Here's an outlandish theory...

The_Ruffneck

Illuminati take over world using clone army!

Think about it , cloned beings live short lives and age quickly making them perfect for fighting wars , and Illuminati would have plenty of money to put into this kind of research...

Not only that by the time people realise whats going on they may refuse to go to war so they'll need pre-programmed goons so to speak.

Genetic engineering could make them have an extra 2 arms meaning they could carry more guns , a tougher skin layer would help out against shrapnel.

Actually i won't take credit for this i came across it years ago in one of those nostradamus books...

StarLord

Yeah, and in the Henoch Prophecy, they suposedly mix pig and human DNA to manufacture "Clone" Warriors that will be used as troops. They have no conscience and are ruthless to a fault. Oh, they eventually band together and lay waste to their creators and everybody else around them until they are destroyed,

See, PORK is bad for you.

Jean-Jacques Mass

Ruffneck, I think we are a very long ways from realizing what you described; genetic engineering is extremely complex. Besides, clones are unnecessary as many people can be easily programmed using a combination of psychological manipulation and psychopharmaceuticals, which would both be cheaper and easier to accomplish.

As for genetic improvements, I think those are also both beyond our capabilities and inefficient as well. We have evolved our current bodies for a reason. If we increased the thickness of our skin, it would need to be to the extent of body armor or more, which would make it impossible to sweat through; therefore, we would need to pant as canines do, which would compromise any covert missions, as well as decrease our dexterity. More arms would require increased spatial reasoning capabilities, as well as multitasking potential in order to use those arms intelligently and coordinate them with our other arms.

All in all it would be too difficult for anyone to pursue as far as creating an army goes.

StarLord

True, you could do what Germany did without the use of chemicals back in the 30's and 40's. All you need to do is convince them they are right and let nature take its course.

TheSadGoat

Originally posted by Alyxavior@Nov 2 2004, 05:13 PM
That's how it's going now. Who's to say that Nature isn't already in control? :)

I hate to revive an old thread, but that was an interesting post Alyxavior. What did you mean by that, if you don't mind me asking?