Hello Everyone

iamonarch

Welcome. Who is Eliohim? :)

--I probably shouldn't say this, mainly because this is an introductory posting--by the way, "Hello, Elohim's Servant, nice to meet you"--and I'm not sure if you're really asking or just pointing out that Elohim is actually a plural and thus the singular possessive suffix renders the intention of its use unclear (read: sarcasm), which in turn raises a whole bunch of probably unintentional questions about the user themselves, BUT...Elohim is essentially "El," God, but plural, as the "im" suffix indicates "more than one" in Hebrew, e.g. Seraphim, Nephilim, etc. Therefore, "Gods," and thus Elohim's Servant is literally (though grammatically in error) "Servant of the Gods," but things get really, really complicated when people start trying to point out that, actually, considering Judaism is a monotheistic religion, Elohim refers to the singular ADONAI, or "Lord," but if that's the case then why the phrase, "Let US create man in OUR image," in--well...yeah...it get's outta' hand fast.
--...I'm sure the user intends it to mean God, though, so the answer to, "Who is Elohim?" In short, "(the Judeo-Christian) God."
--(I'm almost certain you were being sarcastic, though, so...sorry--I just felt compelled)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
--I probably shouldn't say this, mainly because this is an introductory posting--by the way, "Hello, Elohim's Servant, nice to meet you"--and I'm not sure if you're really asking or just pointing out that Elohim is actually a plural and thus the singular possessive suffix renders the intention of its use unclear (read: sarcasm), which in turn raises a whole bunch of probably unintentional questions about the user themselves, BUT...Elohim is essentially "El," God, but plural, as the "im" suffix indicates "more than one" in Hebrew, e.g. Seraphim, Nephilim, etc. Therefore, "Gods," and thus Elohim's Servant is literally (though grammatically in error) "Servant of the Gods," but things get really, really complicated when people start trying to point out that, actually, considering Judaism is a monotheistic religion, Elohim refers to the singular ADONAI, or "Lord," but if that's the case then why the phrase, "Let US create man in OUR image," in--well...yeah...it get's outta' hand fast.
--...I'm sure the user intends it to mean God, though, so the answer to, "Who is Elohim?" In short, "(the Judeo-Christian) God."
--(I'm almost certain you were being sarcastic, though, so...sorry--I just felt compelled)

No, not sarcastic. I was curious. Thanks for the info!