Forgiving HeraldOfTruth..

HeraldOfTruth

Forgiveness from gang members whether fictional or real is a different matter. I really doubt you can live and learn after you are killed.

Also there is a difference between not being inconvenienced and being the inconvenience itself.

You are consistently missing the point, but I can’t say I’m surprised.

However, if I die, I die. At least I know I lived my life as best I could and did everything I could to make the world a better place before departing from it.

ThumberOne

You are consistently missing the point, but I can’t say I’m surprised.

However, if I die, I die. At least I know I lived my life as best I could and did everything I could to make the world a better place before departing from it.
You death is not what we are discussing in this thread.

Why bother trying to derail a thread with how proud you are going to be before dying. It's easy to believe that one is making the world a better place when in reality the opposite is true. There are plenty examples in history books

Last edited:

HeraldOfTruth

You death is not what we are discussing in this thread.

Why bother trying to derail a thread with how proud you are going to be before dying. It's easy to believe that one is making the world a better place when in reality the opposite is true. There are plenty examples in history books

You are once again missing the point... I can’t even be bothered to participate in a conversation with you anymore.

alpha centauri

@alpha centauri, @m0nique14, and @Witch Hunt the ones that mentioned about karma. I merely quoted one of their posts.

Not sure how an anecdote getting startled by a spider has to do with this discussion unless you want to ask a higher being for forgiveness.

Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

Yes I mentioned the topic of karma in this thread.

I am worried about the karma or physical health of the members here except @HeraldOfTruth. Of course, he will experience karma. But that is, because he will not change his behaviour. He already said that lying to people is something good and he did not regret it. So he will continue to lie to people and the people will continue to get mad at him for that. That is the karma, how I understand it. If you do not change your bad characteristics, you will continue to have problems with other people, till you have enobled your character. And this you can do with spiritual practices. People like him are a good teaching tool.

So the forgiveness to him is actually a forgiveness for us, because hate destroys us. He will continue to lie and so not bothering about the feelings of others. At least, he said that.

Karma is also misunderstood, because there is also positive karma. People forget about that and only mention the negative aspect.

lamdo263

This thread frightens me. This is like my kindergarten teacher saying a wonderful man is coming to the class to show us all something. He's wearing a raincoat, but his legs are bare up to the bottom seam of the coat.

ThumberOne

@alpha centauri I would disagree. The part where "He will continue to lie and so not bothering about the feelings of others" is exactly why forgiveness is not the appropriate reaction. As @Witch Hunt describes it:

I believe that everyone deserves forgiveness at least once. ONCE!

If you find yourself making a habit of forgiving people who mistreat you, you aren't a caring person, you are an enabler. And you are a bigger part of the problem than the transgressor