Hand rules for the electron

abebarker

I had to come up with my own hand rules for the electron because there were no hand rules for the electron. Current thinking is backwards.

The index finger of the right hand indicates the direction that the electron is moving. The thumb is the direction of the magnetic field, for the earth the magnetic field comes out of the south pole goes up and enters at the north pole. It it just the opposite of the north seeking pole and south seeking pole of a bar magnet. The rest of the fingers naturally curl in the direction that electrons will be deflected by the magnetic field.

These are much more natural and intuitive gestures than the current hand rules use.

I HAD to come up with my own hand rules to even be able to think clearly about electricity. It was not long after I came up with these rules that I recognized the principle that I call the fluxcapacitor effect.

Attachments

• 121687035_10220956619738525_5789282929689969628_o.jpg
    121687035_10220956619738525_5789282929689969628_o.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
In the last 10 years or so, this information has been mostly eviscerated. Michael Faraday discovered this information on his own. For over a century the rule to follow was called the left hand rule. Please bare in mind that the charge on an electron is variable. It can be given a positive charge thus allowing it to escape its bond to an atom. An electron will naturally return to its native state by giving up the positive energy imparted to it. In the left hand rule, the electrons usually returning to ground would be the direction your thumb points. The fingers in the left hand curled around denote the direction of the magnetic field. The right hand rule is used for the proton moving in the direction of an electric field in free space. The magnetic field direction denoted by the curled fingers on the right hand.

There is no 3 direction description provided by Faraday. If you come across a 3 direction description, just consider it to be bullshit.

abebarker

In the last 10 years or so, this information has been mostly eviscerated. Michael Faraday discovered this information on his own. For over a century the rule to follow was called the left hand rule. Please bare in mind that the charge on an electron is variable. It can be given a positive charge thus allowing it to escape its bond to an atom. An electron will naturally return to its native state by giving up the positive energy imparted to it. In the left hand rule, the electrons usually returning to ground would be the direction your thumb points. The fingers in the left hand curled around denote the direction of the magnetic field. The right hand rule is used for the proton moving in the direction of an electric field in free space. The magnetic field direction denoted by the curled fingers on the right hand.

There is no 3 direction description provided by Faraday. If you come across a 3 direction description, just consider it to be bullshit.
Wow! You are a lot like the real Einstein. Wonderful!

Although, I have to admit I don't get what you are talking about.

abebarker

This is known as the Right Hand Rule and has been used for over a century by physics and engineering students.

Harte
Actually, the right hand rules (there are several different ones) used for over a century are different. The previous ones were dealing solely with current. They were useless to me because there is no particle that goes in the direction that current goes.

Thanks for your input.

abebarker

These are the hand rules for the electron. They are the only hand rules for the electron in the entire world, that I have seen. If you know of any previous rules for the electron then please let me know.

If you want rules for protons or positive charges then simply swap these rules to the other hands.

I had to invent these rules so that I could think clearly about electricity. What about everyone else? Are they simply not thinking of electricity? If they are thinking of electricity then are they hitting an impasse? These rules allowed me to recognize the fluxcapacitor. Is that why everyone else had not recognized the principle? Were they 'damned' at an impasse?

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
This is known as the Right Hand Rule and has been used for over a century by physics and engineering students.

Harte

You could try using that rule when replacing your car battery. Although it will probably wind up costing you a lot of money when you realize you connected the battery backwards, thus blowing out every computer and other electronic devices in the car.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Actually, the right hand rules (there are several different ones) used for over a century are different. The previous ones were dealing solely with current. They were useless to me because there is no particle that goes in the direction that current goes.

Thanks for your input.

There is deliberate confusion created by the academic community concerning current flow and electron flow. Prior to the deliberate confusion it was a matter of scientific fact that current flow and electron flow were one and the same, and flowed in the same direction.

Harte

Thanks for your input.
Electrons go in the direction of current flow.
But the right hand rule applies to electrons under the influence of an electromagnetic field, just as it applies to the magnetic field associated with electron flux.

It's all the same rule, just different applications.

Harte