Help building a divergence meter?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
My school education was almost a complete waste of time. But investigating a lot of the fake knowledge I was given has given me a lot of real knowledge that just points toward a conspiracy against us all.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

einstein you're disabled

king-size-homer.jpg

You are an abhorrent individual making comments to members about being disabled...You think that you can say anything you like to other members dont you!?!? :mad:

Apri1

I would start with assembling a body a facts to work with. Things that only appear to us to exist as a one way interaction would be a start. There is one thing I've noticed on an oscilloscope. An electromagnetic wave is a combination of an electric wave and a magnetic wave which follows the electric wave at 90 degrees later in time. I've never seen an instance where this is reversed. And I've never come across any literature that could account for this anti-symmetry arrangement. But if I wanted to develop time travel technology I would start with this first.

Please do keep in mind that my current goal isn't to build a time machine that can go backwards/forwards, but rather being able to switch between alternate timelines. I'm not sure why figuring out things related to anti-symmetry and the direction of time would help figure out how to switch which probabilistic outcome is actualized.

alright well remember, some of the supposed abductees remember changing a tire the entire time by the side of the road. They weren't abducted, the ufo overhead simply created a time dilation field causing them to experience 15minutes within the field but hours passed outside of it. Same time all electrical and electronic systems fail. They restart when the ufo leaves. It's changing the voltage of those systems. Sound familiar?

Intimate relationship between voltage and time.

You seem insistent that the solution is based in voltage, rather than something else. Could you explain how this works in timelines that diverge less? For example, within a single QM event we end up with two simultaneous results, with one "selected" to be observed. How would voltage differ in this? Why would some specific QM event somehow manage to change universal voltage measurements? I'm not seeing the connection there.

From what I see, both are near identical besides that one single event (and later diverge through differences in each, and eventually decohere completely).

A difference in voltage should result from universal constants changing, right? Or perhaps how humans managed to measure them (aka things changing/differing back when we discovered voltage). I'm still not really seeing how this ties in whatsoever.

Apri1

Yeah sorry it just doesn't seem like you know what you're talking about. I do realize my terminology and phrasing is a bit weird, my apologies. And yes, I'm referring to wave function collapse/quantum decoherence. There's no reason to think that there's only a single deterministic outcome, given the math results in two outcomes, neither with any sort of priority.

Are you claiming that universal charge constants change as a result of wave function collapse? Certainly then we should be able to observe the voltage of things while doing QM experiments, and note the connection? Shouldn't voltage measurements then be in constant flux and consistently changing, making electronics nonfunctional?

paradox404

The problem is, is that you would still need an ability similar to reading Steiner, or a time machine in order to accurately test whether the divergence meter works. Also, your best bet is to have a singularity and measure some constant within it, which should theoretically be using the same principle in every timeline, yet yeilding a different result...

Apri1

The problem is, is that you would still need an ability similar to reading Steiner, or a time machine in order to accurately test whether the divergence meter works. Also, your best bet is to have a singularity and measure some constant within it, which should theoretically be using the same principle in every timeline, yet yeilding a different result...

Right. The "reading;steiner" is very similar to the method I'm using to test. No time machine yet, but hopefully this is the first step to building one. Not sure what you mean by a "singularity". Could you detail a bit? Is this something I could do in my home?

This is just to make a toy based on the meter in the show. My goal is to build an actual divergence meter that can measure which timeline one is in. But it would indeed be cool to build a physical nixie tube display for it.

TimeFlipper

@Apri1 our member Einstein was absolutely correct when he said that in order to build a timeline divergence meter, you first need to understand what time actually is...We can discuss for years and years about the nature of time, and even come up with electronic or passive devices that operate within a conceptual framework of what time might be :)..

I really dont believe for one moment that anyone on Paranormalis or anywhere else for that matter, will be capable of providing you with details of a device that is capable of giving information on divergent Time-Lines, good luck to you however (y) :D..