Guys it was in front of our eyes the whole time

John Titor Letter 177 tempus edax rerum

Tempus is a Latin word meaning time

Edax is a Latin adjective meaning "greedy, gluttonous, rapacious, voracious".

Rerum Novarum (from its first two words, Latin for "of revolutionary change"[n 1]),

Why did titor write his good bye letter 2 days before that date?

10 March 2001 22:35

Dear Fellow Time Travelers:

In about 30 days, I will be leaving this worldline to return home to 2036. I first want to say thank you for the wonderful conversation and insight into your society. I have learned a great deal and my opinion on quite a few things has changed dramatically.

I will finish the questions that have been posted on this site up to this date. Unfortunately, I must now spend my spare time preparing to leave and I will not be on the computer very much. I do however want to repeat my offer and add a slight twist.

After going over my flight plan home, I have discovered my VGL holdover period is a bit longer than I expected. I will be spending at least three weeks in April of 1998 as I make my way back to 1975. Therefore, I not only offer you the chance to leave a message to yourself in 2036 but I offer you the chance to leave yourself a message in 1998. I will take any compiled messages and email addressees you provide and send them on the net when I get to 1998.

Granted, this will not affect you on your worldline now but you make take some comfort that another "you" on another worldline has the advantage of knowing something you wish you knew three years ago. Based on the earlier questions I've seen, I've decided a day-to-day record of the Dow a day in advance should convince you that the messages are real in 1998.

In addition, I am hopeful a series of photocopies and photographs will be available for you that may give you more insight into the technology of the distortion unit. I will let you know the address of the site when it is available. I also plan to have my parents videotape my departure. If they succeed, it will also be posted after I leave.

I look forward to these last few weeks with my family and I will check in periodically to check this site.

Live in Peace 2001,

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Tempus Edax Rerum means approximately "Time Devours All", yes.

One could pre-write a goodbye letter. I'm not seeing what your getting to here. Could you kindly explain further? Thanks. :)

Your name 1.61 (onesix?) is interesting, btw.

Incidentally, I don't really know if that Youtube video is legit. I mean, we've all seen it, but can anyone verify where it actually came from?
Just wondering.

Snow

I'm willing to entertain, rather than dismiss, almost anything. What will you say if/when the video of his departure ever turns up?

Has anyone from P2P, especially Pamela Moore, ever commented on the significance of the b-52's? Sigh . . . that's what I get for not keeping up! That and a lot more real time :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Apparently the secret song was by the B-52s. But only Pamela knows for sure. And it's something only Pamela can use to verify anyone who claims to be John Titor. But so far to date all John Titor wannabees have failed the secret song test.

As for the departure video, well, Larry Haber claims to have seen it. And he now owns the rights to the story. But he has never shared the departure video publicly or with Pamela to my knowledge.

Since Larry is a professional Lawyer or Liar as the case may be. I take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
People SAY the secret song was the B-52's but I keep telling you.... if it's a secret, NOBODY WILL KNOW except Pam and Titor. Why does it matter anyway? Just thinking about this. Why are people so obsessed about a song?