Forum Rules Feedback Thread

Mayhem

Zenith
His ideas of life in his thread make no sense, so he went on the attack, bit of a joke as others have noted.

taykair

No. His ideas of life were not very well expressed - probably because English was not his native language. As dificult as it is for some to accept, English-speaking people are not the sole users of the internet.

I wouldn't have minded learning more about his particular point of view, even though it was hard for me to decipher some of what he was trying to say. However, when he started going ballistic just because his ideas were being questioned, that's when I tuned out and moved on.

Wind7

Staff
Is it allowable for a follower of one Religion to continually and openly attack other Religions here
when knowing they are causing undue duress* upon other posters here?

*Duress is wrongful pressure exerted upon a person in order to coerce that person into a contract that he or she ordinarily wouldn't enter. ...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We aim at the respect of others and their opinions, so no, it's not allowed. Especially when it appears to be on purpose. (Maybe it's not, but it looks like it is). Religion is a super sensitive topic and a somewhat personal one as well. That's why we don't encourage people to get into debates about it.

We probably should have reacted quicker. I can't speak for Mayhem or PoisonApple, but I often give people more chances than they deserve.

We closed the 2 threads you were referring to.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey everyone,

We added the following item to the forum rules. It's more of an etiquette thing, rather than an actual rule.

"All content must be posted in English as it is not possible for us to moderate the forums otherwise. "

This item was added in light of numerous messages posted in the Chronovisor Videos discussion, which are exclusively in Italian. As you might have noticed, it created a parallel discussion that only our Italian-speaking members could take part in, while the rest of us needed Google Translate to understand what was being discussed. Not the ideal situation.

Therefore, we're asking our Italian-speaking members, to please, post their messages in English from now on.

Thanks.

SeekingTruth

Great rules! Despite my nature of looking into something indepth and questioning sometimes there are, many that I have that might be abnormal themselves. Keeping an open mind is also necessary, just because it's unlikely doesn't mean it's impossible, and also I completely agree keeping certain topics out of threads that don't belong (aka religion and whatnot).

No need for changes in my opinion.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A quick reminder to those who took part in today's flame war, in the thread titled "Would you marry a space alien if it were possible and legal?"

If you spot a comment that is out of line, rude, racist, is a personal attack or whatever... Report it. It's simple as that.

Don't attack the offender and become one yourself.

The thread mentioned above has been removed completely, following what happened.

BlastTyrant

A quick reminder to those who took part in today's flame war, in the thread titled "Would you marry a space alien if it were possible and legal?"

If you spot a comment that is out of line, rude, racist, is a personal attack or whatever... Report it. It's simple as that.

Don't attack the offender and become one yourself.

The thread mentioned above has been removed completely, following what happened.

O shit, i missed it was it anything i said??