Creativity HDR Adventures: Short Stories of Time Travel

Doc 05

Zenith
I have always wanted Patricia Ress and Steven Gibbs to contact all the owners of an Hyper-Dimensional Resonator (HDR) and solicit FICTIONAL short stories. These stories would all involve the use of the HDR and would allow the owners to write down on paper all the dreams, fantasies, and tall tales (whether based on actual HDR sessions or not) that would normally get ridiculed immediately.

So here’s your chance to tap into that suppressed author in you and channel the spirits of Lovecraft, Asimov, H. S. Thompson, and Spillane and share those ideas with those whom would enjoy it.

It doesn’t have to be a complete story either; an opening paragraph, a witty line, a clever dialogue, even an idea for a story, anything dealing with an HDR. To include; “I can’t believe I spent good money on this junk!”

Good luck and good writing ;)

Doc 05

Zenith
“I can’t believe I spent good money on this junk!” I murmured to myself as I surveyed the pile of electronic mumbo-jumbo commonly known as the Hyper-Dimensional Resonator or HDR.

Developed by a “mad inventor” by the name of Steven Gibbs at his parent’s farm in Nebraska, the HDR was a combination of radionics, caduis coils, a wishing well, and a scary two handed electromagnet, all powered by 110 volts A/C. Oh yea, and I forgot to mention the Time Coils, a coiled wire headband to “connect to the brain and subconscious of the user to the HDR”.

I had heard of the HDR on some late night talk radio show and always viewed it and the subject of time travel with entertainment and skepticism. But during this past Veteran’s Day in a moment of melancholy while looking at old photographs from my tour in Vietnam, and aided by a bottle of scotch, I decided to purchase a HDR unit.

After a convoluted and sometimes confusing phone call to Mr. Gibbs and the wiring of $360.00, the deal was set, and the wait was on. A mixture of apprehension, excitement, and buyer’s remorse filled my thoughts over the next few days. Would this work, could this work, what have I done?

The package was left on the doorstep; it was a lot heavier than I expected. I brought it in and sat the package on the kitchen table. I hesitated in opening it with thoughts of returning to sender and requesting a refund, but I went with the “I’ve come this far” attitude. I unboxed the HDR unit, time coils, electromagnet, instructions, bar magnet, and of course; a double terminated quartz crystal.

I was going to need some coffee for this. After a fresh cup of “joe”; I settled down to reading the fantastical and sometimes vague instructions, with its talk of rubbing plates, stick reactions, and vortexes. My doubts were starting to resurface.

With the unit plugged in and powered up and the time coils placed around my head (over my “third eye” in fact; whatever that is). I had selected a photograph of myself and my two army buddies from Vietnam to place in the witness well along with a penny from 1963 and the supplied crystal. I felt silly and hoped no one would drop by during my “experiment”.

I was truly startled when during my tuning of the HDR, while making small circles with the index finger of my right hand on the “Rubbing Plate” and turning the dials with my left hand, while asking “What are the rates and frequencies to reunite me with my army buddies”, my fingers came to a complete stop on the plate. My fingers were stuck like glue to the plate, I moved the dials back and my fingers started to slide freely again. I moved the dial back to the position and my fingers again stuck; that was weird. I tuned the second dial with similar results; this was starting to get even more strange.

I took a deep breath, nervously turned on all three switches, and placed the electromagnet firmly over my naval and waited the required three minutes.

And then nothing happened; I felt disappointed, duped, pissed. Had I done something wrong, missed a step, what was it? A full moon, I needed a full moon, that was it. I checked the calendar and it was in fact the day of the full moon, what went wrong, it should have worked. A vortex; where cell phones loose coverage and cats bathe in the sun, that’s what’s missing, a vortex.

I’ll try again later, maybe tomorrow, after I find a vortex; if I can. I was exhausted and needed a rest. I moved disappointingly to the living room, almost a shuffle, somewhat in a daze. My cat was a little in dignified as I caused her to move as I flopped on the couch and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

I was abruptly awoken to the distinct sound of a rocket propelled grenade whizzing past my head, followed by a thundering explosion. The smell of gunpowder filled the air, along with the screams of wounded men; I wasn’t in Kansas anymore.

TimeFlipper

I have always wanted Patricia Ress and Steven Gibbs to contact all the owners of an Hyper-Dimensional Resonator (HDR) and solicit FICTIONAL short stories. These stories would all involve the use of the HDR and would allow the owners to write down on paper all the dreams, fantasies, and tall tales (whether based on actual HDR sessions or not) that would normally get ridiculed immediately.

So here’s your chance to tap into that suppressed author in you and channel the spirits of Lovecraft, Asimov, H. S. Thompson, and Spillane and share those ideas with those whom would enjoy it.

It doesn’t have to be a complete story either; an opening paragraph, a witty line, a clever dialogue, even an idea for a story, anything dealing with an HDR. To include; “I can’t believe I spent good money on this junk!”

