Media Gun Confiscation Begins in California

TnWatchdog

When they take guns, they don't pay you for them. That's wrong. Mine was expensive.
One thing for certain due to 'rules' we have made it easy for them to gather up these dreadful weapons (lol) by providing a list of who has guns ...registration and permit lists that have your name and address on them. Of course, I see the need for knowing if a felon is trying to get a gun...we are sort of protected this way, or so it appears. Fortunately there are some who have guns that are not on these lists but they will be out gunned.

walt willis

Just throwing this on the table. How about using the anti-gun folks for target practice?
I am afraid that you got it all wrong as the pro US constitution folks have been the target for many years and now the trigger is being pulled.
The pro USA folks are marginalized, demonized, and discredited in the media on a daily basses.

The leftist are on the move and they want us a targets...We just need to wake up and smell the gun powder!

Ayasano

Personally, and I say this as someone from the UK where ALL offensive/defensive weapons are banned, with the sole exception of guns meant for hunting, pest control or sports that have to be locked up, I'm in favour of both the right to own guns AND gun control in the form of extensive mental health/criminal background checks, and training to respect said guns and what they can do. I'm all for your right to defend yourself as long as guns don't end up in the hands of people who would use them against innocent people.

As far as open carry goes, it has its ups and downs. In the curent climate with fairly loose gun control, someone openly carrying in front of me would honestly make me fearful for my safety. However, if I knew the person carrying the weapon had to have gone through checks and training, I would feel much safer, possibly more so than someone not having a gun at all, since it would make a criminal think twice about doing something.

(Even our police don't carry guns except for small teams deployed in very dangerous situations. Normal police are trained to handle situations non-violently or non-lethally where possible, which I think is a plus. On the other hand, the vast majority of criminals don't have guns either, so we have one of the lowest rates of gun crime in the world)

Harte

Personally, and I say this as someone from the UK where ALL offensive/defensive weapons are banned...
Must be hell eating your steak-and-kidney pie with fingers only.

I mean, fish and chips I could see, but bubble and squeak?

Give me a fork, at least, for God's sake!

Harte

Ayasano

Personally, and I say this as someone from the UK where ALL offensive/defensive weapons are banned...

Harte

I should clarify, knives and such are only considered offensive/defensive weapons if you carry them with intent to use them on someone, or if they're above a certain length. I personally have a 15cm long decorative knife on my wall that could very easily be used as a weapon in a pinch. It's only illegal if I carry it as such outside my home. Stunguns, pepper spray and police batons are examples of items banned outright, as their only purpose is as a weapon.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/186911/Knives_and_offensive_weapons_information_GDS_FAQ.pdf

Ayasano

So, not even a giggle?

C'mon!

Harte
Ah, I thought you were being aggressively sarcastic and so gave a civil reply. The funny thing is, I actually do eat with my fingers for the most part, because I mostly eat solid foods, and prefer the way it feels. (I wash my hands before and after, of course) Things like burgers, chips, fish fingers, a lot of stuff with breadcrumbs or batter. Thank goodness for frozen food because if I actually had to cook for myself I'd starve. (I know how to, but most of the time I simply don't have the energy, time or patience) On the rare occasion I eat something messy I'll submit to using a knife and fork or spoon though. Like cereal, or pie. Mmmm, pie...

Ayasano

Here that folks?

Told y'all the Brits are uncivilized!

Ha. I'm a little unusual. I don't even like Tea. (Though chocolate biscuits are awesome, even without anything to dunk them in!)

chocolate-digestives.jpg

IroncladMarshmallow

Harte

I should clarify, knives and such are only considered offensive/defensive weapons if you carry them with intent to use them on someone, or if they're above a certain length. I personally have a 15cm long decorative knife on my wall that could very easily be used as a weapon in a pinch. It's only illegal if I carry it as such outside my home. Stunguns, pepper spray and police batons are examples of items banned outright, as their only purpose is as a weapon.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/186911/Knives_and_offensive_weapons_information_GDS_FAQ.pdf
How are women supposed to protect themselves from rape?! I know you have an insane muzzie problem over there. We have our own problems over here. But women must be allowed to protect themselves or there won't be any left.