Hearthstone

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey,

I gave Blizzard's collecting card game Hearthstone a try this week and I kinda like it. Since it's supposedly a pretty well known game, I was wondering if anyone here happen to play it?

Let me know what you think of it.

Thanks!

titorite

I play it on occasion. Ive played it for around 5 years now. So I actually have a collection of cards because Im not spending money on it. Not for what they charge for 5 cards... BUUUUUT I can say do the tavern events always hit all your challenges. and uh do the solo quests. That will net you the highest return for cards. Also when you have enough spare cards, spare good cards, the disenchanting and enchanting can make things useful and even OP.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Nice!

Do you have several decks, for instance, one for each class? Or do you only have one favorite hero class? I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to specialize or select a hero class.

titorite

Most of the time I use the preist or the witch.. Direct damage is OP and direct healing is OP Also the witch is the only one that has counterspells in the form of traps so thats cool . You can spec into any of them but Id avoid the necromancer... two life for a card is just worthless in my opinion and I rarely see people try it and often I win against them. Typically I only make it to like 18 in ranked play so theirs that. MAde it to 17 once. Those that pay for cards have a distinct advantage. THe preist has this one card combo I mostly use to win, Double the life points of a creature. so I throw it on a creature that already has high life points. Then a second card. Attack equals strength. I throw that on it and bam I get a 10 /10 or a 20/20 and thats pretty damn satisfying... when I can execute it. Fucking rouges.. Rouges have the assignation card so sometimes its all for naught . Its all really just a matter of how the cards fall.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Nice combo, I'm trying to wrap my head around that and a few other things.

I like the witch up to now, she feels pretty balanced and effective against most other classes.