HDRKid II

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: hdrkid

hdrkid said:
Hi Numenorean7:

I am back by pop request. How is all with you?
Hi there kid, good to see you !
I'm going fine, what's up ?

Since the time travel section is a bit too quiet, I thought it would be interesting to ear your stories once more, like we used to on TPN.
As you see, the place hasn't changed all that much, except for the number of posters.
As soon as we get more active members, the place's gonna be like it used to be.

We heard nothing about Titor lately, nothing about time travellers, we need TT !!!
In my opinion, the HDR must to be a fraud: time travel can't be that simple, but like some say, I never tested it, so I can't possibly know if it really works or not.

Whatever I believe, it interests me anyway, because I like to talk and think of time travel, time machines, etc. :)

Num7

HDRKID

Predictions for 2019
If we prevent the nuclear war of 2015 from occuring our world will be quite different than now.

Computers will be multicore and multigig. Yes, I know that in 2001 you could buy a quad core server, but most computers sold were single core. Old software will have to be rewritten to take adavantage of computers with 256 cores. The hard drive will be museum tech, SSD will replace HD. It is much faster uses less electricity and has no moving parts.

Car will be much smaller than now, with ultracompact econocars and microcars the leading sellers. The tiny SPV or single passenger vehicle replaces the big SUV. Most filling stations sell gasoline, not diesel, ethanol, natural gas, or hydrogen. Trains are used for hauling cargo as many truckers are gone. Some high speed rail is built, but not nearly enough. Roads are in bad shape as asphalt is very expensive. Major CONCRETRE highways are OK.

What happened to electric cars? Good question - see the Ford Think, that was Detroits answer to the Smart Car.
21st Century Cars - Ford Th!nk

Sadly there are few electrics in 2019, but many cars of the future have AUTOmover drive and are robotic controlled with GPS and AI, they look like the smart car. There are many microcars and econocars in the future.

Medicine will take off with genetic engineering and artificial/clone organs. Many new chemicals will de discovered. Much research into nanomed will start to yield success by 2019. One of my favorite things is tiny probes that are injected into people. Doctors (USA) make a lot less money than now. Medicine is socialized.

Taxes and prices much higher than now, but salaries are lower (in real dollars) as well as fewer jobs. Companies continue to outsource jobs to low wage countries. Firms further "downsize" the work force. They relo factories outside the US and are constantly readjusting workers pay in a downward direction to be more competitive, as this is the perennial nonsolution. University degree is less valuable because most work can be outsourced. The jobs that cannot be outsourced are in many cases staffed by robots. Think your grocery store with self checkout. This trend leads to less workers. We see this in gasoline stations where you use a credit card to pump your gas never going inside to "bother" the cashier. In the future vending machines sell cameras, music players, etc. Malls forced to compete with internet shed many workers and automate sales. The transition is ugly and some malls fail. Due to super high price of gasoline many people stay home rather than go to a restaurant. Many jobs are from home, but the pay is low. Many people downsize from a big brickhouse to a tiny trailer. Not only are new trailers very energy efficient, but taxes on big houses are astronomical. For example, an old retired couple in Florida was paying $1000/yr in taxes in 2001, but by 2008 it was $6,000 in taxes, by 2019 it will be $30,000 in taxes. This be very very hard on fixed income families. Many old ladies have been thrown out on the street because they cannot pay their taxes. As the government runs out of money for social security this problem will become worse. The governments solution will begin to execute old people for being - nonproductive citizens. Also crippled and retarded will be executed.

Schools will be filled with gang member delinquents so even poor families will attempt to send their children to private schools. Due to money problems schools will have ancient computers like the one in front of you and most teachers will barely make enough to survive. Books will be old and worn. A few schools in rural areas will be over the internet to save on gas. Bus service will cease. Cities will not have money to pay fuel for police officers so bicycle become more common. Poor people use scooters to get around, some are electric, but most use gas. Seeing students drive to school in scooters is common in the future. Both food & fuel shortages are common, so fuel is rationed. You wait for hours in line to get a loaf of bread. Rich people have generators in their homes as blackouts are common.

Due to the poor quality of air, an oxygen truck delivers o2 to people. Sales of air filters and concentrators are common by 2019. Martial law is in place and people must carry ID. Protesting against the government is illegal, also strikes are illegal - think China. :eek:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

30.000$ in taxes seems just impossible, is gaz going to be 150.00$ per gallon ?
If people can't pay their taxes and buy gaz, I don't think they'll send their "gang members" kid to the private school !?!

Why 2019 ?

Num7

HDRKID

Hi Numenorean7:

Part of it is inflation and part is higher taxes. For example, you paid $1/gal for gas in 2001 and in 2008 you paid $4/gal. Yes, there is inflation, but also real costs go up. For example in Indiana the sales tax in the 60's was 2%, but now it is 7% and soon will be 8% because manufacturing is shutting down, like for example, the Hummer plant in South Bend Indiana.

Texas has a sales tax of 8.25%, but there is no state personal income tax, and big oil is paying a lot in tax; also in Florida there is no state personal income tax, but there is a tourism tax on hotels. In Florida a trailer lot that paid $200/yr property tax in 2001, now pays $2000/yr in tax.

Prices have gone up, but not ten times, the taxes are going up much faster than inflation. I see a future where people pay much of their salary in tax.

As for the gang members; they go to public school to sell drugs not to study. In private school people are required to get good grades and study hard - those that cause trouble get kicked out.

