Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Has anyone here played this game? I just started playing again last night after a two month break from it and I'm getting hooked again ;)

I think it's a pretty good game, but some parts of it I think they could have done without -- Like the mission where you have to go kill national guardsmen and steal weapons from the army base... That one shocked me a bit.

There are quite a bit of stories about kids who went out and did something stupid like shoot a prostitute because they saw it in a video game like this one, but I don't think I buy any of that crap. Parents should be picky about what games they buy their kids and make sure it's age-appropriate. If you as a parent can't teach your child to seperate fiction from reality then you shouldn't have kids in the first place.

There's always going to be someone blaming the entertainment industry for what their kid did though.

AdrianDevulge

Re: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Qoute from Toxic "Yo, thats wack! Sheet me and the ballers be rumblin over some turf...Ah hell, I forget to eat and work out now my sex rating is going down." It is amusing to watch, that much I know.

PhantomLord

Yeah its a fun game. Basically the character James Wood's plays in the game is supposed to be in the D.O.D or N.S.A...some really secret goverment orginzation and as always The Regular Army are portryaed as a bunch of schmucks.

But it annoys me during the riots when I run out of bullets. Theres never enough.

Lucidus

I have seen some reports that suggest that violent crime has decreased since the development of vilolent videogames. Unfortunately I didn't save the link.

Keroscene

I wonder if there have been any studies done on the increase of violent tendencies from girlfriends when trying to play a game.

Keroscene

Well first off I'll need a girlfriend, the last one split while waiting in line outside of Electronics Boutique at midnight so I could pick up a copy of Halo 2 on it's release date. :D

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

You could always try one of those "Meet Hot Singles" phone services they advertise on TV late at night. Women talk free! LOL those commercials crack me up.

San Andreas comes out on the 7th for the PC... For some reason I'm tempted to do the same thing and get it at midnight even though I already have the PS2 version. My girlfriend thinks that's retarded, but she doesn't understand that you can MODIFY the PC version... An entire Heggy city... Yes, it would be glorious.

*gag*

Also, the PS2 version's textures and models are dramatically scaled down compared to what they're supposedly putting on the XBOX and PC versions. I like to have pretty graphics when I go carjacking.

Keroscene

Yeah I have Vice City for the pc with the Ultimate mod. I really liked how they put the world trade centers in the map and totally reskinned all the cars to look like street racers. The aiming for the pc is much better also as they did away with the auto aim. The only thing I didn't really like about San Andreas was that it felt like the cars would slow down too fast when you would hit a pedestrian as opposed to the slow down in Vice City. However I did love the Harrier Jet wparachute and the Jet Pack. I think they stole that Jet Pack from Duke Nukem: A Time to Kill for PS1. That DNTTK game for PS1 is a time travel game, it's a great game and runs nice on a PC PS1 Emulator.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I used to play Vice City on my computer all the time when I still had my game pad... Freakin' start button got jammed in the casing and I ruined it trying to get it out. I'm going to get one of those PS2 to USB controller adapters sometime this month though, gotta get ready for San Andreas ;)