HDR Black Box Dimensions

FarOutThere

Hi Chrononerds,

Is anyone able to share the precise dimensions of the black HDR container,
from one of the standard Gibbs devices?

As accurately as possible.

I would like to forge my own that is identical in the first 3 dimensions, namely height width and depth.

TimeFlipper

Hi Chrononerds,

Is anyone able to share the precise dimensions of the black HDR container,
from one of the standard Gibbs devices?

As accurately as possible.

I would like to forge my own that is identical in the first 3 dimensions, namely height width and depth.

Would you clarify what you mean about the "black HDR container" please :)...
There is only one member on Paranormalis who has built several HDRs, and he is excellent at building electronics, i will see if i can get him to help you @steven chiverton

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

The plastic rectangular enclosure that contains the electronic components.

:coffee:

Thanks!

Of course, i should have realised that!! DOH :rolleyes: :LOL:...
The only excuse i can offer was that my posting to you was made after a continuous 14 hour research session, consisting of several lengthy messages to NASA and others regarding 2 radio telescopes in Australia that were in use during the first faked Moon landing in 1969...The rest of my time was taken making endless cups of coffee and researching the Goddard Space Centre in Greenbelt Maryland, that not too many people are aware of, handled all of the radio TV and telemetry communications traffic between the Moon and Houston....More about that at a later date :)..

FarOutThere

Of course, i should have realised that!! DOH :rolleyes::LOL:...
The only excuse i can offer was that my posting to you was made after a continuous 14 hour research session, consisting of several lengthy messages to NASA and others regarding 2 radio telescopes in Australia that were in use during the first faked Moon landing in 1969...The rest of my time was taken making endless cups of coffee and researching the Goddard Space Centre in Greenbelt Maryland, that not too many people are aware of, handled all of the radio TV and telemetry communications traffic between the Moon and Houston....More about that at a later date :)..

Hah! I WAS surprised to have to clarify. Either way it sounds like you are into some cool stuff. Do keep us updated. Your day doesn't sound completely unrelatable from my own.

About the Black Box I will have to settle for 'approximate' at the moment, unless someone with a classic HDR can help a brother out with some hyper-accurate measuring tool, aka a ruler. That video left me slightly unsatisfied.

TimeFlipper

Even though i personally have reservations about the HDR, i dont believe that there are any critical measurements for it..
Provided you make sufficient space to house the potentiometers and their dials, plus a few on/off switches, a coil and maybe a witness well, i think you should be alright :)..

You could always pop onto the internet and type in, "Images of an accurate 1 Foot Ruler", and you will find the picture of it :)..