Hey HDRKid

Kairos

How are those schematic supposed to work? I can read random schematics just fine. I see no reason why those should result in time travel.

Look, it's not just the computer science background here. I am talking from the context of old-school Air Force flight line experience. For some whacky reason there was this particular flight line troop called E&E who were prone to being batshit crazy. I can't explain it, but it seems like on every base, these crazy bastards would squirrel away aircraft parts in random closets for years in order to build their time machine projects. I am not even making this up. I have seen it all, man.

What puts all this shit into a proper perspective is that these people never have any idea how their machines are actually supposed to work. They just think they need a lot of something (like electromagnetism, for example) and some magical thing is supposed to happen. It's a kind of magical thinking.

All I am asking for is some theoretical basis for why this HDR is supposed to work, not the schematic. As a Radio Shack project, it's actually pretty trivial to make one. Although, I am sure the true believers will tell you there are all these nuances that, if not appropriately addressed, will result in the device not working, which is a good fallback excuse for why pretty much none of them can be demonstrated to work.

Now.. that's not to say I am against messing around with stuff to see what happens. I fully support that. Just approach it with the mindset that you have no idea what will happen and would like to just perform the experiment and observe the effects. The accidental time machine approach is far more valid than the fake time machine approach.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I'm not sure this will work. If someone has a link to a place I can just buy one I'd have a lot of fun videoing giving myself cancer, superpowers, instant heat death or whatever it does.