George Floyd represents US all

start at edge

I can see the passion in your writing, and I agree with most of what you have written, except for giving extra funding to the police forces..
In the UK we have the same problems with the "Snowflake Generation" thats found its way into a large and very expensive area of bureaucracy and wasted manpower within our own police forces, we even have a "thought cops" section!..
I know the feeling … still, consider yourself somehow lucky, as here is what we must endure where I live:
County police
Local police
Proximity police
Border police
Community police
Military police
Sanitation police
Traffic police
Economy police
… all are paid from taxes taken from the people they usually oppress (sometimes very violently, even murdering them).

alpha centauri

I know the feeling … still, consider yourself somehow lucky, as here is what we must endure where I live:
County police
Local police
Proximity police
Border police
Community police
Military police
Sanitation police
Traffic police
Economy police
… all are paid from taxes taken from the people they usually oppress (sometimes very violently, even murdering them).
Without the police you have chaos. I dont understand you. If only Black people would be in the police in the US, they would still kill a lot of Blacks. I am sure of that.

The police in Europe seem to be different. Here are two experiences:

walt willis

So crime is low in Germany: Now for the rest of the story...If you remove the top 20 US cities from your crime report you may better understand.
Also 13% of the US population in black, but those folks have a crime problem that far exceeds the general population.
Now lets compare apples with apples and see where that goes.

Attachments

• N6.jpeg
    N6.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 2

walt willis

Without the police you have chaos. I dont understand you. If only Black people would be in the police in the US, they would still kill a lot of Blacks. I am sure of that.

When I was drafted into the Army I was confronted by a group of blacks that said I must hate blacks. I told them that I never knew any blacks as growing up on a farm but they were giving me a bad first impression. The same thing may be true of a cop having to deal with confrontational blacks. It's called attitude and respect. Play stupid games, win stupid rewards. Yes there are evil cops that should never have been given a weapon and badge, but if we elect stupid leaders that hire stupid cops, who is to blame? The blue state run by democrats seem to be the hot spots of trouble. It may help to have more black cops to serve in the hood? Then we'll see how that works out?9273

start at edge

You’re right. It is not the skin color that is alarming, but the fact itself – people are murdered all the time. I posted an example of such situation, where some white cops (there are no black cops in that region) murdered a white man (there are also no black people in that region) - see here

walt willis

My wife just told me about a young Amish girl that went missing from out home town. Someone reported seeing a black man dragging her into his car. Is it me or is it true that most rapes and murders are committed by young blacks? The FBI sends a UCR to every PD in the nation every year. I read the report in 1997 and found that 87% of all murders that year were done by black men. Go figure?

start at edge

That statistics may be accurate. Yet, when I think about statistics, there is a question that I can not keep from coming to my mind: What is the percentage of black cops behaving abusively next to white cops behaving abusively ?? – I think white cops hold the first place by far (probably the reason why there were few or none of such statistics performed)

walt willis

That statistics may be accurate. Yet, when I think about statistics, there is a question that I can not keep from coming to my mind: What is the percentage of black cops behaving abusively next to white cops behaving abusively ?? – I think white cops hold the first place by far (probably the reason why there were few or none of such statistics performed)
Figures can lie and liars can figure so it may help to do your homework before you assume too much. Blacks make up around 13.3% of the US population and black males around 6% yet back in 1997 the FBI's Uniform Crime Report UCR stated that they are responsible for 87% of the US murders. Listen to Tommy Sotomayor and maybe that will also explain more: