Help building a divergence meter?

OmniBon

In order to keep something safe from hack what you would do is just keep a machine offline. You would just physically transport the information by hand from the machine offline to the machine online. In the case of cryptocurrency what you might do is create a rub golbrick machine to essentially use computing power of the offline computer, and robotically port the information to the online computer, which even that computer could be used to only send the work, but not receive it. I.e. you have to simulate the block chain with one portion being offline. You have to do this because of "middle man" hacking, i.e. you CAN NEVER BRING THE OFFLINE MACHINE BACK ONLINE OR YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO A HACK because the hack can reside on your machine offline and then run when brought online. So, you need robotics or manual porting to keep a machine offline indefinitely and control what information is sent and received.

This type of stuff is true about offline wallet generation especially, but I would just use a 3rd party like Coinbase that could insure your wallet. Ultimately, depending on the coin, like Monero, you will want to be careful how you A. generate a wallet B. load said wallet and C. spend crypto on said wallet and/or convert it to USD etc. Permanent offline storage or insurance etc, should always be accounted for.

Also, using your memory ONLY and never recording information is best practice. Hard, yes, but your mind with strengthen and it is more than entirely possible - entire books have been remembered this way for centuries.

Further in the case of cryptocurrency, you would want to download the full node and right your own mining script in C/C++ to be sure whatever miner you are using isn't compromised. Even with the offline machine this must be done because whatever is reported to the block chain likely is a result of the original mining script used etc. I.e. that is a point to be controlled as well.

Last for cryptocurrency, you rely on the full node itself to not be hacking you, but that isn't super relavant, because likely the majority of minors play by the same rules AND ultimately you are waying revenue (crypto mined and turned into USD etc) versus costs (power usage) to get the profit (USD earned after all fees and costs etc), so ultimately, you and others are just weighing profitability of playing the crypto game altogether anyway. So as long as you can get to the full node you are about as good as it gets, so long as you follow the above security precautions.

OmniBon

This is pretty much just nonsense. No. That's not how anything works. QM timelines have nothing to do with spacial dimensions.

In our other thread "There are no Time Travelers here.", a person is claiming to be some sort of interdimensional human here from another "brane" as they put it.

"an extended object with any given number of dimensions, of which strings in string theory are examples with one dimension. Our universe is a 3-brane. " - definition of a brane.

They also claimed there were like 60-something dimensions in there brane including "spacial dimensions" and "spin dimensions" which I believe they differentiated from our 3D physical dimensions.

I looked into it, and it does seem that leading scientists do have terms such as this. It would seem that the word "dimension" is the issue considering it is being used in many ways that are each some what unique.

The person also stated that time changes based on velocity or gravity etc. I would say that a change in the observance of the passing of a second, depending on velocity or gravity etc, is evidence of time being a substantial principle just like gravity or magnetism etc. Neil deGrasse Tyson has videos about this etc. Like seconds passing on Mars being different then seconds passing on Earth and that even GPS time accounts for gravitational time dilation, so he says, because the satellite has a weaker gravitational pull from Earth because of its distance? I think that is the jist..

And I think the supposed travelers idea is that you would travel to another dimension in the multiverse and it would be nearly identical as ours, except gravity and velocity ever so slightly different, which would lead to a change in time dilation, and over a long enough timeline that would add up to a larger difference in time. Further, that one would travel from brane to brane until they could get back to their original brane at a prior time. And I think they were insinuating that travel from brane to brane had something to do with virtual particles and string theory wherein you would make the improbable event of "matter" transferring from one brane to another happen intentionally for all the matter in a being. I.e. teleport a being with virtual particles to another dimensions that is moving at a different speed and therefore in the future or past, and do so in such a way, you get back to this brane in a prior time. At least, this is my simple understanding. I may be incorrect.

Whether the person's claims are true or not, what they are saying is an extremely interesting idea, with many verifiable facets.

Apri1

I know in 2011 the NSA was interested in Quantum computing to crack cryptographical algorithms. You'd also know that the Tor network has been repeatedly compromised despite being considered one of the most secure networks in the world. Aside from that, Javascipt. Your Javascipt is a *potential* vulnerability.

The rest of your comment is just pointless to respond to but this is hilarious. No, the javascript on my page isn't a vulnerability. It runs on your own computer, and is locally hosted by your machine. You can easily change the source itself for your local machine. There's no way to get my private key, or to hack my computer or network, simply by seeing the webpage.

But yes, you got me. My hosted website is managed via a public/private key system, and as such can be theoretically cracked with quantum computers. Just like every other authentication system on the planet. Totally a fault of my own, I'm sure.

I was trying to help you keep your computer safe from Apri1s attempted hacking, by using what little i know about Quantum Mechanics Cryptography :D

I don't intend to "hack" anyone.

Apri1

In order to keep something safe from hack what you would do is just keep a machine offline. You would just physically transport the information by hand from the machine offline to the machine online. In the case of cryptocurrency what you might do is create a rub golbrick machine to essentially use computing power of the offline computer, and robotically port the information to the online computer, which even that computer could be used to only send the work, but not receive it. I.e. you have to simulate the block chain with one portion being offline. You have to do this because of "middle man" hacking, i.e. you CAN NEVER BRING THE OFFLINE MACHINE BACK ONLINE OR YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO A HACK because the hack can reside on your machine offline and then run when brought online. So, you need robotics or manual porting to keep a machine offline indefinitely and control what information is sent and received.

My website is decentrally hosted. There's no specific machine to hack. Instead, you need my private key. In order to get that you'd have to identify my network and computer, and then hack it. And hope that my private key is on here and not handwritten or backed up somewhere and off my machine. But feel free to try?

In our other thread "There are no Time Travelers here.", a person is claiming to be some sort of interdimensional human here from another "brane" as they put it.

Indeed. I immediately contacted this user the moment I saw them. Unfortunately their ramblings have devolved into nonsense. It's very likely yet another hoax I'm afraid.

They also claimed there were like 60-something dimensions in there brane including "spacial dimensions" and "spin dimensions" which I believe they differentiated from our 3D physical dimensions.

Yeah just sounds like nonsense tbh.

paradox404

The rest of your comment is just pointless to respond to but this is hilarious. No, the javascript on my page isn't a vulnerability. It runs on your own computer, and is locally hosted by your machine. You can easily change the source itself for your local machine. There's no way to get my private key, or to hack my computer or network, simply by seeing the webpage.

But yes, you got me. My hosted website is managed via a public/private key system, and as such can be theoretically cracked with quantum computers. Just like every other authentication system on the planet. Totally a fault of my own, I'm sure.

I don't intend to "hack" anyone.

Lol yea your code is protected from hackers with no physical access if its on a local system with no Internet access. But anyway, Javascript is commonly used to accomplish various exploits. Anyway here is an interesting article for you.

Snyk - The Frequency of Known Vulnerabilities in JavaScript Libraries

This is why I say Javascript isn't a good choice. Known vulnerabilities and a program on the net. Excellent.

Anyway even if someone has a quantum computer they can't hack you at all if you're not on the internet lol.

Apri1

I'm not even going to bother correcting everything wrong in your latest post. Just please, educate yourself so you don't sound like such a damn moron when it comes to this stuff. I'd be happy to invite you to my discord server where we quite literally discuss P2P networks, how they work, what keeps them secure, etc.

Perhaps while you're at it you should read up on zeronet, so you can understand how my site is hosted.

paradox404

I'm not even going to bother correcting everything wrong in your latest post. Just please, educate yourself so you don't sound like such a damn moron when it comes to this stuff. I'd be happy to invite you to my discord server where we quite literally discuss P2P networks, how they work, what keeps them secure, etc.

Perhaps while you're at it you should read up on zeronet, so you can understand how my site is hosted.

*Programs something that's supposed to be a divergence meter into a webpage*

*Attacked an idea repeatedly without understanding it*

But yea mate I do understand how peer to peer networks work. The reason I mention about hacking is because Bitcoin was made by one person and we still dont *really* know who it is. One person is easy to influence. Influence can create backdoors.

OmniBon

You have a private key that you store somewhere that COULD become compromised.. am I missing something?

What you are saying isn't mutually exclusive AND being fully offline would BE MORE SAFE than you are now. That was my point. Some hackers are experts. The first step of hacking would be identifying your IP and/or your machine. "Targeting" is what it is called. The second step would be a search string search for an encryption matching the type used by zeronet. Like length for SHA encryption etc.

I don't understand A. your accusatory tone and B. how you don't get what I said.

And it made me upset to the point I made a sassy / rude comment and now have edited it to be less sassy / rude.

Last edited:

paradox404

You have a private key that you store somewhere that COULD become compromised.. am I missing something? What you are saying isn't mutually exclusive AND being fully offline would BE MORE SAFE than you are now. That was my point. Some hackers are experts. The first step of hacking would be identifying your IP and/or your machine. "Targeting" is what it is called. The second step would be a search string search for an encryption matching the type used by zeronet. Like length for SHA encryption etc. I don't understand A. your accusatory tone and B. how you don't get what I said. And it made me upset to the point I made a sassy / rude comment and now have edited it to be less sassy / rude.

Yea I don't think Apri1 understands hacking properly. After all my years working with computers I have very little trust in them, as I well understand how many way my systems can be remotely compromised.

But yea programing in an insecure language in a secure system pretty much defeats the purpose. You block one vector and open another. It's like locking your doors but leaving your windows open.

Anyway yea you've explained that hacking concept better than I could have. While I understand the concept I wouldn't have written it with anyway near as much effort cause I don't think Apri1 is going to understand it anyway. (At least on the first dozen tries or so.)

Anyway Apri1 still hasn't explained what her numbers are. Apri1 a number or numbers have no meaning without context. Groups of numbers without context have no meaning. Your numbers don't have any obvious or significant meaning. And yes, I have known the entire time what they do but not why these numbers were chosen. You've mentioned they are significant and have changed. Please Explain why.

please-explain.jpg

Apri1

*Programs something that's supposed to be a divergence meter into a webpage*

*Attacked an idea repeatedly without understanding it*

But yea mate I do understand how peer to peer networks work. The reason I mention about hacking is because Bitcoin was made by one person and we still dont *really* know who it is. One person is easy to influence. Influence can create backdoors.

K. I'm dead. Please stop with the nonsense. I literally can't take the idiocy anymore. You do realize that zeronet and bitcoin are both open source, right? You can just go read the code if you worry about backdoors.

You have a private key that you store somewhere that COULD become compromised.. am I missing something?

Right, but that's entirely unrelated to the security of javascript.

What you are saying isn't mutually exclusive AND being fully offline would BE MORE SAFE than you are now. That was my point. Some hackers are experts. The first step of hacking would be identifying your IP and/or your machine. "Targeting" is what it is called. The second step would be a search string search for an encryption matching the type used by zeronet. Like length for SHA encryption etc.

I'm aware of how hacking works. I was into black hat stuff when I was younger. As for IP, you can run zeronet through tor and anonymize yourself. It's literally built in for windows users. But yeah, if you manage to find my network, hack into the network, hack into the laptop, and have access to look around, then it'd be pretty easy to just quickly search the machine for the key. I know people who keep their keys separate to prevent even that.

Yea I don't think Apri1 understands hacking properly. After all my years working with computers I have very little trust in them, as I well understand how many way my systems can be remotely compromised.

I've done it. I'm well aware of how it works.

But yea programing in an insecure language in a secure system pretty much defeats the purpose. You block one vector and open another. It's like locking your doors but leaving your windows open.

Feel free to explain where the vulnerability is. Because it sounds like you failed to understand my code, failed to understand zeronet, etc.

Anyway Apri1 still hasn't explained what her numbers are. Apri1 a number or numbers have no meaning without context. Groups of numbers without context have no meaning. Your numbers don't have any obvious or significant meaning. And yes, I have known the entire time what they do but not why these numbers were chosen. You've mentioned they are significant and have changed. Please Explain why.

Why have they changed? Because I'm in a different timeline. I thought that was straight forward and obvious. I noticed the differences, wrote them down, and have a list. The ones that differed most frequently are the ones I used.