Future in Dreams

MORG

Future in Dreams

When I was a kid, I used to have Deja Vu quite often. It would often run for several minutes where I knew what was about to happen as it happened as though it happened before. When I described what happened to my mother, she said it was "only Deja Vu". The thing was, I could have sworn that I had actually seen it before. Those exact events, sounds, smells as though they had happened before exactly as they were happening right then.
Quite unnoticed, I stopped having Deja Vu experiences so often. Maybe one per year or so where before I would have several each week. As I got older, it seemed, it was going away without reason.
My dreams have always been quite vivid. The dreams I remember anyway. When I wake up, I write my dreams down immediately so I don't forget anything, no matter how insignificant. I started writing them down because of places that I would go that I had never been before, people I had seen that I had never seen before, but had DREAMS about. I met my wife in a dream I had before I ever met her in real life. In my dream, I talked to her in my car, driving through the mountains, apparently heading nowhere in particular. We talked about our future, having kids. I even saw what she was wearing quite clearly. And in my dream, there were white splotches on the back window of the car. When I woke up I remembered this dream quite clearly, but it wasn't until much later that I began writing them down.
Nearly a year passed before I went bowling with friends of mine. On the lanes next to us, was a beautiful girl bowling with her own friends. I didn't really pay much attention until I really got a good look at her. The hair was different, it was cut shorter and she was wearing glasses...but by god it was the girl from my dream. In my dream I didn't know her name, but my whole life I always had a an affection for girls named "Jenny". Her name was in fact "Jenni".
I didn't talk to the girl. I was scared and surprised and figured this girl would think I was a nut if I were to say I had a dream about her. I left that night without talking to her...
About 3 months later, I decided I wanted to get on a bowling team but I had no friends that wanted to do the same. I just showed up at the bowling alley and that same girl was there and she just happened to need a 4th bowler for her team. Of course we began to talk and got to know each other a little. Eventually, she asked me out instead of me asking her out.
Long story made longer, we got married 2 years later. It was on our honeymoon through Colorado that we made full circle with my dream of the mountains and talking about our future and the white splotches from "just married" being written on the back window and partially cleaned off.
4 years later, no longer married, what was the point of the dream? Just a little vision of the future. But no warning of what tragedies were to come. No visions of terror, only of serenity if you will.
Now, I'm 26 years old and my dreams are stronger than ever. Usually just little insignificant images...being in a public restoom somewhere new, being in a restaurant, being in the park, walking, talking to someone. Many of these things happen the very next day, all written down now of course.
Just yesterday, I thought I lost my cell phone. I looked all over for it. I called friends (on the house phone) to see if I left it at their house. I looked in my car, under my bed, in the couch cushions. No Luck.
Last night, I had a dream that I found it between the passenger car seat and the door. Not UNDER the carseat where I had already looked of course. What an odd place to find a cell phone I thought in my dream. I got up, got ready for work this morning, went out to my car and there was my phone. Exactly where it was in my dream, still powered on as in my dream. I had thought that the battery was running low and would be dead when I found it.

The purpose of the dream of the girl was simply to get with the girl. Even through tragedy, if I had never been with her, I would not be where I am now with the girl I'm with now whom I love very much.

If I hadn't dreamt of the cell phone, I would have called customer service this morning, payed another 75 dollar activation fee on a new phone. Not as significant as the first dream, but the same forces at work perhaps.

I never did really believe in "Deja Vu" when I was a kid, but I definitely believe in dreams I have that come true the very next day.

Does anyone else out there have experiences like this? Are they time travel of the mind? Cross dimensional temporal travel? What's your take?

PyRo99

Future in Dreams

Very many times have I had this happen.

Phoenix

Future in Dreams

I think such dreams and precognition is an aspect of time travel and an insight into the true nature of time.

My personal take on these is not everything is fated to happen, but certain things are.

The flip side of this are the memories that are no longer so. People who we remember being dead who are no longer dead. Events that we remember happening that didn't happen in this time line.

All of this deals with the mental aspect of time and time travel.

You are probably a very sensitive person, able to have a feel on things and people. I think your dream journals helped in your ability to remember such things. I am going to take a guess and say you had a strong desire to be able to see future events. It might just be something you were born with though and never taken the time to conform to the idea that you were not suppose to have these kinds of ability.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us MORG.

