HDR Black Box Dimensions

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Thank you for that! Hopefully I can find a perfectly sized case for a reasonable price.

I believe Keystone makes phenolic cases like the ones Gibbs uses. I checked a chart and the case number is 701 and the cover number is 2038. I think I got mine from Mouser electronics. Not sure. It could have been Digikey or Newark. The price at the time was around 25 dollars. Probably more by now.

FarOutThere

I believe Keystone makes phenolic cases like the ones Gibbs uses. I checked a chart and the case number is 701 and the cover number is 2038. I think I got mine from Mouser electronics. Not sure. It could have been Digikey or Newark. The price at the time was around 25 dollars. Probably more by now.

Quite right, it looks like I found some locally for about that price.

701 Keystone Electronics | Boxes, Enclosures, Racks | DigiKey

Although a cover seems to be lacking.

TimeFlipper

Blimey, i forgot that you made an HDR! :cool: :D..

TimeFlipper

The price in the US for a plastic black box with a lid is scandalous!!..:mad:..
I can buy from a shop in the UK, an identical black box already complete with a lid for a mere $8.14!!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The price in the US for a plastic black box with a lid is scandalous!!..:mad:..
I can buy from a shop in the UK, an identical black box already complete with a lid for a mere $8.14!!

There is a difference between a phenolic resin enclosure and an ABS enclosure. I think that is the reason for the price difference. I used to buy enclosures from Radio Shack. They used to use ABS enclosures. I tried to build a Tesla coil using ABS pipe for the main coil. Practically no inductive output at all. It does suggest that ABS plastic will interfere with the electrical characteristics of the device it will house.

FarOutThere

I can answer the original question now, to mm accuracy.

Confirmed by my good self, with advanced measuring devices.

135 x 174 x 58 mm

In case anyone in the future finds this useful, here it is!

Enjoy...