HDR capacitor and caduceus coil

Username

I have a question about the capacitor needed for the HDR. I know it's a polyester/film 1uf250V but I don't know if that 250V is AC or DC. Does anyone know the model number for the capacitors used.

Also when I'm winding up the caduceus coil should I go clockwise or counterclockwise? I'm gonna fold a magnet wire in half and wind it up with a drill and assuming the drill should be rotating forward (clockwise) but I'm not sure.

Lastly, when winding up the electromagnet, my understanding is that you start winding up from the bottom of the 1" diameter, 7"long iron rod and go up to the top and then back down and cover that with tape. Then you do that 7 more times effectively making 14 layers or 7 layers depending on how you count it. Is this correct? Should it be 7 layers or 7.8?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The capacitor is WVDC. Radio Shack #272-1055

I made my caduceus with an electric drill spinning in the forward direction. It must be correct because I successfully got a stick reaction when tuning.

Wind the electromagnet >up and back< 7 times with 21 gauge magnet wire. Insulating each layer with tape. It should measure 11.2 ohms on a multi-meter.

Username

I made my caduceus with an electric drill spinning in the forward direction. It must be correct because I successfully got a stick reaction when tuning.

Wind the electromagnet >up and back< 7 times with 21 gauge magnet wire. Insulating each layer with tape. It should measure 11.2 ohms on a multi-meter.
Awesome, thank you so much for your help!

Username

For my time coil I'm trying to decide between a 5' flat coiled lan cord, specifically this one:

Or a 10Amp, 125Volt, 8ft, 18 gauge coiled extension cord

(https://assets.tripplite.com/product-pdfs/en/p006c08hg10.pdf)

With the LAN cord, I'd probably plug it into a standard LAN jack where it connects to the HDR and then solder all of the 8 tiny wires together but I'm not sure those little wires and connections could handle the volts/amps. At worst I might electrocute my brain or something whereas the extension cord seems too beefy but I could use it with the banana sockets. Do you know which option would be closest to the machines Gibbs use to build?

Alternatively, I could abandon both those options and try to find some guitar leads...I heard that's what he used

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
For my time coil I'm trying to decide between a 5' flat coiled lan cord, specifically this one:

Or a 10Amp, 125Volt, 8ft, 18 gauge coiled extension cord

(https://assets.tripplite.com/product-pdfs/en/p006c08hg10.pdf)

With the LAN cord, I'd probably plug it into a standard LAN jack where it connects to the HDR and then solder all of the 8 tiny wires together but I'm not sure those little wires and connections could handle the volts/amps. At worst I might electrocute my brain or something whereas the extension cord seems too beefy but I could use it with the banana sockets. Do you know which option would be closest to the machines Gibbs use to build?

Alternatively, I could abandon both those options and try to find some guitar leads...I heard that's what he used

I tried the LAN cord originally. Doesn't work due to the wire being so fine it easily breaks. Your second choice might work. I used coiled guitar cord. I got that info from HDRKid. He said that Gibbs used coiled guitar cord. You only need enough for the head coil. I used straight lamp cord to connect the head coil to the HDR.

Username

View attachment 15585I'm going to build a real time machine expriment. I used three waveform generators to generate a three-axis Helmholtz coil.Have you heard of Nicholas 3,6,9 frequency theory?
I’ve only heard that the secrets to the universe lie in the numbers 3,6, and 9. I’ve just discovered that the Helmholtz coil has the ability to cancel out external magnetic fields like that of the earth which I thought was impossible. It looks interesting and promising. Do you have anymore information about this thing you’re planning to build, maybe some schematics? Let me know how it works out