Good luck and good writing ;)

Excellent posting!...Personally i have never believed that such a device like the HDR, could transport a person safely and precisely accurately forwards or backwards in time...And that Patricia Ress you mentioned, also stated in one of her "fictional books" that the HDR is a "scaled down version of the Philadelphia Experiment!" :ROFLMAO:..

How about you being the judge, in your own opinion, for the best short time travel story writer? :)(y)..

FarOutThere

Great Story Doc! :ROFLMAO:

And that Patricia Ress you mentioned, also stated in one of her "fictional books" that the HDR is a "scaled down version of the Philadelphia Experiment!" :ROFLMAO:..

Gibbs himself implies it as a scaled down version of the Philadelphia Experiment, that being the title of his first report. I can't speak to the comparison, but I have found great benefit in studying Gibbs reports very closely. Despite their absurdity, interesting points do arise.

Doc 05

Zenith
Excellent posting!...Personally i have never believed that such a device like the HDR, could transport a person safely and precisely accurately forwards or backwards in time...And that Patricia Ress you mentioned, also stated in one of her "fictional books" that the HDR is a "scaled down version of the Philadelphia Experiment!" :ROFLMAO:..

How about you being the judge, in your own opinion, for the best short time travel story writer? :)(y)..
Thanks for your comments;

As for the HDR vs. a "Proper" Time Machine: its like comparing the Gemini space program to the Apollo program: could you get to the moon with Gemini, maybe, but it's going to take a lot of extras and things in your favor, and then less than a 10% chance of success.

And the HDR depends a lot on the super computer between your ears; with any skill set practice and repetition is key.
Just like you won't succeed on doing wheelies the first time you ride a bicycle; you can't expect to achieve anywhere close to time travel on the first use of the HDR. There is a learning curve to its use.

As for Patricia Ress; she is an author, an author of esoteric and fringe subject books. Steven Gibbs was a trending subject of the time (magazine article) and she was able to get ahold of him (along with being located nearby). She based her research on what Gibbs had written and personal interviews. During these interviews an HDR session was performed (rates and frequencies to be able to see another's aura). And after this session the typical HDR "strangeness" ensued.

Finding this forum has rekindled my research into the HDR unit and its "strangeness".
Whether this "strangeness" is from the supposed "orgone" effects of the caduceus coils, electronic stimulation of the brain, a radionics reaction, or a combination of "all of the above", is to be determined (if it can).

As for my favorite Time Travel authors: Alas, my library is mostly of the technical and reference type, with little novels.
However, H.P. Lovecraft shares a special place in my library; his wide range of subjects while still sating in the occult arena, along with his use of period news and science articles as bases for his works, always enthralls me (and the protagonist usually goes mad). ;)

Again, thank you for your comments and kind words.

Mayhem

Zenith
Look at it from this perspective with so much interest and conjecture on the subject of the HDR many condemn without even owning one.

Many have spent more on other things than the given price.

Buts thats their choice, ask for evidence., but then radionics was banned in the USA a long time ago.

Out of the supposed 800 units reported sold in 2004 and many more since i would suspect a person may have used it once and it sits somewhere out of sight.

Anyway the debate continues.

Doc 05

Zenith
Look at it from this perspective with so much interest and conjecture on the subject of the HDR many condemn without even owning one.

Many have spent more on other things than the given price.

Buts thats their choice, ask for evidence., but then radionics was banned in the USA a long time ago.

Out of the supposed 800 units reported sold in 2004 and many more since i would suspect a person may have used it once and it sits somewhere out of sight.

Anyway the debate continues.
Costs as much as a used firearm and just as dangerous.
Improperly used, you could hurt yourself and others. ;)

Doc 05

Zenith
FICTIONAL NEWS STORY

“Pizza Delivery, Just In Time”

AP Boulder City, Co: Can’t wait for pizza delivery; a local pizzeria may have your answer - via Time Travel.

With the passage of the legalized recreational marijuana, local area pizzerias are booming. But how does one stay competitive in this fast growing market; even faster delivery times. One local pizzeria; “Just In Time Pizza”, has a gimmick torn from the pages of science fiction; pizza delivery right after you hang up the phone.

We talked to owner; Nicola Gibbs for this incredible story. “Dude, just imagine, you and your bros are passin around a bong doin swats and your like wow, lets order a pizza.” “And as soon as you place your order, there’s a knock at the door and there’s your pizza, hot and fresh”.

How’s it done; simple, the phone lines are routed through what is known as a Hyper-Dimensional Resonator which allows the operator to receive the phone order 30 minutes prior to you placing the call. This allows the pizza to be delivered “just in time”, or even before you think of ordering.

“The only drawback,” stated Gibbs, “we can only have our operators spend about 3 hours on the HDR or they develop a slight twitch and some loss in vision, but it goes away.”

So there you have it; pizza delivery via time travel; what’s next, Chinese take-out.

Only time will tell ;)