Good EVP recorder?

kensclark19

Is the Zoom H1 good for a beginner one? I'm just starting ghost hunting because of some paranormal and psychic things that have happened to me, so I bought a P-SB7 spirit box. I now need a recorder to record my sessions.

kensclark19

I'm able to spend about 100 on one, so the H1 seemed like the best.

CDS

Is the Zoom H1 good for a beginner one? I'm just starting ghost hunting because of some paranormal and psychic things that have happened to me, so I bought a P-SB7 spirit box. I now need a recorder to record my sessions.

Zoom H1 is a great recorder. Did you know there is a SB11? :rolleyes:

TimeFlipper

Hiya Ken welcome to Paranormalis :)
Zoom products have been around for some years, and offer good value for money..I used several of their products for my own musical recordings 20years ago, they are very sturdy and can easily handle being dropped a few times without any problems...Check out Ebay, they might have some pre owned models :)

LisaTiffany

Yes, but it costs twice as much and is not really worth it to me.
It's well worth the extra investment if you were to wait and save up. I get great results every time and always scan both am and fm at once, as for recorders I use both Sony and Olympus recorders and have had no problem with the audio quality. How are you recording the audio output? I send mine directly through to the recorder so I cut out any of my own voice/environmental contamination. To keep track of the questions asked I either make notes and keep to a strict script or record myself on a separate recorder and play it back where needed. Also welcome to the forum :)

kensclark19

I will end up using the recorder I buy to record it. I like your idea. I think the H1 has a timestamp button. I could just list my questions, and then put a timestamp when I ask one. I also like the X/Y pattern mics, thus why I chose the H1. If there is a better one for 100,then I will take it. The Zoom seemed like the best deal though.