Flat-Earth

nickrulercreator

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. And you can show a human the evidence but you cant make them think.

That's been explained as well, many times:

You're only recycling already debunked claims. These claims have been proven wrong thousands of times.

titorite

Why tell people that we recorded over the moon landing then? Why even do that to save space? Biggest technological achievement ever and we tape over all the evidence because magnetic tape is expensive.... yeah thats logical NOT

nickrulercreator

Why tell people that we recorded over the moon landing then? Why even do that to save space? Biggest technological achievement ever and we tape over all the evidence because magnetic tape is expensive.... yeah thats logical NOT

Because we did record over the first moon landing, the high-definition copy of it at least. The low definition copy that people saw on TV as it happened exists just fine, and was actually restored for the 40th anniversary of the landing.

It wasn't done to save space. The most likely scenario was this. In the late 80's, NASA's Landsat program was facing a severe shortage of data tapes, as digital records hadn't been implemented yet. Following standard procedure, the HD copy of the moonwalk was recorded over for the Landsat program. Why was this done? Well, the HD copy was most likely recorded on tapes intended as backups incase the real-time broadcast conversion didn't work (this was the one seen on TV around the world). Luckily, the conversion broadcast did work, and the HD backups were deemed unnecessary.

Was it short-sighted and not well thought out? Sure, I can't admit it wasn't. Was it done because magnetic tape is expensive? No, it was done because there was a shortage and NASA had usable tapes.

nickrulercreator

NO their was never a REAL shortage. You aint being realistic, youre being devils advocate.
Uh what?

This was the 80's. Data reels weren't in mass production any more, if they even were in production at all. NASA had begun switching to digital storage and this was one of the last times they used magnetic tapes. There's always been a shortage since the advent of digital storage.

titorite

Yeah a budget so low that they couldn't afford to buy new magnetic data tapes and instead taped over the most significant achievement in human history to save a few bucks while launching new HBO satellites for consumers to the tune of what ever they wanted to charge … LOL get real. If you wanna buy whatever BS they try to sell thats on you. Im looking at things more logically and honesty and MY bullshit detector says they are full of bullshit.

Yeah a budget so low that they couldn't afford to buy new magnetic data tapes and instead taped over the most Any significant achievement in human history to save a few bucks while launching new HBO satellites for consumers to the tune of what ever they wanted to charge … LOL get real. If you wanna buy whatever BS they try to sell thats on you. Im looking at things more logically and honesty and MY bullshit detector says they are full of bullshit.

I'm with ya man, a lot of it just doesn't sit right with me either & to just ignore the glaring inconsistencies is just ignorant. It doesn't matter what technology was used to keep records or store data.

When you have a project that important to humanity with practically an unlimited budget there is no excuse for them to have "lost" or "damaged" *ANY* of that data let alone the piles and piles of it.

What society doing this kind of research wouldn't have that data weather/bomb proof?

Also @titorite ohh Daddy govt I wanna believe <--- Isn't that Bravo talk? :LOL:

nickrulercreator

Yeah a budget so low that they couldn't afford to buy new magnetic data tapes and instead taped over the most significant achievement in human history to save a few bucks while launching new HBO satellites for consumers to the tune of what ever they wanted to charge … LOL get real.

First off, they likely didn't realize it was the Apollo tapes. If you read anything on what happened, you'll read that they were likely shipped to Goddard with other random tapes, and then recycled. They didn't know the tapes were Apollo tapes until years AFTER this occurred. The HBO satellites launched had already been scheduled to launch for a while. These things aren't out of the blue. Companies sign launch contracts months, or even years in advance. The money for those launches had already been set aside.

If you wanna buy whatever BS they try to sell thats on you. Im looking at things more logically and honesty and MY bullshit detector says they are full of bullshit.

I'm not buying anything. Unless you can come up with a more credible explanation that has actual evidence to back it up, then your argument falls flat. You're really not looking at things more logically. You're assuming so much. My argument has evidence. There are documents and records stating that these tapes were shipped to X locations on X dates. There is evidence they were recycled because the tapes were present at the location NASA recycled tapes, NASA recycled tapes back in the 80s, and some tapes still exist from that batch. There doesn't have to be some big conspiracy, it could be, and is, just a mistake. It doesn't matter, though, because a lot of the data still exists in copies, like all of the camera footage, audio data, some telemetry data, photos, etc.

I'm with ya man, a lot of it just doesn't sit right with me either & to just ignore the glaring inconsistencies is just ignorant. It doesn't matter what technology was used to keep records or store data.

What inconsistencies are there, though? NASA simply recycled the tapes, something that was very common at the time in the agency. A batch of Apollo tapes got in there and NASA didn't realize. It's that simple.

When you have a project that important to humanity with practically an unlimited budget there is no excuse for them to have "lost" or "damaged" *ANY* of that data let alone the piles and piles of it.

Uh, yes there is. NASA had tons of projects important to humanity. They kept plenty of copies of that data on hand as well. They didn't need every tape there that had copies. None of the tapes were damaged. Some were lost simply due to age, misplacement, poor cataloging, or mistaking the tapes for a different one. Some lost tapes were found. Some never found, and these were likely recycled. Many were never lost. NASA isn't the only group to do this either. It was extremely common for any company with old tapes to recycle them.

What society doing this kind of research wouldn't have that data weather/bomb proof?

The kind that kept it the data in copies, like NASA.

BESIDES, all of this doesn't prove anything. Sure, it may show NASA's poor data-keeping, but it doesn't prove we did or didn't land on the Moon. Arguing this as a basis for whether or not we went is useless. I'm not trying to move goalposts. I'm only saying that if you want to discuss the events of the actual landing, arguing how NASA kept its data is not going to get anywhere.