Had Emergency Surgery 2 Weeks Ago

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey there,

Haven't been around much in the last 2 weeks. Thought I'd share what happened to me.

I had intense belly pain on Sept 17th, so much I had to go to the ER. It was my appendix. Before going to surgery though, I had to pass a COVID-19 test and wait for the result.

Passed the test in the morning of Sept 18th, had to wait until 10PM+ for the result. By that time, my appendix had burst and peritonitis was starting. I was poisoning myself from the inside. They finally rushed my to surgery, even though the COVID-19 result still wasn't in yet. The operation took quite a long time because the doctor had to do a lot of cleaning in order to remove all the pus and infection inside my tummy. She told me I could have died if they kept waiting.

They let me out the next day, I'm at home for a month without working. Can't carry anything heavy for 6 weeks. Man, that's a long time. It did hurt a lot for more than a week afterwards, so I understand why.

Last week I had to use a walking frame to walk because I was in pain and dizzy due to the ton of antibiotics they had me take. It took all my energy just to stand up and walk. Moving around with a walking frame is a pretty humbling experience, believe me.

Now I'm able to move properly, but slowly. My belly still hurts when I sneeze, so I gotta be careful.

This makes me appreciate when I'm healthy so much more. It never crossed my mind that such a thing could happen out of the blue. But it did. Enjoy when you're healthy, it's a gift. Too bad it took me this to realize it.

Take care, see you around!

TimeFlipper

Thank goodness you are still around and with us, I was very worried when I first read out your new thread :cry:...Your moderators have been doing a good job, so there is nothing to worry about :cool: :)..

I hope you noticed that Poison Apple made a rare appearance yesterday, it was great seeing her and saying hi to her again!...Recover quickly Num7, you know everyone on Paranormalis is sending out our positive vibrations to you :)..

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Ugh, what a terrible thing to be going through! And I can't believe they delayed surgery to test for Covid! What, if you were positive they wouldn't have performed the surgery?? I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Good health is a blessing, indeed.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thank you everyone for the kind words. :) ClassicalFan and Mayhem are doing a great job, I didn't have to worry about the community a single second. ;)

@PoisonApple Good to see you! :) Hope you've been doing well!

If I came up as positive, they would have taken special precautions for the surgery. But, since in the end, they didn't wait for the result, they took those precautions anyway and set things up as if it was a COVID-19 surgery simulation. Apparently they couldn't wait any longer, as my life was in danger. They just had to do it.

Pretty scary stuff indeed. :eek: