Gray Aliens, Technology, Humans and Time Travel

JeffreyG63

Time once more for a peek into this mind of mine.

Ok so I've been doing some thinking about people and aliens and society in today's age of technology, and I've come to some conclusions. We as a people WILL invent time travel. For ages men have been seeking the secret to break the time barrier and i am convinced we will do it. Aliens?? Nope don't think there are aliens, I think those little grey men are actually humans from the future.

We sit inside all day on our computers and in front of our big screen tv's. We let our children play on their phones in their rooms constantly. We have become a society that is more involved in our social apps than our social lives.This is the type of thing that causes humans to evolve in mind and body. Our heads evolve to hold more brains to hold more knowledge. our eyes become bigger to see more of the screen and smaller print and bigger pictures. Our flesh begins to become paler as we avoid going out in the sun. Our voices disappear as we cease communicating. Our fingers become longer as we type more and more using our hands to communicate rather than our voices. Eventually we develop telepahy so we can talk with just our minds. Our muscles atrophy as we become less active. We become softer as we have destroyed our natural enemies and no longer need to fight for survival.

Then we see what we have become, we see how we have changed and we realize it is to late to be what we once were. We realize we have destroyed our world with our lack of care for the planet, and we realize we need to change our behavior before it gets to this point. So our bravest and brightest band together and we work tirelessly to finally break the time barrier, and we do it. We find the answer we have sought for millenia and we go back in time. We try to tell our ancestors to change. Try to tell them you need to get away from the computers and the tvs. We try to reason with them and show them what they will become. We try to show them there is life outside if you would just go out and seek it. We try to show them the beauty of their own world.

There is a problem though. We no longer speak the same language. we no longer use our mouths to communicate, our vocal cords have gone the way of the appendix and no longer work. We fail, and doom ourselves to this life of solitude and bleak despair. We also create the very occurrences that brought us to this point. By coming back to warn ourselves we show ourselves the very same small grey men we thought were aliens. Thereby driving us to seek those aliens and try to communicate with them through technology. the very technology that dooms us.

TimeFlipper

Welcome to Paranormalis :)..
I enjoyed reading your comments..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@JeffreyG63 - I also enjoyed reading through your post. Although while it's possible some aliens are time travelers from the future, my firm belief is there's got to be other alien races that are more advanced and intelligent than us humans. So I agree a lot, but I disagree a little.

Kairos

A few things to support the notion that (granting the hypothetical existence of these creatures) they must necessarily come from the Earth or not be biological creatures.

1) they are humanoid creatures, either a kind of hominid or the creation of hominids.
2) If biological aliens actually set food on the Earth, they would contaminate our biosphere possibly forever. There would be no hiding it. The evidence of contact would be manifest and quite obvious. But that has not happened.
3) We do not actually know if time travel is possible, but neither do we have any idea whether it is easier to travel through time than it is to travel great distances across space. We have some idea of how to travel across space, and we know the costs (which are pretty steep if we use something like the Orion Drive). It's possible that traveling through time could be cheap relative to that, which would greatly increase the probability of our observing time travelers before we observed aliens.
4) We do not know exactly how life begins from organic matter. Thus we have no idea what the probability is that life emerges on another world. We have no idea what the probability is that an alien biosphere will evolve intelligent species, and even then the probability that the intelligent species will be a technological species like our own. The probability could be so remote that time travel becomes a far better explanation (again, assuming there is anything to this).
5) Zero-one law dictates that if time travel is possible, then there is a very good chance they at least briefly travel through our time.

The idea that biological aliens have ever been here strikes me as silly beyond belief. Not saying the above doesn't sound silly too, but I am starting with the assumption that these things are real in the first place.

TimeFlipper

Can you please clarify, why using the Orion Drive would dramatically increase our chances of meeting Time-Travellers, before observing Aliens?..

Kairos

Can you please clarify, why using the Orion Drive would dramatically increase our chances of meeting Time-Travellers, before observing Aliens?..

I did not say that. I said:

We do not actually know if time travel is possible, but neither do we have any idea whether it is easier to travel through time than it is to travel great distances across space. We have some idea of how to travel across space, and we know the costs (which are pretty steep if we use something like the Orion Drive). It's possible that traveling through time could be cheap relative to that, which would greatly increase the probability of our observing time travelers before we observed aliens.

We have some idea of the cost to travel to a nearby star since we technically have possessed interstellar propulsion since the 1960s. With that 1960s technology that got shut down as a result of the Test Ban Treaty, we could feasibly get to nearby star systems at a cost that is most of the weaponized nuclear material on the Earth right now (very expensive).

We do not know the cost of time travel if it is even possible. But assuming it possible, it could also be possible that the cost of time travel is significantly cheaper than the cost of interstellar travel. This would change the relative probabilities a great deal, since a dramatically cheaper cost of traveling through time rather than across space would drastically increase the probability that we observe time travel instead of interstellar travel (aliens).

JeffreyG63

@JeffreyG63 - I also enjoyed reading through your post. Although while it's possible some aliens are time travelers from the future, my firm belief is there's got to be other alien races that are more advanced and intelligent than us humans. So I agree a lot, but I disagree a little.
Yes but my theory is that the future humans are more advanced and intelligent than the current humans. Thats why they are able to time travel and we arent. Thats why all the the aliens that have been reported have resembled humans so closely. The most reported aliens have been humanoid with gray skin and minimal to almost atrophied muscules. The gray skin is from not getting sunlight and the loss of muscle is from using their minds and robotic workers.

Kairos

Yes but my theory is that the future humans are more advanced and intelligent than the current humans. Thats why they are able to time travel and we arent. Thats why all the the aliens that have been reported have resembled humans so closely. The most reported aliens have been humanoid with gray skin and minimal to almost atrophied muscules. The gray skin is from not getting sunlight and the loss of muscle is from using their minds and robotic workers.

It's the lack of contamination of the biosphere that would be your strongest argument, if one is to just flat-out admit that these things are real (which is kind of a pointless assumption). You are left with two general sets of possibilities: (a) they are machine intelligence built to interact with humans without contaminating our biosphere, or possibly the construction of more machine intelligence; (b) they are from the Earth and there is no contamination. It doesn't narrow it down to your conclusion, but you really can rule out our being visited by biological entities.

Biological entities visiting each other's alien biospheres would be like the planetary equivalent of raw dogging it with a Thai prostitute. It would be really, really bad and I suspect if there are any laws in this galaxy applicable to all it would be to not contaminate biospheres.

Link

This was a great read, it resonates, and is very plausible, however, I can't help but feel that future humans would enslave us in the very same control system we find ourselves in today.