Flat-Earth

TimeFlipper

How big were the windows? Were any ever directly facing the sun for long periods of time? How thick was the glass of the windows? What type of glass were the windows made of? Were the windows polarized? Was there every any cover over the windows? How much radiation should be coming through the windows? How much of each type of radiation would be hitting the craft? Is it more that the windows would heat up the CSM/LM, or could it be more deadly? Can you provide me any of this information or are you pulling things out of your ass?

3 days is not a long time. To get enough radiation from the VARBs for it to be deadly, you need to be in the most intense areas with minimal shielding for several weeks. More than minimal shielding, or time outside the most intense areas, and you need longer time. How much DEADLY radiation was hitting the spacecraft on the way to the Moon from the Sun? Not just microwaves, infrared, etc, as those aren't deadly unless in huge numbers. How much UV, X-ray, and Gamma radiation?

Also "I think 3 days is a sufficient amount of time" doesn't cut it. You can think whatever, that doesn't constitute anything. The windows wouldn't be pouring in a massive amount of radiation, because the radiation wasn't "massive," and the windows we know nothing about (answer the questions above).

Never got the video, but I know what you're talking about. This video is a VERY common one used by hoax believers, and it is ALWAYS taken out of context and cherry picked. If you wanted to actually know what he's saying, here goes (not his words but my summary):

With newer technology such as the Orion spacecraft being developed, and longer missions than Apollo being planned, shielding will need to be developed to protect astronauts from radiation in space. Smith talks about the "deadly radiation" in the VARBs because it is deadly... when exposed for long periods of time, like the missions Orion will take, with no shielding. The shielding he mentioned that will need to protect astronauts is being developed for Orion. Missions for Orion will spend longer in space, and in the VARBs, than Apollo ever did. This means better shielding will be necessary to protect the astronauts and the capsule's electronics. That's another thing: the electronics today are far more sensitive to radiation than they were 50 years ago. Today, heavier shielding is needed to keep radiation from messing up the computers on board.

So, TL;DR: He's talking about Orion missions, which plan to spend more time in the belts/space than Apollo ever did. He never said it's impossible, but without shielding, astronauts would be toast.

Guess what, though! Orion has already been tested on Exploration Flight Test 1. They found that levels in the belts for the mission got to be around the amount received in a mammogram. That's for an unmanned spacecraft that stayed in the belts for a long (longer than Apollo) period of time. NASA even says that one thing they will learn (written before EFT-1) is how radiation effects the craft. Here's another paper with the results of the test. This is a powerpoint by NASA showing how they're going to monitor and shield radiation.

You haven't provided any evidence to make me question or deny the official story. I respect your opinion as well, but when debating, don't try to claim it as fact without any evidence to support it.

You don't... actually believe this is a real Apollo clip, do you? I mean, even the creators have said it's faked for entertainment purposes.

I did say that i wasnt going to bother replying to you again, but seeing as you gave me the best laugh of the day in your final comment on here, i just had to make one more reply!!! :ROFLMAO:

OF COURSE its an entertainment video, thats why i posted it, and as for believing in what NASA has to say, after creating the biggest hoaxes ever in history, i would sooner believe a psychotic compulsive liar more than them! :LOL:...

Have fun and please keep on posting, but i wont be replying...You are a believer in denial :rolleyes:, but you have the right to your own opinions on Paranormalis....Iam definitely off this thread as of now :cool::D...

Last edited:

nickrulercreator

I did say that i wasnt going to bother replying to you again, but seeing as you gave me the best laugh of the day in your final comment on here, i just had to make one more reply!!! :ROFLMAO:

OF COURSE its an entertainment video, thats why i posted it, and as for believing in what NASA has to say, after creating the biggest hoaxes ever in history, i would sooner believe a psychotic compulsive liar more than them! :LOL:...

Have fun and please keep on posting, but i wont be replying...You are a believer in denial :rolleyes:, but you have the right to your own opinions on Paranormalis....Iam definitely off this thread as of now :cool::D...

How was I supposed to know if you knew it was legit or not? I've gotten people sending it to me thinking it was real.

Also, you haven't proven NASA has created the biggest hoaxes in history.

And yeah, I'm a believer in denial, despite the overwhelming evidence supporting my side. Good luck.