Happy ST Patricks day to you all.

TnWatchdog

Might be a yank thing never heard of any of those. Seen the green beer makes you puke stick to the black.
What? Green Eggs and Ham is a Dr. Seuss book, bars around here serve green colored beer on St. Patrick's Day, and the classic leprechaun movies... a must, need to see. hahaha

TimeFlipper

Can we have green bacon?

I have a true small story to relate from 1966 when i was provisions manager at a Fine Fare Supermarket in the UK..
All of the bacon we had at that time came from Denmark, but during a particular month i received a small amount of Irish bacon which was literally sent to me in a sack like material...:eek:

When i opened up the sack material, not only did it smell of fish, but the rind of the bacon was actually green!!...My first thoughts were that the "green" was caused by the first rotting stage of the bacon, but when i tried to remove it by washing i discovered that it wasnt rotting...The green substance penetrated the rind by about 1/16th of an inch.....o_O

I phoned the company who had sent that Irish bacon to me and asked them to take it back, and i wanted the reason as to why it stank of fish....The bacon was picked up very quickly and the driver explained to me that the fish smell was due to the pigs being fed on "fish meal" which was supposed to have increased the lean part of the bacon....He also went on to explain that the "green part" of the rind was also brought about by feeding the pigs on fish meal...We never had Irish bacon again (n) :LOL:..