Help building a divergence meter?

OmniBon

Fair enough. I don't claim to be a security expert. My father is and has shared some of these bits with me over time.

In the case of Bitcoin you would definitely have to rely on it not having a backdoor. If zeronet is the same then the same applies. I indicated that very same idea before. In the case of Bitcoin, I was saying you would have to scrutinize 3rd party, or build your own, mining software, and that there really isn't a way to scrutinize the full node / block chain itself. Kind of doesn't make sense to be phrases that way because everyone mining is checking the block chain / the full node all the time - that is what Bitcoin IS, a reward for confirming transactions in a block chain. PERIOD.

Not sure, maybe you can help compare and contrast zeronet versus Bitcoin in another thread or directly. I do know that cryptocurrency, especially Monero, is favored by the security community because of the private key use. But also that means there are no such thing as thieves, just "badmins" or people who are admins who the private key creator / original admin doesn't want to be admins. Just a technicality and nearly purely semantic I think.

I REALLY just jumped in to pose the Rube Goldberg / manual porting of information from an offline machine to an online one idea.. as a means to have portions of a process entirely offline. Specifically wallet / private key generation / storage. ALSO, to bring up the "middle man" hacking strategy to point out offline machines could become hacked when they come back online, etc.

paradox404

K. I'm dead. Please stop with the nonsense. I literally can't take the idiocy anymore. You do realize that zeronet and bitcoin are both open source, right? You can just go read the code if you worry about backdoors.

Right, but that's entirely unrelated to the security of javascript.

I'm aware of how hacking works. I was into black hat stuff when I was younger. As for IP, you can run zeronet through tor and anonymize yourself. It's literally built in for windows users. But yeah, if you manage to find my network, hack into the network, hack into the laptop, and have access to look around, then it'd be pretty easy to just quickly search the machine for the key. I know people who keep their keys separate to prevent even that.

I've done it. I'm well aware of how it works.

Feel free to explain where the vulnerability is. Because it sounds like you failed to understand my code, failed to understand zeronet, etc.

Why have they changed? Because I'm in a different timeline. I thought that was straight forward and obvious. I noticed the differences, wrote them down, and have a list. The ones that differed most frequently are the ones I used.

Another potential vulnerability there tbh. While I have nothing against open source software, in fact I actually love it, I know it provides a potential attack vector. While no models realistically provide coverage against vectors, interested parties driven by the persuit of money / corruption could find the vector they are after.

He wasn't talking about Javascript there mate? You get angry at me for hypocrisy and idiocy?

Yea and I have had my fair share of experience hacking. I bypassed a "state of the art" bootlocking system that was installed on the school laptops here in aus to install another OS. (Basically they locked them down until you graduated high school, which only a handful of people know how to do it). And yea I understand that as well. What's your point?

Cool story bro.

Already explained the JS vulnerabilities. Do you even read? Anyway, unlike you I understand your idea, however as I've said you've bragged about how good your data sample is but given no explanation as to why you chose the numbers you did.

You STILL haven't explained what they are. As I said I know what they are for, but not their significance in being selected.

Last edited:

steven chiverton

This is a pet project of mine for quite some time now. Mostly brainstorming, and a bit of experimentation. Unfortunately my efforts haven't succeeded quite yet. I'm looking to build a functional and proper divergence meter (such as the one in the anime Steins;Gate). But I'm unfortunately at a loss. Perhaps a bit due to my lack of physics knowledge, as well as my inability to quickly test my experiments.

My first attempt has been to take hashes of various files that contain content that I know differs among various timelines. Using those hashes I then construct a larger 'divergence value' which I can observe. To date, the number hasn't changed, despite changing timelines. Partially because much of the content remained the same, but also due to the lack of resolution within the files (that failed to capture the smaller changes).

You can find the meter itself, along with the source code on the ZeroNet site it's hosted: http://127.0.0.1:43110/1B2G4C4wiygqq87AMeExdwyiSLeVPksKj4/

You'll need ZeroNet to access the site.

View attachment 7289

If anyone has any ideas for the next version and test, I'm all ears. So far I've received a recommendation to try: taking a battery from one timeline to another and then measuring the voltage (I doubt this would work, and I can't physically bring things between timelines anyway), and to measure the various traits of elementary particles (I see no reason this would work.)

All in all, a sad attempt. I can't seem to find anything clearly definitive of a particular timeline, and it seems most time travel claims fail to even address the topic and question.
Bizarre Cases of Inter-Dimensional Doorway Devices and Time Machines | Mysterious Universe