Heart Attack Signs and Symptoms

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Heart Attack Signs and Symptoms

The descriptions of heart attacks in the popular media are deceptive: Chest pain is not the only sign of a heart attack. There are a wide variety of heart attack symptoms. Experiencing any of these discomforts might mean your heart and life may be in immediate danger:

1 Upper abdominal pain or upper back pain, especially prevalent in women

2 Shortness of breath

3 Dizziness

4 Left shoulder pain or numbness; an ache down the left arm or into the jaw

5 Chest heaviness, tightness, squeezing, burning, pressure or discomfort

6 Palpitations of the heart (beating fast or irregularly)

7 Tight throat or a lump in the throat

8 Cold sweat

9 Nausea

10 Sense of impending doom

11 Weakness.

Be especially wary if any of these discomforts begin in a subtle manner but intensify over several minutes. It is a bad sign if your pain or discomfort is NOT worsened by deep breaths, pressing on your chest or movement of the body area where the discomfort is taking place. In all of those cases, you should seek medical help immediately.

TnWatchdog

Yeah, my last heart attack I had 3, 5, 8, 9, and 11. I remember standing up and falling to the floor but 5 was the worse. It happened on a weekend so I didn't do anything until Monday. Once at the doctor's office I couldn't sign my name so had an ambulance ride to the hospital and was in the ICU for a week. lol

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I hope we can save the lives of some of the members, knowledge is power.

In February 2001, I had my heart issues, I was just hours or days away from a heart attack.
One of my arteries was 95% closed and now today I have three small stents in my artery and
more medications that I care to think about, I take every day.

TnWatchdog

I just got out of the hospital due to chest pains yesterday. I still have them but will now need to work things out with medicine due to blockages they found with the stress test.
I only wanted to post this with a warning...diet is everything...stay with a Cardiac Diet.
Stay away from sodium and cheese. I put cheese on everything, not good. I enjoy cooking so may do more healthier choices. Oh yeah...if you smoke, quit or you will likely end up in the ER with heart disease.

Attachments

• 20170802_144507.jpg
    20170802_144507.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4

MetaMatrix

The Man of Esoteric Knowledge
I just got out of the hospital due to chest pains yesterdsy. I still have them but will now need to work things out with medicine due to blockages they found with the stress test.
I only wanted to post this with a warning...diet is everything...stay with a Cardiac Diet.
Stay away from sodium and cheese. I put cheese on everything, not good. I enjoy cooking so may do more healthier choices. On yeah...if you smoke, quit or you will likely end up in the ER with heart disease.

Thanks for a very helpful information! Hope that other members sees this.