gas prices

HDRKID

Has anyone seen future gas prices? I remember a person telling me back in 2015 that gas would be $2.50 in 2016 and $3 in 2018. He was wrong. There are only a few days left in this year. Here is a picture I took today and we are seeing lower gas prices.

gas_prices_low.jpg

alpha centauri

Has anyone seen future gas prices? I remember a person telling me back in 2015 that gas would be $2.50 in 2016 and $3 in 2018. He was wrong. There are only a few days left in this year. Here is a picture I took today and we are seeing lower gas prices.

I think we avoided some negative timelines. But that was a good possiblility when you look at it logically.

In my opinion, fracking is responsible for this. I am glad that all these bad people from the evil organization
OPEC (the former oil cartel) is nearly finished because of this.
So this cartel dont exist anymore.

Thanks to the USA that supported the technology "fracking":
How The Fracking Revolution Broke OPEC's Hold On Oil Prices

Edit:
What is the gas price on the picture? @HDRKID
The red price or the green price?
And what is the normal price in the US before the predicition?

Last edited:

titorite

View attachment 7767

It does depend on the region you know. Judging from that gasoline price im gonna wager that photo is from Texas. Am I right?

Here in upstate NY gasoline is teetering at between 2.79 and 2.89 depending on where you go... seen it as high as 2.92 in the owner run non corporate stations.

Harte

Under two dollars here.
The reason the mentioned prediction was wrong is that real people can't actually see into the future.

Harte

Kairos

Gas prices have more to do with the diverse EPA formulations and the distribution system than anything else. Saudis are going to cut production to try to get prices higher, so that's going to hit you no matter what, but the Saudis glutting supply doesn't have as much effect on prices as you might think because the oil companies can play various games midstream in the oil industry, and they can always bribe the EPA to do something else like they did when they created special formulations for various regions of the country, effectively breaking up CONUS as a single oil market.

Also, future prices are highly contingent upon demand. A decimated middle class isn't going to drive much. If enough Americans switch to electric cars, then we could potentially just build a lot of nuclear power plants to run our transportation. That would slash demand and prices would fall.

In fact, I think peak oil is just going to be a matter of us massively subsidizing transportation so that everybody just uses electric cars. This will limit oil consumption in the context of transportation to things like aircraft, ships, and maybe still trains.

We could also build cargo pipelines to deal with shipping within CONUS. No need for trucks to do that stuff.

I can think all sorts of potentialities that would have massive impacts on oil prices. There is no way to predict what exactly will go down, but we can still predict a lot of the responses and technological developments to mitigate oil shortages.

HDRKID

Hi Negan:
It is $2.01 per gallon today on Christmas eve. It might go under $2 soon. Well, have a happy new year.gas201.jpg

steven chiverton

people who time travel to what they think is the future may be only of traveled to another reality and dont know it till there predictions dont come true on the future date hdr units dont have a biult in reality checker so you dont really know what reality your on why else would so many hdr useres who claimed to of been to a future and predicted dates of things to come only to get it wrong there dates may of been right and years but the reality wasent the same

TimeFlipper

people who time travel to what they think is the future may be only of traveled to another reality and dont know it till there predictions dont come true on the future date hdr units dont have a biult in reality checker so you dont really know what reality your on why else would so many hdr useres who claimed to of been to a future and predicted dates of things to come only to get it wrong there dates may of been right and years but the reality wasent the same

Steve, in my humble opinion i think you might find out that the HDR has no ability to either transport you forward, or backwards in time..