Forgiving HeraldOfTruth..

alpha centauri

@alpha centauri I would disagree. The part where "He will continue to lie and so not bothering about the feelings of others" is exactly why forgiveness is not the appropriate reaction. As @Witch Hunt describes it:

You are both right. Now that I think about it. I changed my opinion a little bit.

I try to explain it again: You should love the sinner, because if you hate the sinner you have bad feelings. And the bad feelings cause you trouble. But you should always fight his/her behaviour without being angry about it. you fight it in a positive way. For example, You cannot allow a murderer to go on and on. So you either arrest him or do something else to make sure he/she does not murder again. If you dont do anything, he will hurt others. That is right, I did not consider that part.

TimeFlipper

You are both right. Now that I think about it. I changed my opinion a little bit.

I try to explain it again: You should love the sinner, because if you hate the sinner you have bad feelings. And the bad feelings cause you trouble. But you should always fight his/her behaviour without being angry about it. you fight it in a positive way. For example, You cannot allow a murderer to go on and on. So you either arrest him or do something else to make sure he/she does not murder again. If you dont do anything, he will hurt others. That is right, I did not consider that part.

You are absolutely correct...I would make certain a murderer would never murder again, a 9mm bullet between the eyes should do it :LOL: jk..

alpha centauri

You are absolutely correct...I would make certain a murderer would never murder again, a 9mm bullet between the eyes should do it :LOL: jk..

Yes that is where I struggle. I dont know, what is the correct way. But I dont have to decide. I am one person out of over 8 billions.

That reminds me of these mind games, where they have interviewed people, if they would kill a man to stop a train that kills more people.

There is a runaway trolley barrelling down the railway tracks. Ahead, on the tracks, there are five people tied up and unable to move. The trolley is headed straight for them. You are standing some distance off in the train yard, next to a lever. If you pull this lever, the trolley will switch to a different set of tracks. However, you notice that there is one person on the side track. You have two options:
  1. Do nothing and allow the trolley to kill the five people on the main track.
  2. Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill one person.
Which is the more ethical option? Or, more simply: What is the right thing to do?

Logically you should kill the person to save others.

ThumberOne

Yes that is where I struggle. I dont know, what is the correct way. But I dont have to decide. I am one person out of over 8 billions.

That reminds me of these mind games, where they have interviewed people, if they would kill a man to stop a train that kills more people.

Logically you should kill the person to save others.

A self defense analogy would be more apt

Last edited: