Forgiving HeraldOfTruth..

ThumberOne

First of all, it should be obvious so I don’t know why I even have to say this, but I am not even asking for forgiveness. If you offer it, awesome, if not, it doesn’t bother me.

Second, I am aware that @m0nique14 was not happy with my actions by the end of it all. I have expressed my apologies and informed her that she made the experience more meaningful than perhaps anyone else did. She said that my creativity was based on fraud and deception, but it wasn’t. I used it to deceive in terms of being a time traveler, but saying that the creativity was based on deception is simply not true.

Your creativity might be genuine but our answers were based on your deception. Generally people such as @m0nique14 does not like falling victim to hoaxes. Based on your opinion on meaningful experience there is still the part that you derived enjoyment from your deception.

Basing it on deception would be something like what @Tron1 and others do. Baseless lies about traveling through time where they are not even trying to help or teach, simply going on a nonexistent adventure where nothing is gained by doing so, that is creativity based on deception. To some people that may just be semantics, but the difference is much more important than you believe.

This really sounds like "if he can do a bad thing it why not do a similar bad thing myself for a good reason". Baseless lies about traveling through time that with self perceived effect of trying to help or teach are still baseless lies.
Also unlike you Tron1 isn't trying to use it as a vehicle to push an agenda which shouldn't be relevant to this discussion.
This was the part where you do not take responsibility for your own actions by using other people's example. Stop trying to change the focus of the discussion.

And finally, to address this again since you, specifically @Blix1ms0ns have been under the impression I intend to plagiarize, I have stated multiple times that payment will be offered and discussed with anyone whose posts will be used in or influence my book.

You think I’m some terrible person, but that is your opinion, not a fact. You dont have to forgive me, but who are you to say other people should not? You all have the right to your opinions.

For the same reason we all have the right to our opinions, who are you to say why other people should offer forgiveness in this case. Like making choices, an informed opinion is necessary to make informed choices. If you are not asking for forgiveness why inquire about the decision to forgive.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure myself about @m0nique14. I didn't see the oth post. However my @8aak post still stand.

Here is what she has to say about the hoax and what the subject of the thread wants to do with it.

============

I am not sure what does a movie has to do with this. Anyways another part of forgiveness is not to continue with bad behavior.

There is nothing in the postings of m0nique14 and 8aak that categorically states they are leaving "because" of HeraldOfTruth, and even if they were, my own personal view on the matter would be that both 8aak and m0nique are too sensitive to be members of a website such as Paranormalis...

Why is it such a heinous matter that a person pretending to be a time traveller could cause so much anxiety to members, that they HAVE to leave, why didn't they put the antagonist on ignore?...I could say that IMHO both 8aak and m0nique14 are what we call in the UK "Snowflakes"... Meaning a youngish person who is easily offended, too emotionally vulnerable to deal with challenging views, and non-resilient compared to other generations...

"Snowflake" comes from the fragility of a snowflake that easily melts when coming in contact with an object...Thank goodness i was brought up from the generation of my parents who had to endure two World Wars, 1914 to 1918 and 1939 to 1945...The thing is the "Snowflakes" of today WOULD be different people IF they were brought up such as myself and many other people :)..

ThumberOne

There is nothing in the postings of m0nique14 and 8aak that categorically states they are leaving "because" of HeraldOfTruth, and even if they were, my own personal view on the matter would be that both 8aak and m0nique are too sensitive to be members of a website such as Paranormalis...

Why is it such a heinous matter that a person pretending to be a time traveller could cause so much anxiety to members, that they HAVE to leave, why didn't they put the antagonist on ignore?...I could say that IMHO both 8aak and m0nique14 are what we call in the UK "Snowflakes"... Meaning a youngish person who is easily offended, too emotionally vulnerable to deal with challenging views, and non-resilient compared to other generations...

"Snowflake" comes from the fragility of a snowflake that easily melts when coming in contact with an object...Thank goodness i was brought up from the generation of my parents who had to endure two World Wars, 1914 to 1918 and 1939 to 1945...The thing is the "Snowflakes" of today WOULD be different people IF they were brought up such as myself and many other people :)..

You brought up losing forum members as a discussion and I responded with another example as a counterpoint. The standards you present for members is basically examples of No True Scotman. They definitely went through the registration and wasn't banned by the mods.

Also we do not HAVE to encourage bad behavior and generally it's not a good idea to do so.

TimeFlipper

You brought up losing forum members as a discussion and I responded with another example as a counterpoint. The standards you present for members is basically examples of No True Scotman. They definitely went through the registration and wasn't banned by the mods.

Also we do not HAVE to encourage bad behavior and generally it's not a good idea to do so.

This is a private web site where the owners (Admin) of Paranormalis, decide what is, and what is not "bad behaviour"..

ThumberOne

Only because members like yourself are doing all the complaining about HeraldOfTruth...If Admin had thought it was "bad behaviour" they would have stepped in promptly..

What's there to forgive if you think there is nothing to forgive?

@Blix1ms0ns

If it’s Karma you are worried about, I woke up at 5am with this about 3 inches from my face. :eek:

@alpha centauri, @m0nique14, and @Witch Hunt the ones that mentioned about karma. I merely quoted one of their posts.

Not sure how an anecdote getting startled by a spider has to do with this discussion unless you want to ask a higher being for forgiveness.

Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

HeraldOfTruth

What's there to forgive if you think there is nothing to forgive?

@alpha centauri, @m0nique14, and @Witch Hunt the ones that mentioned about karma. I merely quoted one of their posts.

Not sure how getting startled by a spider has to do with this discussion unless you want to ask a higher being for forgiveness.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

It was not said with a shred of seriousness. Did you forget that your forgiveness, or lack of, doesn’t bother me? ;)

Real karma is like how a gang put a hit out on me last week for evicting one of their members from my hotel room after he stole from me and skipped rent, forcing me to move across the country (didn’t know he was a gang member when I let him move in of course)

Not that it bothers me more than a slight inconvenience even in that case. Now I’m on vacation with my loving family.

I told you before, I don’t live my life with regret. I live and I learn, and not even a dozen gang members attempting to break into my hotel room to kill me will change that.

ThumberOne

Forgiveness from gang members whether fictional or real is a different matter. I really doubt you can live and learn after you are killed.

Also there is a difference between not being inconvenienced and being the inconvenience itself.