Forum Down for Maintenance: Friday Feb. 2nd 2018 (Completed)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Boy, that escalated quickly! Don't worry, I'm not going to destroy the site!

- The forum isn't moving to Discourse. Like I said, It's being upgraded to Xenforo 2. It's the new fresh version of the forum software. It's an awesome piece of software.

- I'm moving the chat to Discord. The chat only, a single Paranormalis Channel on Discord. It's going to be members-only and integrated with the forum. Discord is the best chat app available right now.

The site will remain pretty much the same and will work the same way as it does right now. :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Alright, so the upgrade to XenForo 2 is completed and it feels great. I don't think Paranormalis has even been that fast and smooth.

There are still a few details to fix in regards to the Discord Chat, so don't be surprised if you're having issues logging in. I'll work it out in the next few days.

Feel free to discuss the upgrade either here, or there:
I love it

Thank you for your patience! :)

Dreamwarrior

@Num7 If you intend on keeping Discord chat, i would suggest that the only time it should be open would be if admin or a moderator were attending it..
We would have the usual idiots wanting to spoil things for everyone, and i would also suggest that all music is banned incase it is under the control of the Performing Rights Organisation, that requires payment for playing their members music...
lol you remind me of captain mainewring in dads army ,you vote labour by any chance?

steven chiverton

In order to keep our content well sorted out and to have a clean looking homepage that is easy to navigate, I moved a few forum sections around. Here are the changes you should take not of, and that you probably already noticed:
  • General Discussion is now the last item of the Paranormal Forum group.
  • General Discussion has been renamed to "General Discussion / Off-Topic"
  • The News Wire is now inside the General Discussion section.
  • Paranormalis Announcements is now the first item of the Community Discussion group.
  • Alexander's Chat Logs are now inside the John Titor's Legacy section.
  • I included a link leading to the forum rules at the end of the forum sections listing.
  • I also made the Bajak Flux Cap Time Travel Circuitschematics available in the Time Machines and Experiments section.
I tried to be as conservative as I can, regarding the way the forum looks and feels. I've been questioning myself whether or not we should keep the News Wire or not and figured it had its place inside the General Discussion / Off-Topic section, as it contains various kind of news articles.

Those moves make it so that all categories of content are extremely well sorted out on the homepage. We have the Time Travel Forum, the Paranormal Forum, then the Community Discussion. The Community Discussion part of the forum now contains exclusively stuff that has to do with the Paranormalis Community and its members: Announcements, Events, Introductions and Support. General Discussion being part of the core content too, deserved its place in the Paranormal Forum, just as it used to so long ago.

Oh, I also made the forum section titles a little smaller and the whole site exactly 200px narrower. Will you notice?! ;)

Num7 out!
very nicely done num7 easy to navigate im proud of you for such a neat job ,