HackimerRob

Future in Dreams

MORG. I'm glad to have you on board. This board welcomes you with dilated gravity! Your stories are great, your insight as well. I have had Deja Vu all my life as well. What if it's when you dream, fate making it's plans. Like, does a program that one is coding experience a precognition of it's execution while lines are being entered? Perhaps. Quite a philosophical debate could rage on this topic. I tend to think precognition is "nature" making it's plans ahead of time and sometimes it leaks into our brain. You could say the time we are experiencing has already happened, a la Donnie Darko, and we are all always just catching up with it.
-Hack

Popdog205

Re: Future in Dreams

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"MORG\")</div>
When I was a kid, I used to have Deja Vu quite often. ?It would often run for several minutes where I knew what was about to happen as it happened as though it happened before. ?When I described what happened to my mother, she said it was \"only Deja Vu\". ?The thing was, I could have sworn that I had actually seen it before. ?Those exact events, sounds, smells as though they had happened before exactly as they were happening right then.
Quite unnoticed, I stopped having Deja Vu experiences so often. ?Maybe one per year or so where before I would have several each week. ?As I got older, it seemed, it was going away without reason. ?
My dreams have always been quite vivid. ? The dreams I remember anyway. ?When I wake up, I write my dreams down immediately so I don't forget anything, no matter how insignificant. ?I started writing them down because of places that I would go that I had never been before, people I had seen that I had never seen before, but had DREAMS about. ?I met my wife in a dream I had before I ever met her in real life. ?In my dream, I talked to her in my car, driving through the mountains, apparently heading nowhere in particular. ?We talked about our future, having kids. ?I even saw what she was wearing quite clearly. ?And in my dream, there were white splotches on the back window of the car. ?When I woke up I remembered this dream quite clearly, but it wasn't until much later that I began writing them down. ?
Nearly a year passed before I went bowling with friends of mine. ?On the lanes next to us, was a beautiful girl bowling with her own friends. ?I didn't really pay much attention until I really got a good look at her. ?The hair was different, it was cut shorter and she was wearing glasses...but by god it was the girl from my dream. ?In my dream I didn't know her name, but my whole life I always had a an affection for girls named \"Jenny\". ?Her name was in fact \"Jenni\". ?
I didn't talk to the girl. ?I was scared and surprised and figured this girl would think I was a nut if I were to say I had a dream about her. ?I left that night without talking to her...
About 3 months later, I decided I wanted to get on a bowling team but I had no friends that wanted to do the same. ?I just showed up at the bowling alley and that same girl was there and she just happened to need a 4th bowler for her team. ?Of course we began to talk and got to know each other a little. ?Eventually, she asked me out instead of me asking her out. ?
Long story made longer, we got married 2 years later. ?It was on our honeymoon through Colorado that we made full circle with my dream of the mountains and talking about our future and the white splotches from \"just married\" being written on the back window and partially cleaned off. ?
4 years later, no longer married, what was the point of the dream? ?Just a little vision of the future. ?But no warning of what tragedies were to come. ?No visions of terror, only of serenity if you will. ?
Now, I'm 26 years old and my dreams are stronger than ever. ?Usually just little insignificant images...being in a public restoom somewhere new, being in a restaurant, being in the park, walking, talking to someone. ?Many of these things happen the very next day, all written down now of course. ?
Just yesterday, I thought I lost my cell phone. ?I looked all over for it. ?I called friends (on the house phone) to see if I left it at their house. ?I looked in my car, under my bed, in the couch cushions. ?No Luck. ?
Last night, I had a dream that I found it between the passenger car seat and the door. ?Not UNDER the carseat where I had already looked of course. ?What an odd place to find a cell phone I thought in my dream. ?I got up, got ready for work this morning, went out to my car and there was my phone. ?Exactly where it was in my dream, still powered on as in my dream. ?I had thought that the battery was running low and would be dead when I found it. ?

The purpose of the dream of the girl was simply to get with the girl. ?Even through tragedy, if I had never been with her, I would not be where I am now with the girl I'm with now whom I love very much. ?

If I hadn't dreamt of the cell phone, I would have called customer service this morning, payed another 75 dollar activation fee on a new phone. ?Not as significant as the first dream, but the same forces at work perhaps. ?

I never did really believe in \"Deja Vu\" when I was a kid, but I definitely believe in dreams I have that come true the very next day. ?

Does anyone else out there have experiences like this? ?Are they time travel of the mind? ?Cross dimensional temporal travel? ?What's your take?[/b]
I find that when I have a Deja Vu i cannot pinpoint what is going to happen next. As the scene unfolds you can feel that it all happened before but you cannot tell whats going to happen next. But I firmly believe in it! I am 17 years old and get it quite a lot!

....Some people even suggests that if u experience Deja Vu that u are psychic!

Maggot7

Hey popdog205 I have had dreams like that where u dream about something then it happens and your like wait didn't this already happen Dreams hold mysterious powers dreams are a key to telling us things

Popdog205

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Maggot7\")</div>
Hey popdog205 I have had dreams like that where u dream about something then it happens and your like wait didn't this already happen Dreams hold mysterious powers dreams are a key to telling us things[/b]
Dreams are also their to help you cope with your life in general!? But I got to know how to control it and do astral travel, but i lack concentration! Any HELP?

Maggot7

I have trouble with astral projection 2 I used be really good at it but not any more I used to do it all the time when I was into witchcraft but I stopped doing witchcraft because of bad experienes but when astral projecting u have to concentrate really hard try mediatating for awhile before attemtping to astral project and look it up on how to astral project to because it gives u tips