heres an idea

cupcakeman100

ok i have been thinking way to much this week and found the solution for this ok here goes my question
ok so if you met your self from the future in the past i know that will cause a great paradox but what if you have a disguise on you like lots of make up etc different outfit would still cause a paradox???? because it would like be like a complet stranger coming up to your self right
i still need some answers for this one

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
So far you have proposed a fictional scenario. It's not possible to do what you propose. So no one has answers to something entirely fictional.

However there are several of us here on this forum that have doppelgangers. No one knows what the doppelgangers really are.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Perhaps it depends whether or not the meeting in question will prevent your younger self from going the path that leads him/her to go back in time and meet himself/herself. Does that help?

I like to think it would work, but only because we'd be dealing with infinite alternate timelines. The younger you you'd meet wouldn't be the real one, but one from an alternate reality that got created when you entered it.

NaturalPhilosopher

nah no paradox, something weirder happens if you're in physical proximity of your younger self though. You exchange energy with him which causes either your present or past self to have an emotional-mental breakdown.

That's the big thing that causes the future to change.

It's the same thing if you meet aliens in person, they emit such radically high vibration energy it causes your own mental chi blocks to become destabilized and you have a serious psychotic break.

Same reason time travelers say that time machines can cause temporal dementia.

Why gibbs says to not contact your past self.

If your vibration was high in the past then no danger.

NaturalPhilosopher

Gotta remember, the past and future are constantly changing. Who cares if you change the present. People sanctify the past but aren't careful about the future. Do you obsess about all the futures that aren't going to happen cuz you just ate a cheeseburger rather than had tacos? No. So why care about the present? So if you work at Target today and at Macy's tomorrow with whole new parents and friends and don't remember it, who cares.

People are still limited in what they can accomplish so I wouldn't worry about it. People fantasize about farting in the wind in 1969 and then causing the butterfly effect to trigger a nuclear war with russia. Doesn't happen at all.

Time isn't that delicate.

Takes a serious amount of work to change the future in any large way. On an individual level not as much work though.

People still get born but to different parents. Not like you can change the pre-incarnate life or afterlife with time travel.

Last edited:

Luke.369

still what if changing left to right on a street home and now from that you start using that road home now but two days in to your new road, you .die from a bus hitting you and crushing your scull.

your telling me thats an OK with you?
i think yes you can f*@k your life up if you dont take care.
different mums and dads would be dumb as you are one of so many more little genes but what do i know. you wouldnt be anyone, youd just not be there. instead they have a girl and call her Sally and that person is not you...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
ok i have been thinking way to much this week and found the solution for this ok here goes my question
ok so if you met your self from the future in the past i know that will cause a great paradox but what if you have a disguise on you like lots of make up etc different outfit would still cause a paradox???? because it would like be like a complet stranger coming up to your self right
i still need some answers for this one

The Multiple Worldline Theory clears up that type of paradox.

TimeFlipper

A Paradox is a:: statement that, despite apparently sound reasoning from true premises, it leads to an apparently self contradictory or "logically unacceptable conclusion"....However as we all know, there are many so called paradoxes occurring in Time-Travel such as meeting ourselves face to face, and we have all seen that happen in the Back To The Future movies, so therefore NO paradox could occur (y) :D.