Harte's Titorific Thanksgiving

Harte

You're right Dog, it's about time to start this old thread up again. My turkey comes out of the freezer in two days and into the fridge. Pie dough this weekend.
After that, it's a waiting game (for two days.)

Harte

Harte

And so it begins...
Funny-Turkey-Pics.jpg

Harte

Harte

First, a little thread repair. Several images disappeared because I linked them. This time I downloaded it so:
To continue on the the Paraturkalis vein, I hope the ghostbusters among us don't think I've forgotten them.

Oh, no no no. You know who's coming to "visit" you on Thanksgiving night after everyone's settled down to bed, don't you? You feel the tension, the angst oozing from every pore. A sudden heaviness in the air. Your eyes swim. Your Harte pounds as if trying to escape its bony cage.

The wind is blowing. The house is creaking. What's that strange feathery ruffling sound coming from under your bed?

You know who it is!

bird.jpg

ghost turkey.jpg
But don't worry yourself too much. As old Ebenezer said, "There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"
"You don't believe in me," observed the Ghost.
"I don't." said Scrooge.
"What evidence would you have of my reality, beyond that of your senses?"
"I don't know," said Scrooge.
"Why do you doubt your senses?"
"Because," said Scrooge, "a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheats. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"
The Dickens you say! (About 2/3 of the way down the page.)

Harte

Harte

Another pic that disappeared:
For the wearers of the tinfoil chapeau, just because you're a paranoid nutjob, that doesn't mean they're not coming for you!
(Couldn't find the pic in the original post. Truth is, I can't remember what it was so...)

paranoid turkey.jpg

Harte
Crazy-Turkeys1.png

Last edited: