Had another altervu

paradox404

I randomly felt dizzy during this last week or so, didn't realize I'd had an altervu. (It's been probably like 3 years since my last). Anyway, I was looking at memes and noticed that spain was in the wrong spot, so I looked at the map and realized that it wasn't the only thing out of place. From what I understand, the particular geographic configuration I remember is somewhat common among people experiencing the Mandela effect.

So here is some of the obvious changes that I've noticed:

Geographical:

Japan is too far north. Australia appears to be further north, New Zealand is too far south. Greenland is way too big. Spain should be sharing it's Eastern border with France. (Rather than having that bay I've never heard of.) There's a few big islands in the Mediterranean that shouldn't exist.

China had a bit of extra land in Mongolia, but also in the eastern part, where a bay exists. Beijing wasn't as close to the sea.

In fact I remember last year or the year before there there was talk of someone making the crossing between Australia and New Zealand by kayak, a feat frequently attempted by the brave (And probably stupid). You could do it from Queensland NSW or Victoria. Now, there's no mention of it, it's just simply too far on this Earth.

Political:

Mongolia was half the size.
Indonesia didn't have as many islands as it has here. They were owned by other countries if I recall correctly.
Bangladesh was about a third of it's current size
Germany and Poland were more of a square. (Czech republic was smaller.)
South Africa's northern border was more flat.

Other:

Gravity was 9.7m/s rather than 9.8m/s (I put that number into orbital simulations)
My Earth was 77% water, rather than 71% (I watched documentaries on it, particularly one that flashed 77% on the screen with a background of the ocean.)

I've included a satellite map that i've edited to look like what I remember.

Attachments

• my earth.png
    my earth.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 6

paradox404

I've since done some research and found other differences between this earth and what I remember. I also found out 99% of what I remember correlates to something this earth has called called the "Old Earth" Theory. Only difference being Spain. Other old earthers solved my issue with Asia as to the location of Korea.

I'll update the map later on because of the stuff I've noticed. I've got a lot of work left on it apparently.

Treversal

That dark area shows what our traditional maps look like and the light area shows their true size

paradox404

What about the fabled land north of New Zealand?

You talking about Asia? There wasn't anything directly north of New Zealand on Old Earth, at least not nearby. With new Zealand where it is, "The Land down under" makes no sense being given to Aus, as New Zealand is further south than us.

A few other things I've noticed:

Zealandia was more ovular on Old Earth, new Zealand was more or less directly in the center.

The Philippines had more islands, and was contained in a more rectangular pattern.

Also, the story of the man from Taured happened on my Earth too, but he never had a heart attack. They interrogated him and released him to the hotel, where he disappeared along with his documents.