Help building a divergence meter?

TimeFlipper

It seems you still don't understand basic multi world mechanics. Also last I checked a RNG doesn't spit out 42 every time it's used?

Let me explain the basic mechanisms at play. Every possibility is quantified in some fashion across a near infinite number of timelines. Each timeline has its own signature, its own variation of technology and thus certain timelines will have their own variations on the pseudo-RNG and some may even have actual ones. (Unlikely as the RNGs are based on some variable and you can't change this fact.)

Anyway, different timelines have different seeds, different algorithms etc. There would even be a timeline where you simply programmed a static number into the website. Anyway the concept I mentioned needs a large sample size is to maximize the number of potential results. In all these alternate timelines different events occur, regardless of the methods gone to create them.

What I am suggesting is the best modern technology has to offer. Anyway as I said you can't write a program to calculate something you yourself do not understand.

Forgive me for butting in mate, but do you happen to have a picture of Apri1s Divergence Meter, along with any info on it from her please?? :D

Apri1

It seems you still don't understand basic multi world mechanics. Also last I checked a RNG doesn't spit out 42 every time it's used?

lol. It does, actually. Given the same seed, the same algorithm, and same iteration, it will produce the same number. You can even predict what an RNG will produce, and use it to your advantage if you know the seed and iteration. Which is why usually we use the time as the seed, so that it's always new. But time travel just throws a wrench into that. With alternate timelines, the same seed will be used (same time), and the same iteration will be used (first iteration). As a result, the same number would be generated.

Let me explain the basic mechanisms at play. Every possibility is quantified in some fashion across a near infinite number of timelines. Each timeline has its own signature, its own variation of technology and thus certain timelines will have their own variations on the pseudo-RNG and some may even have actual ones. (Unlikely as the RNGs are based on some variable and you can't change this fact.)

Anyway, different timelines have different seeds, different algorithms etc. There would even be a timeline where you simply programmed a static number into the website. Anyway the concept I mentioned needs a large sample size is to maximize the number of potential results. In all these alternate timelines different events occur, regardless of the methods gone to create them.

What I am suggesting is the best modern technology has to offer. Anyway as I said you can't write a program to calculate something you yourself do not understand.

Ah. I see your issue. You're relying on the RNG code to differ in whatever timeline I end up finding myself in. That's.... not a very reliable way to go. I can't imagine it'd really differ that much. But who knows. I have had recent suggestions for a sort of modified RNG, which sounds interesting. I'll have to set something up and see how it goes.

paradox404

lol. It does, actually. Given the same seed, the same algorithm, and same iteration, it will produce the same number. You can even predict what an RNG will produce, and use it to your advantage if you know the seed and iteration. Which is why usually we use the time as the seed, so that it's always new. But time travel just throws a wrench into that. With alternate timelines, the same seed will be used (same time), and the same iteration will be used (first iteration). As a result, the same number would be generated.

Ah. I see your issue. You're relying on the RNG code to differ in whatever timeline I end up finding myself in. That's.... not a very reliable way to go. I can't imagine it'd really differ that much. But who knows. I have had recent suggestions for a sort of modified RNG, which sounds interesting. I'll have to set something up and see how it goes.

You generate the numbers on a local pc, your different self has a different pc, or parts are different speeds, different part number. Maybe add that into your number. More variables the better.

Besides I never actually said my design is perfect I just said that is better than your design and actually said mine isn't perfect.

TimeFlipper

This is a pet project of mine for quite some time now. Mostly brainstorming, and a bit of experimentation. Unfortunately my efforts haven't succeeded quite yet. I'm looking to build a functional and proper divergence meter (such as the one in the anime Steins;Gate). But I'm unfortunately at a loss. Perhaps a bit due to my lack of physics knowledge, as well as my inability to quickly test my experiments.

My first attempt has been to take hashes of various files that contain content that I know differs among various timelines. Using those hashes I then construct a larger 'divergence value' which I can observe. To date, the number hasn't changed, despite changing timelines. Partially because much of the content remained the same, but also due to the lack of resolution within the files (that failed to capture the smaller changes).

You can find the meter itself, along with the source code on the ZeroNet site it's hosted: http://127.0.0.1:43110/1B2G4C4wiygqq87AMeExdwyiSLeVPksKj4/

You'll need ZeroNet to access the site.

View attachment 7289

If anyone has any ideas for the next version and test, I'm all ears. So far I've received a recommendation to try: taking a battery from one timeline to another and then measuring the voltage (I doubt this would work, and I can't physically bring things between timelines anyway), and to measure the various traits of elementary particles (I see no reason this would work.)

