Help building a divergence meter?

Apri1

Again you prove you can't read. I said you'd need at least one million iterations plus a series of number bouncing and modification algorithms plus external variables to calculate divergence. Here is where I mentioned the 1 million iterations:

You should perhaps write more clearly then. It sounds to me like you just want to generate a random number that's a million digits long. Which kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

No you don't have a mac in every timeline. That comment shows how little you understand about the multiverse. In some timelines you use Windows and others macs don't exist. Please educate youself on this topic before making youself look like an idiot.

This makes me die of laughter. I should have clarified. Yes, of course alternate me's will have different computers. However, in every timeline I have been to, I've had my mac. I was speaking from personal experience there. Not theory.

Also if you want an actual meter you NEED that many variables. You can remember at least some variables though.

Not much of a tool if you can't properly use it.

Your understanding of the topic has made me sceptical that you'll ever write an actual meter. You've failed to demonstrate basic multiverse knowledge so how can you possibly write a program to automate it?

I was actually thinking the same about you :LOL:. As I said, I have a meter. It just doesn't catch the differences I need it to. Also, an FYI: the multiverse is something entirely different. We're dealing with alternate timelines of the same universe, not different universes.

Again hashed numbers... i fail to see how you could remember all of them properly. i also fail to see the real world significance of them?

It's very easy to remember a 6-9 digit number. I have no problem monitoring the meter I have made. I find using a hash is easier than looking through all the source material every single time.

You wrote the "Variables" into the program. That is literally called hardcoding.

Except I didn't? It clearly reads and hashes files. The files are expected to change across timelines, which would then result in a different value.

Here's my question. Why would a RNG produce a different result in a different worldline? Why is quantum uncertainty different there?

It wouldn't. But he can't seem to understand why that is. His expectation is that the computer will be different. Which in reality I find isn't really true (things are actually remarkably similar).

If you're skilled in the fringe sciences you can get cold fusion and ftl communication easily.

I'd be interested to see ftl communication.

My advice is study those and why uncertainity is so easily defeated in some experimental setups. In my defense this is what optical quantum people are working on so intensely but they're doing it the hard way.

RNG methods could work but only due to the varying time speed influences upon white noise fluctuations. I'd just use that.

Take regular readings, do a statistical analysis and use it as a baseline. It's old-school but pretty easy.

Could you clarify this a bit? Thanks.

paradox404

You should perhaps write more clearly then. It sounds to me like you just want to generate a random number that's a million digits long. Which kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

This makes me die of laughter. I should have clarified. Yes, of course alternate me's will have different computers. However, in every timeline I have been to, I've had my mac. I was speaking from personal experience there. Not theory.

Not much of a tool if you can't properly use it.

I was actually thinking the same about you :LOL:. As I said, I have a meter. It just doesn't catch the differences I need it to. Also, an FYI: the multiverse is something entirely different. We're dealing with alternate timelines of the same universe, not different universes.

It's very easy to remember a 6-9 digit number. I have no problem monitoring the meter I have made. I find using a hash is easier than looking through all the source material every single time.

Except I didn't? It clearly reads and hashes files. The files are expected to change across timelines, which would then result in a different value.

It wouldn't. But he can't seem to understand why that is. His expectation is that the computer will be different. Which in reality I find isn't really true (things are actually remarkably similar).

I'd be interested to see ftl communication.

Could you clarify this a bit? Thanks.
Why am I not suprised that you have no idea what I'm saying? You have quite obviously not read my theory at all. Please read what I'm saying before making yourself look like an idiot. Although I guess my idea might be a bit too complex for you?

Again read what I'm saying. It's not one number. Do you know what the word iteration means? The numbers generated by the RNG is bounced between different mathematical formula selected at random and then based on features of the numbers. These numbers are weighted and plugged into a separate algorithm along with a number of external sensors and data to provide a number or signature.

