George Floyd represents US all

TimeFlipper

I’ll check on it.
5 to 7 (maybe 3) … that is nothing indeed, considering a life was taken and it seems to be applied only to cops or former cops (outrageous indeed), because I’ve seen lots of regular people (other jobs than cops) taking life or death sentence for that.

In light of whats happening right now in the US, I believe a court will sentence that scum cop who had his knee on the guys neck for over 8 minutes, to First Degree Murder,15 to 25 years in jail, he deserves it!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
In light of whats happening right now in the US, I believe a court will sentence that scum cop who had his knee on the guys neck for over 8 minutes, to First Degree Murder,15 to 25 years in jail, he deserves it!

As I recall in order to charge the killer cop with first degree murder, the prosecution would have to prove the murder was premeditated. So if it comes up that there was a pre-existing relationship with the victim, then the murder charge could be upped to first degree murder. Sadly we have a really screwed up judicial system over here in the USA. More than likely there will be additional public unrest when the judge finds the killer cop not guilty.

Mayhem

Zenith
Same happened with Justine Ruszczyk, (was fatally shot) also known as Justine Damond in 2017, the police office Noor was ultimately arrested and charged with second-degree manslaughter and third-degree murder following an eight-month investigation. In April 2019, Noor was convicted of third-degree murder and manslaughter, but acquitted of intentional second-degree murder. He was sentenced to 12.5 years.

Damond's family brought a civil lawsuit against the City of Minneapolis alleging violation of Damond's civil rights, which the city settled for $US20 million,one of the largest-ever settlements in a suit involving a police killing.

Mayhem

Zenith
As I recall in order to charge the killer cop with first degree murder, the prosecution would have to prove the murder was premeditated. So if it comes up that there was a pre-existing relationship with the victim, then the murder charge could be upped to first degree murder. Sadly we have a really screwed up judicial system over here in the USA. More than likely there will be additional public unrest when the judge finds the killer cop not guilty.

Did the victim and the officer not work in security together some years ago, or was that heresay?

paulyoung2

notice the similarity to timothy McVeigh in look.. this is once again the deep state showing its power.. this is what you are dealing with here.. in addition to karma and punishment that is really not going away anywhere.. unless there is some correction done and detoxification of soup

this murder has deep state all over it like many other beforehand and many other to come.

they want president trump out of office.. they cant do a Kenny on him so they do whatever else they can

reason they don't do a Kennedy on him? within the hour the south east, south and mid south west.. launch a war that it wins.

start at edge

It seems that judicial systems are screwed up everywhere, almost by definition. A long time ago it probably was much simpler, but the world and life was much simpler as well. Lots of nations copied their judicial system from the Romans, as at the beginning it probably fitted into a few pages. Over the centuries everything became so much more complicated that in our days it does not fit into an entire library. We are living in a time not to be envied by anyone.
I do not know how this works in the U.S., I’m assuming that the “not guilty” verdict refers to the specific charge of FDM, because if it refers to the entire case and the charged one is not found guilty of anything and dismissed, then public unrest will definitely be not only an additional one but more likely a total chaos.
From my point of view, a much more simplified procedure would be to set the charges (or multiple charges) at their maximum (or minimum) in the same trial even before the case begins in court, and let the judge decrease (or increase) each charge to the right level, providing of course that the judge is not connected to anything related to politics … because if he is, that is not justice anymore, it is politics. Then there is the jury – if a trial has severe implications in anything related to politics, then it is not only possible, but most likely that the jury could be manipulated. Either way, it is clear now that this particular situation, along with many other situations, does not target that particular cop, but the entire apparatus and all the ramifications involved (which, again, seem to lead to politics). Politics is a dirty bitch, everywhere … it always was.
I am not sure about that pre-existing relationship with the victim issue. There were a lot of cases when the killer committed murder without knowing or previously being in contact with the victim, yet it was premeditated. I think that premeditation actually means that the murder was planned and such planning can be only a few minutes prior to the murder. For example from inside a restaurant the killer followed the victim (whom he first time saw only then and there at the restaurant) to the parking lot and committed murder, not even knowing the victim’s name – that is not by accident or negligence – it is planned, therefore premeditated. At least this is how it sounds correct and logical to me … but like you mentioned, in a screwed up judicial system there is always room for a lot of interpretation.

start at edge

Same happened with Justine Ruszczyk, (was fatally shot) also known as Justine Damond in 2017, the police office Noor was ultimately arrested and charged with second-degree manslaughter and third-degree murder following an eight-month investigation. In April 2019, Noor was convicted of third-degree murder and manslaughter, but acquitted of intentional second-degree murder. He was sentenced to 12.5 years.

Damond's family brought a civil lawsuit against the City of Minneapolis alleging violation of Damond's civil rights, which the city settled for $US20 million,one of the largest-ever settlements in a suit involving a police killing.
It is not much that I understand about such a settlement either, yet I assume that both (all) parts have to agree to it. I wonder if Damond's family wasn’t somehow emotionally manipulated and tricked into accepting the settlement. Waving 20 million under someone’s nose based on knowing that the family has financial difficulties, I consider sort of a manipulation.

Mayhem

Zenith
It is not much that I understand about such a settlement either, yet I assume that both (all) parts have to agree to it. I wonder if Damond's family wasn’t somehow emotionally manipulated and tricked into accepting the settlement. Waving 20 million under someone’s nose based on knowing that the family has financial difficulties, I consider sort of a manipulation.

Who said they had financial difficulties?

"Damond’s family filed a US$50m (A$79m) civil lawsuit against Minneapolis last year and just days after Noor’s conviction the city agreed to pay US$20m (A$31m)."

start at edge

Who said they had financial difficulties?

"Damond’s family filed a US$50m (A$79m) civil lawsuit against Minneapolis last year and just days after Noor’s conviction the city agreed to pay US$20m (A$31m)."
There are a lot of aspects I was not aware of, as I live on the other side of the world and only rarely watch some news from the U.S.
Yes, “difficulty” is also among the notions that are relative. I always joke about this when someone tells me not to complain because it could have been worse and I say: If one would have asked Aristotel Onassis “How is it going”, he would probably answered “not good … not good”

start at edge

Some footage from the U.S. reached to a local TV station here and was broadcast in the news. I’ve already seen those images on the internet.

I kindly ask those here on the site, who maybe get in contact with some of the protesters (as the protests spread throughout the entire U.S. by now), to do their best and convince people that breaking into stores and bringing all sort of damage does not help their image (and OURS, as WE from the whole world are beside you), does not match OUR vivid memory of George Floyd and most important of all – it works ONLY in the advantage of the oppressors - they're getting more desperate by the minute, they are capable of doing anything against US and they will not hesitate to harm US because they're evil by definition. Do not give the oppressors even the slightest occasion to discredit the movement that George Floyd started by giving his own life for this cause, as it is the cause embraced by the entire world – to get rid of the oppressors.