going back in time

Louisa92

hi there guys i was wondering if anyone has found a way to go back in time a year or more? Any theories or suggestions? To reinhabit your past self

HDRKID

That is known as quantum time travel and it is a pain. Like going back to when you missed the free throw in the basketball game. What do you want to change?

Time and tide wait for no man. - Geoffrey Chaucer

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Sorry people, for those who have screwed up in the past and want to correct
their mistakes, there's no way to go back physically in time and correct all the
wrongs and the mistakes, everyone has regrets for things that they did or said.

Professor Opmmur

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Sorry people, for those who have screwed up in the past and want to correct
their mistakes, there's no way to go back physically in time and correct all the
wrongs and the mistakes, everyone has regrets for things that they did or said.

Professor Opmmur

We should: Learn from the past and create a better future.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I agree to an extent with Opmmur and Paula, one should generally learn from his/her past and not repeat the same wrongs and mistakes in the future. But for me, the thought that one should always be stuck in the present and look to the future is just not fun.

Yes, I do want to change the past, but that's not all I want to do. I also want to relive childhood and some of the good times, in my case being the 80s and 90s. For instance, television shows (including cartoons) and video games were a lot better then than they are today.

But back to changing history, it all depends on what you want to change. @Louisa92 - What thing(s) in the past do you want to change?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I agree to an extent with Opmmur and Paula, one should generally learn from his/her past and not repeat the same wrongs and mistakes in the future. But for me, the thought that one should always be stuck in the present and look to the future is just not fun.

Yes, I do want to change the past, but that's not all I want to do. I also want to relive childhood and some of the good times, in my case being the 80s and 90s. For instance, television shows (including cartoons) and video games were a lot better then than they are today.

But back to changing history, it all depends on what you want to change. @Louisa92 - What thing(s) in the past do you want to change?

The problem with changing the past is that you could drastically change your present. You could even make it worse. I don't think anyone's life is perfect. Every single person in the world has problems. Even the rich have problems. We all have regrets and we will still have regrets if we change our timeline. I personally don't think we can perfect our lives. We strive for it and try, but how many times would you have to go back in time and make changes in order to get it "right"? What if you lose people you love now? I'm not sure it is worth the risk. Even changing history could end up very badly. Stopping one disaster could enable a worse one, for example.

Now, visiting the past to "tour" would be really fun. You just have to be very careful!!!!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

How do you plan on going back in time, Classical? And do you believe in multiple worldlines?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith

How do you plan on going back in time, Classical? And do you believe in multiple worldlines?
  1. I'm not really sure whether I'll be using alien-made devices or the power of my mind, but I strongly suspect I'll be using a combination of both. Like The Secret or Law of Attraction tells us, you don't know how you're going to accomplish your goals. You may have a rough idea, but you don't know exactly how until you come to it. It's best to keep an open mind.
  2. Yes, I do believe in the possibility of multiple worldlines. The universe is basically full of endless possibilities.