You asked for a divergence meter. And yes you should clarify. Anyway an actual meter would still take that into account for larger divergences. Anyway my point was that you don't have the same stuff in every timeline. You can't expect to confidently say something incorrect like that and expect me not to correct it.

I could say the same about yours. You meter is useless in alternate realities and would fail to operate properly if you had a variation in the other one. It would tell you at best if there was a change based on the number on the other, IF it was any different and that is a big IF. As I've pointed out seperating your dataset from the program allows you to program in a function to give you an accurate percentage.

I use multiverse and timelines interchangeably. It's the same concept when you get down to it. Try and understand the 10th dimension and you'll understand why. Alternate universes are alternate timelines and vice versa.

Yes 6-9 number digits can be easy to remember, but numbers themselves aren't that useful. Your meter uses one type of source data, and has a limited set of data. (Like a few dozen?) Your meter has next to no chance for variation.

No your numbers would stay the same because YOU entered them. YOU enter them in alternate timelines. Also you have a small sample size, which leaves very little room for variations.

You still haven't read/understood what I'm saying. While a difference in hardware is a potential factor, the underlying assumption is not the computer but the background tasks.

Apri1. Seriously, READ. You don't understand ANYTHING about my idea. Now either you're just thick, want to make me look bad, or have an inferiority complex.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

@paradox404 I dont really know if this is going to be of any use to you, but seeing that White Noise was brought up within the RNG discussion, a "natural source" of that can be found on the VHF radio frequencies between 88 to 108Mhz...Most of the modern day receivers however have an RLS algorithm fitted to them which eliminates the natural White Noise (hiss)..

But if you have access to an old radio that you need to tune into the center frequency of a VHF Radio station to get rid of the White Noise hissing, use it, or buy a very cheap Chinese VHF/UHF handheld transceiver from which all of them allow White Noise through, but you can "squelch" it out (y) :D.......By the way, 50% of our Universe contains White Noise, and it is a correlating factor for Time Travel :eek: :cool:..

paradox404

@paradox404 I dont really know if this is going to be of any use to you, but seeing that White Noise was brought up within the RNG discussion, a "natural source" of that can be found on the VHF radio frequencies between 88 to 108Mhz...Most of the modern day receivers however have an RLS algorithm fitted to them which eliminates the natural White Noise (hiss)..

But if you have access to an old radio that you need to tune into the center frequency of a VHF Radio station to get rid of the White Noise hissing, use it, or buy a very cheap Chinese VHF/UHF handheld transceiver from which all of them allow White Noise through, but you can "squelch" it out (y):D.......By the way, 50% of our Universe contains White Noise, and it is a correlating factor for Time Travel :eek::cool:..

Interesting I hadn't of thought of that. Should i make a meter and figure out how to actually read the audio in a program as some numeric value, I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

paradox404

@paradox404 and @Apri1 For Goodness sake, get yourselves a private room if you want to constantly squabble with each other, you pair of incorrigable delinquents, behave yourselves!! (y):LOL:..joke

Lol we're just casually arguing over how to measure differences between two universes/timelines within 5th dimensional space. Is this topic getting any scientists here a little too excited? (If you know what I mean.;))

TimeFlipper

Interesting I hadn't of thought of that. Should i make a meter and figure out how to actually read the audio in a program as some numeric value, I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Frankly, i know very little about computers, i prefer trying to make something from a theory :D...
All i can think of is, you need to introduce the White Noise somehow into your computer whereby you dont need to change it into a numeric value....When i saw the White Noise mentioned, i thought it would always be just the White Noise per se, that was somehow placed into your computer system..no worries anyway :D..

TimeFlipper

Lol we're just casually arguing over how to measure differences between two universes/timelines within 5th dimensional space. Is this topic getting any scientists here a little too excited? (If you know what I mean.;))

You can argue ad nauseum over theories until doomsday :LOL:...why not simply agree to disagree with each other? :p :D..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I still fail to see the whole point for developing a divergence meter. How could you ever validate it's use? We don't have the ability to physically traverse between the alternate timelines.