All in all, a sad attempt. I can't seem to find anything clearly definitive of a particular timeline, and it seems most time travel claims fail to even address the topic and question.

@paradox404....Thanks for posting the picture mate, but as you can see, it was already posted in Apri1s very first posting on Paranormalis..
This is where things dont add up...After Apri1 second paragraph where she is talking about "her" divergent meter, she then says...

"You can find the Meter itself, along with the source code on the ZeroNet site its hosted"
And then she goes onto say...You`ll need Zeronet to access the site...

So why should she give us details of where to find her own Divergence Meter, when it is the same one as the one in the picture that she posted?, and you can clearly see it on this page i have sent you!! :D..

Paradox404, iam very impressed with your obvious knowledge on matters that relate to the Divergent Meter, and many of replies you get from Apri1 are to say that you dont know what youre talking about, which in my humble opinion, is the classic symptom of a hoaxer..
@Einstein You were perfectly correct in saying that Apri1 first needs to understand what time actually is...(y)

There were two other things Apri1 mentioned, Meta Time, which was an abstract term used in the Farscape TV series, relating to the person in that series, Einstein...EinsteinFS.jpg who states that, Meta Time can manipulate time in any reality, plane, dimension or universe, including realities that dont yet exist, and inside of a dream world..

The other thing was a, Qualia Flow Selector, which the nearest thing to that terminology is a mechanical valve, not really suited for electronic purposes thumbnail.jpg :LOL:...

Apri1

You generate the numbers on a local pc, your different self has a different pc, or parts are different speeds, different part number. Maybe add that into your number. More variables the better.

Besides I never actually said my design is perfect I just said that is better than your design and actually said mine isn't perfect.

Depends on the RNG algorithm. Most don't actually have anything to do with the parts of your computer.

@paradox404....Thanks for posting the picture mate, but as you can see, it was already posted in Apri1s very first posting on Paranormalis..

That's what I said lol. Can y'all read? I clearly posted all this in the opening post.

This is where things dont add up...After Apri1 second paragraph where she is talking about "her" divergent meter, she then says...

"You can find the Meter itself, along with the source code on the ZeroNet site its hosted"
And then she goes onto say...You`ll need Zeronet to access the site...

So why should she give us details of where to find her own Divergence Meter, when it is the same one as the one in the picture that she posted?, and you can clearly see it on this page i have sent you!! :D..

Because the picture is a screenshot of the meter, whereas the page actually has code that runs. You have asked for a picture of it, and as such a I provided a picture as requested. Why is that suspicious? That's literally exactly what you asked me to do. I'm also confused by why you put "her" in quotes. It's my meter. I coded it. I can easily change the site if you don't believe me.

Paradox404, iam very impressed with your obvious knowledge on matters that relate to the Divergent Meter, and many of replies you get from Apri1 are to say that you dont know what youre talking about, which in my humble opinion, is the classic symptom of a hoaxer..

When I say he doesn't know what he's talking about, I'm referring to computer science. Not the divergence meter itself. If I was a hoaxer, why would I bother with such a bland story? Why bother with my various projects that I kept to myself for months? You can clearly see the last modification date was february 9th. There are a few people here who know what's up. But they aren't in this thread haha.

There were two other things Apri1 mentioned, Meta Time, which was an abstract term used in the Farscape TV series, relating to the person in that series, Einstein...View attachment 7316 who states that, Meta Time can manipulate time in any reality, plane, dimension or universe, including realities that dont yet exist, and inside of a dream world..

I've never seen the TV series you're talking about. The term "meta time" is what I came up with. Since it's quite literally time outside of time. Or the time of time. It's entirely unrelated to your later claims. Meta time is merely the clock that manages observation of qualia. It runs separate from spacial/physical time.

The other thing was a, Qualia Flow Selector, which the nearest thing to that terminology is a mechanical valve, not really suited for electronic purposes View attachment 7317:LOL:...

Yeah that's not really what I'm referring to haha. This one is a bit harder to explain. A "qualia flow" is the chain of observed qualia that follow along a particular personal timeline. Namely these flows are created via memory, which chains each moment together. The qualia flow selector is then the thing that determines and distinguishes the order of the observation of these flows.

So to achieve meta time travel, what you'd want to do is create a new qualia flow, and then switch the qualia flow selector to follow it instead of the other possible flows. Very straight forward in theory, much harder in practice.

TimeFlipper

@Apri1 No disrespect intended, but in my humble opinion you are a very clever hoaxer, and i have no further interest in what appears to me, to be your many fake postings, bye bye :) ..