In the future gasoline is rationed. It is hard to get even on the black market. Not sure of the price, but I do know that electricity is expensive before they get fusion generators (2080's). It is said that wind generators can create electricity at 40 cents a kw/hr versus 4 cents for a coal plant. Current average price for electricity in US is 8.5 cents per kw/hr. I know that in 2026 a dozen eggs after the war costs 1 oz of pure gold. Also the salary for common labor is 5 gold ouncer coins per day. If the average person now gets $100/day, that would make a dozen eggs cost the equivalent of twenty bucks.

Population of US in 2026 was five million due to wars, famine, disease, and an asteriod hitting the earth.

I saw in the future people were eating algae pellets. Other viewers have seen the same thing, not sure why this will happen.:cool:

hdrboxg2.gif

gl100

Oh my, I see that Dr. Doomass's traveling idiocy show has come to town. Better pack up the babies and grab the old ladies and lets everyone go.

I would have thought that your pathetic showing at time travel institute would have been enough embarrassment to last anyone a lifetime, but, apparently not. For those of you that have missed it, you should check out Zippy's pathetic drubbing at the hands of rainman and darby at tti. The thread is in the fiction section. Apparently they didn't have an imbecile's bullshit ramblings section. Anyhoo, Zippy, just a few pointers on your post:

hdrkid said:
Hi Numenorean7:

Part of it is inflation and part is higher taxes. For example, you paid $1/gal for gas in 2001 and in 2008 you paid $4/gal. Yes, there is inflation, but also real costs go up. For example in Indiana the sales tax in the 60's was 2%, but now it is 7% and soon will be 8% because manufacturing is shutting down, like for example, the Hummer plant in South Bend Indiana.

Well actually this is, as par for the course for you, total meaningless crap that says nothing and explains less. The increased demand, coupled with the lower dollar and some speculative dealings are what brought about the $4.00 gas in 2008. BTW braniac, 2001 gas was averaging $1.50 to $1.80 for the year. Last steady $1.00 gas was back in the nineties but why let facts get in the way. Also, while the 60's sales tax in Indiana was 2%, what was the average person's disposable income. Bet it was alot less that it is now. Oh, and the rise in the sales tax really has nothng to do with GM shutting down a Humer plant (which is still open btw). It was actually brought about as an attempt to counter the effects of caps being placed on rising property taxes. But again, why dicker with facts? They only cloud the issue.

Texas has a sales tax of 8.25%, but there is no state personal income tax, and big oil is paying a lot in tax; also in Florida there is no state personal income tax, but there is a tourism tax on hotels. In Florida a trailer lot that paid $200/yr property tax in 2001, now pays $2000/yr in tax.

If you care to check Zipwad, or even if you don't care to check, the sales tax here in Texas is actually 6.25 %. All local taxing authorities are allowed an additional 2% max to add to it for infrastructural costs. Some small towns and communities only have an 8% sales tax. But hey, what do I know I've only lived here most of my sixty plus years. With rgard to your trailer lot example, how much did the trailer lot increase in value in those 7 years?

Prices have gone up, but not ten times, the taxes are going up much faster than inflation. I see a future where people pay much of their salary in tax.

Again, this is one of your idiotic, don't know what the hell I'm spouting, run-on sentences. I'm guessing that instead of price here, you actually mean value. Also, most reasonable and prudent people try and keep inflation at bay so taxes rising faster than inflation means what?

As for the gang members; they go to public school to sell drugs not to study. In private school people are required to get good grades and study hard - those that cause trouble get kicked out.

You know, this would sound much better if you said it while doing a Sgt. Joe Friday impression and ending the sentenece with "Ma'am" Probably wouldn't hurt to have the Dragnet theme playing in the background. It would stil come out as absolute, meaningless idiocy, but it would at least be entrtaining.

In the future gasoline is rationed. It is hard to get even on the black market. Not sure of the price, but I do know that electricity is expensive before they get fusion generators (2080's). It is said that wind generators can create electricity at 40 cents a kw/hr versus 4 cents for a coal plant. Current average price for electricity in US is 8.5 cents per kw/hr. I know that in 2026 a dozen eggs after the war costs 1 oz of pure gold. Also the salary for common labor is 5 gold ouncer coins per day. If the average person now gets $100/day, that would make a dozen eggs cost the equivalent of twenty bucks.

How is it that you've claimed that you can't really see specifics such as lottery numbers but you can pinpoint the cost of a dozen eggs in 2026?
BTW, I would go back and re-check your avg US electricity price. Seems a mite low. But you've offset it with your wind generated price from 20 some odd years ago. It's just a tad lower these days. Damn those pesky facts!

Population of US in 2026 was five million due to wars, famine, disease, and an asteriod hitting the earth.

An asteroid! You've added a new twist. Wars, famine, disease AND an asteroid! Now that is some serious doom shit right there.

I saw in the future people were eating algae pellets. Other viewers have seen the same thing, not sure why this will happen.:cool:

I saw in the future where algae farms were springing up all over the place because of all the craters left by the wars filling up with water and such. Obviously the dead bodies from famine and disease were put in these craters and served as natural fertilizer. Once the asteroid hit, the atmosphere warmed up the fertilized water and voila!, we got algae growing out our diseased ridden emaciated wazoos. Sopus on!

I looked into the future Zippy and the good news is that none of this is coming to pass becaue, well, you're an idiot. The bad news is that , well, you're an idiot. Starting to see a pattern?

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Hey, we've been a while without seeing the kid, is he lost in time ? ;)

Keroscene

Numenorean7 said:
Hey, we've been a while without seeing the kid, is he lost in time ? ;)

I think its a she.

I for one wish they would come back. GL100's posts are some of the funniest Ive ever read and HDRKid brings out the best in him.