this topic always gets mentioned in flat earth so it's probably unavoidable.

Anyways @nickrulercreator again I appreciate the responses....Question I have is I thought the van allen belt was stronger in FL where the shuttles took off? I've heard people make arguments that it would have made more sense for the space missions to leave at either of the poles (for health reasons) instead of Florida for a safer "less radiant" trip? What are your thoughts on this theory? I have no clue if it's true but seen it brought up a lot.

I thought it was about time i brought the topic of the flat earth back again, but of course you are completely right that conversations would drift off into faked moon landings :D...

By the way, the amount of "power" (Watts) emitted from all radiation and including obviously electromagnetic energy from our Sun, is roughly about, 3.86 x 10 to the power of 26 Watts per meter!! :eek:..so add 26 zero`s to the end of that 26, and you have what is an unimaginable amount of energy coming from our Sun!!!!...And yet we are supposed to believe that a tiny thickness of aluminium will protect people leaving our atmosphere.....:ROFLMAO:.

I forgot to mention, that a tiny tiny fraction of that massive energy actually hits us on the Earth...Damn it, i apologise, i drifted off topic!!...

nickrulercreator

I think you're thinking of the South Atlantic Anomaly. I've never heard that "pole" argument, though. Launching at the poles would have effects on the orbit that most people don't want. Mainly, rather than orbiting West-East, it would be much more North-South/South-North, which is really only used for Earth-observation, weather, and reconnaissance satellites.

Apollo didn't really stay long in this area, as it only made one orbit around Earth before heading off. It also headed off facing North, rather than south, so it went around the SAA.

I don't have a degree in science, yet, but yes I study science.

nickrulercreator

Because "reasons" :LOL:.

I have utterly no backing for this claim, but, I'm just taking it from a logic, political, and intelligence perspective. You wouldn't destroy the HD tapes if there was something on there that you didn't want the world to see. You keep the tapes and hide them. Then, you come up with a reason that people of the time might "believe". Most people didn't know shit about how much the magnetic tapes costs or NASA's funding at the time. But most people knew that the missions were expensive. If you tell the people that the federal government is saving costs by recording over the HD tapes while keeping a copy under a lesser resolution, people at that time likely would not care. If you tried that same argument now, however, it wouldn't work due to the proliferation and ease of access of information

I still don't understand why it wouldn't be easier to just get rid of the tapes right away, or not make them. Why would the government want to keep the tapes if there's something on them that could expose a gigantic secret?

So, with regard to the tapes there's really three options for "the truth":

1. NASA cut costs by recording over the HD tapes.
2. There was something found on the HD tapes that the US didn't want the rest of the world to see.
3. The moon landing never happened and you could see the wires on the HD tapes.

I lean to the side of the moon landing happened, but I'm not so sure about the recording over of the HD tapes. If you're already spending a shit-ton to get to the moon, then what's another few bucks to use brand new magnetic film for future missions.

It wasn't only costs that led to recording-over of the tapes. NASA had been doing that for a while, and they claim that the Apollo tapes got mixed in with the others.

I can see where you're coming from and how this looks fishy, but I just don't understand what purpose making those tapes would have.

Cirrus

I still don't understand why it wouldn't be easier to just get rid of the tapes right away, or not make them. Why would the government want to keep the tapes if there's something on them that could expose a gigantic secret?

Because there are lots of big gigantic secrets that most people know nothing about (or really don't about). Plus you keep the tapes for evidence of the secret so that you can better study it (in secret of course). If someone tries to expose the secret, you discredit them or do worse things if necessary. Secrets hold power that can be used to manipulate or bargain on a worldwide stage.

TimeFlipper

@Cirrus Can you honestly believe that the recordings of what would be THE most momentous awe-inspiring occasion EVER in the history of scientific achievements, had been recorded over and then got mixed up with "other" non related tapes, its simply beyond all logical belief!!...:ROFLMAO:...And its great that you brought it up :)..

There were supposed to be 48 tapes in all, but NASA said 24 of them went missing...The other 24 tapes were apparently found in some university basement in the UK!!...:LOL:..Of course those HD tapes were tampered with, but obviously not that good!! :D...

Last edited: